Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Anderson/Quinn: The Same As Brees/Rivers???

WashingtonFederals

I think if they opened that job up to competition, Quinn would win it outright. When Anderson's on, he's red hot. When he's off, he can't hit the broad side of a barn. Not sure Quinn could make some of the deep throws DA makes, but he'd be more consistant overall.

They cannot trade Quinn, because his SB is too large to absorb. The question comes, will anyone trade for DA? If not Cleveland is golden, because they will only be on the hook for whatever the tender is $2M or so.

If DA decides to hold out, they have Quinn to come in and start and DA will only lose more value when he becomes a FA the following year.

This semi relates to the thread:

February 13, 2008, 12:47

Browns :: QB

QB Quinn Involved In New Year's Eve Incident

Aaron Marshall, Cleveland Plain Dealer - [Full Article]

Browns QB Brady Quinn was with a group of hecklers outside a Columbus, Ohio bar shouting obscenities at gay passers-by on New Year's Eve. Police responded to a 911 call reporting a group of around 10 individuals shouting insults and broke up an argument between Quinn and a witness. The report stated that two fights took place that night, both involving a 6-foot white male with brown hair. Seth Harris, the 911 caller said, "I just walked outside and (Brady) exchanged many profanities with me and called me a faggot, of course. I knew who it was. It wasn't just directed at me, there were other people around, too." No charges were filed against Quinn.

Is there any reason for Quinn to be starter after what Anderson did this year??

Honestly.

There's zero reason for Quinn to be the starter over Anderson. He hasn't proven a damn thing, so the Browns would be foolish to trade Anderson away.

This semi relates to the thread:

February 13, 2008, 12:47

Browns :: QB

QB Quinn Involved In New Year's Eve Incident

Aaron Marshall, Cleveland Plain Dealer - [Full Article]

Browns QB Brady Quinn was with a group of hecklers outside a Columbus, Ohio bar shouting obscenities at gay passers-by on New Year's Eve. Police responded to a 911 call reporting a group of around 10 individuals shouting insults and broke up an argument between Quinn and a witness. The report stated that two fights took place that night, both involving a 6-foot white male with brown hair. Seth Harris, the 911 caller said, "I just walked outside and (Brady) exchanged many profanities with me and called me a faggot, of course. I knew who it was. It wasn't just directed at me, there were other people around, too." No charges were filed against Quinn.

From the little I know about Quinn I thought he was a better guy than that. Disapointing.

From the little I know about Quinn I thought he was a better guy than that. Disapointing.

Meh, he seems like he's alittle full of himself, he just has that demeanor IMO. Probably has to do with him being compared to Tom Brady and such. :rolleyes:

Have a single one of you saying Anderson should be kept by the Browns SEEN any Browns games?

You are cracking me up. Jason Campbell had receivers dropping balls left and right. Anderson had receivers catching uncatchable balls left and right.....maybe up and down too.

The Browns need to try to get something for Anderson while the getting is good and they know it and so do most of their fans.

Have a single one of you saying Anderson should be kept by the Browns SEEN any Browns games?

You are cracking me up. Jason Campbell had receivers dropping balls left and right. Anderson had receivers catching uncatchable balls left and right.....maybe up and down too.

The Browns need to try to get something for Anderson while the getting is good and they know it and so do most of their fans.

To be honest, no I haven't seen a Browns game at full length. But whatever Anderson was doing this past season, it must've been enough for them to make it to a 10-6 season, because they sure wouldn't have even sniffed the play-offs had Crennel stuck with Charlie Frye.

Maybe he'll build off of this past season to improve?

on the top of ESPN's list of overrated players (and living in Cle, I agree... he isn't that good - quinn looked better in the little action he saw):

Derek Anderson, QB, Cleveland -- Anderson had nine games this past season with a passer rating of less than 80 and topped that mark only once in the final five games of the season. His 19 interceptions tied for fourth most in the NFL. His 82.5 season-long passer rating was lower than the passer ratings of Jay Cutler, Matt Schaub, Chad Pennington and Sage Rosenfels. Leading the Browns to 10 wins was impressive, but the sum of Anderson's accomplishments should not have equaled a trip to Honolulu.

on the top of ESPN's list of overrated players (and living in Cle, I agree... he isn't that good - quinn looked better in the little action he saw):

Derek Anderson, QB, Cleveland -- Anderson had nine games this past season with a passer rating of less than 80 and topped that mark only once in the final five games of the season. His 19 interceptions tied for fourth most in the NFL. His 82.5 season-long passer rating was lower than the passer ratings of Jay Cutler, Matt Schaub, Chad Pennington and Sage Rosenfels. Leading the Browns to 10 wins was impressive, but the sum of Anderson's accomplishments should not have equaled a trip to Honolulu.

Those of us who are forced to see the Browns on a regular basis should band together and shut up these "lets get Anderson" people.

Do you know any Browns fans who don't want to see what they can get for him because they don't think he is that great? Not one that I know thinks that they shouldn't test it out. The problem is that now that the season is over teams are going to watch film and probably not want to give to much for him.

• 2 weeks later...

Ah, the JC excuse for dropping balls. Derek Anderson is a much better QB than JC. Oh, here comes the 1st year excuse. Nope, Anderson is younger than Campbell.

Archived