Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Is Fassel a finalist because he is the most flexible?

nneece

I think you'd have to prove to me how Danny treated Gibbs like a puppet, and Spurrier too, for that matter.

It's bad enough that the rest of the NFL world perpetuates 6 year old stories, it's absolutely pathetic when our own 'fans' do it.

~Bang

I think you'd have to prove to me how Danny treated Gibbs like a puppet, and Spurrier too, for that matter.

It's bad enough that the rest of the NFL world perpetuates 6 year old stories, it's absolutely pathetic when our own 'fans' do it.

~Bang

exactly, i find it hard to believe the first thing snyder did when he hired spurrier was say, "get me Danny Aweful, Ashamed Mathews, and Yackoff Green!!!"

I tried going on Youtube and searching for "Fassel touches toes", but I couldn't find it.

. . . man that was a horrible joke.

It was removed from youtube duet to copyright infringment. It can only be seen at the beginning of the Adam Archuletta workout video!

~Bang

This is the part that I don't get. Who in their right mind actually thinks Snyder was pulling the strings with Gibbs? I was pretty much of the mind that it was Gibbs telling him to jump and Snyder responding with "How high?".

I've gotten the impression that Snyder wants to be involved and help out, but he is more than willing to cede control to whoever will take it. Gibbs took it. Spurrier wouldn't, so Snyder stepped in to fill the vacuum. He will never be a hands-off, uninvolved owner, but I just don't get the feeling that he feels the need to be calling all the shots.

From what we've heard, Zorn was highly thought of by several of the interviewees and around the league, in general. Blache has been here 4 years and represents continuity on that side of the ball. You think maybe this whole coordinator thing was done with the tacit approval of the likely candidate, and if they decided to go with another candidate who demanded a different coodinator(s), it wouldn't be done?

There are things Snyder can be bashed over, why do people feel they have to make things up?

EDIT: BTW, I wholeheartedly agree with Bang's post. I quoted it for emphasis.

IE- he is the most desperate for a HC opportunity so Snyder sees a candidate who is most likely to bend to his and little danny's ways and be more puppet like?

Yet another assumption/conclusion from someone with no proof. Actually, there's plenty of visible proof to the contrary, but you go ahead and keep ignoring it so you can stoke the flame of Snyder hate to ever soaring heights.

He will do whatever they tell him. He is desperate for work.

He will not be good for us.

I agree but if that's the case then Little Danny isn't going to hire anybody that doesn't agree to let Little Danny be the puppet master.

So using your logic, who would be the best choice as a Redskin HC? Because Little Danny isn't going to hire somebody who refuses to be the puppet.

~Bang

Gibbs was the exception rather then the rule. Gibbs has too much football experience and legend with his 3 SB wins and HOF. Plus he is Snyder's idol. However, with Gibbs departing and Vinny being promoted to Executive VP plus installing the OC and naming the DC prior to a new HC it sends a strong message that Danny and little danny are calling the shots now.

Yet another assumption/conclusion from someone with no proof. Actually, there's plenty of visible proof to the contrary, but you go ahead and keep ignoring it so you can stoke the flame of Snyder hate to ever soaring heights.

Yet Fassel does not have a coaching job in the NFL nor is anyone currently pursuing him aside from the Redskins.

Gibbs was the exception rather then the rule. Gibbs has too much football experience and legend with his 3 SB wins and HOF. Plus he is Snyder's idol. However, with Gibbs departing and Vinny being promoted to Executive VP plus installing the OC and naming the DC prior to a new HC it sends a strong message that Danny and little danny are calling the shots now.

How true and that's another "perception" thing that the other candidates, media and yes, even us fans take. In another thread, Bang was stating that perception wasn't important, well here's where "perception" is and it will keep the best qualified candidates from ever wanting to come here as a HC. Yeah, "perception" is everything Bang.

Because they agree with you? Aren't these pretty much opinions we're putting in this thread?

Because if you actually filter out the media crap and view with your own eyes what has happened, it is clear that Snyder is not some Head Coach puppet master. Is he involved? Of course he is. Any good owner would be. But he's not looking for a coach he can "control". This is a complete falacy.

some must not know the definition of the word "logic"

logic

1. A branch of philosophy and mathematics that deals with the formal principles, methods and criteria of validity of inference, reasoning and knowledge.

Logic is concerned with what is true and how we can know whether something is true. This involves the formalisation of logical arguments and proofs in terms of symbols representing propositions and logical connectives. The meanings of these logical connectives are expressed by a set of rules which are assumed to be self-evident.

logic (lŏj'ĭk) Pronunciation Key

The study of the principles of reasoning, especially of the structure of propositions as distinguished from their content and of method and validity in deductive reasoning.

log·ic (lŏj'ĭk) Pronunciation Key

n.

1. The study of the principles of reasoning, especially of the structure of propositions as distinguished from their content and of method and validity in deductive reasoning.

1. A system of reasoning: Aristotle's logic.

2. A mode of reasoning: By that logic, we should sell the company tomorrow.

3. The formal, guiding principles of a discipline, school, or science.

4. The nonarithmetic operations performed by a computer, such as sorting, comparing, and matching, that involve yes-no decisions.

5. Computer circuitry.

6. Graphic representation of computer circuitry.

3. Valid reasoning: Your paper lacks the logic to prove your thesis.

4. The relationship between elements and between an element and the whole in a set of objects, individuals, principles, or events: There's a certain logic to the motion of rush-hour traffic.

because some of these posts aren't "logical"

logical

adjective

1. capable of or reflecting the capability for correct and valid reasoning; "a logical mind" [ant: illogical]

2. based on known statements or events or conditions; "rain was a logical expectation, given the time of year" [syn: legitimate]

3. marked by an orderly, logical, and aesthetically consistent relation of parts; "a coherent argument" [syn: coherent] [ant: incoherent]

4. capable of thinking and expressing yourself in a clear and consistent manner; "a lucid thinker"; "she was more coherent than she had been just after the accident" [syn: coherent]

Archived