Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Is Fassel a finalist because he is the most flexible?

nneece

This thread will be moot if we start winning.

If Snyder is a -just cut the paychecks owner

a- puppet master

or a hand's on owner that provides input but doesn't meddle too much.

It won't matter if we win the NFCE, and go deep into the playoffs (ie NFCC) and hopefully winning a SB.

Start winning consistantly and problem is solved

Because if you actually filter out the media crap and view with your own eyes what has happened, it is clear that Snyder is not some Head Coach puppet master. Is he involved? Of course he is. Any good owner would be. But he's not looking for a coach he can "control". This is a complete falacy.

In your opinion. None of us truly know what is in his mind and what goes on behind the closed doors at Redskins Park. So, it should not be 'clear' to anyone, whether their take is positive or negative.

I think you'd have to prove to me how Danny treated Gibbs like a puppet, and Spurrier too, for that matter.

It's bad enough that the rest of the NFL world perpetuates 6 year old stories, it's absolutely pathetic when our own 'fans' do it.

~Bang

I understand what you're saying, Bang. But let's consider the fact that Dan is not a football guy. He's only been around football for 8 years. He is one-third of the brain trust at Redskins Park. If you're a hot prospect for coach in the league do you take this job?

Let's be perfectly honest, he is the least qualified personnel man in the NFL.

This is all with the exception of his being qualified by simply being the owner.

In your opinion. None of us truly know what is in his mind and what goes on behind the closed doors at Redskins Park. So, it should not be 'clear' to anyone, whether their take is positive or negative.

Which makes his opinion at least as valid as anyone's. Actually moreso, because he isn't taking an absence of information and making sweeping judgments with it.

How did Snyder 'control' Marty? Spurrier? Gibbs? The only possible thing I've heard of is that they cut Wuerffel, though it's never been clear that Spurrier strongly objected to that. Is that a huge issue?

I understand what you're saying, Bang. But let's consider the fact that Dan is not a football guy. He's only been around football for 8 years. He is one-third of the brain trust at Redskins Park. If you're a hot prospect for coach in the league do you take this job?

Let's be perfectly honest, he is the least qualified personnel man in the NFL.

This is all with the exception of his being qualified by simply being the owner.

Is he picking personnel? That's news to me. Where did you see that?

Is he picking personnel? That's news to me. Where did you see that?

Joe Gibbs has said that decisions(including personnel decisions) were made as a group between himself, Vinny and Snyder. We have been told that will not change. I would say that Snyder is a part of our personnel department.

I still cant figure out where people got the idea that Snyder and Vinny dominated Spurrier. They went out and got him exactly who he wanted. You think they signed the Florida scrubs without his asking for them? No freaking way. Dan does seem to consider himself a football personnel guy. That is scary, but the truth is he does what anyone of us would do. We think we know football too. It may be hurting us, but I think he will try and get anyone his coach asks for. He loves this team and wants to participate...I cant blame him.

Joe Gibbs has said that decisions(including personnel decisions) were made as a group between himself, Vinny and Snyder. We have been told that will not change. I would say that Snyder is a part of our personnel department.

So you interpret that as meaning he determines the players that the team will acquire?

Funny, I just thought he was consulted on the financial part of it. I never inferred that to mean that he was actually choosing players.

BTW, Snyder has been intimately involved with the league for 8 years now, which, I think, would indicate he has a better grasp of football personnel than anyone on this board. People are slamming the Skins all the time for not acquiring players or acquiring the wrong players. Does this mean that any poster who suggests the Redskins should acquire a player through FA or draft is clueless and any such idea should be immediately discarded because it's coming from someone who doesn't have the experience to make such a judgment?

I still cant figure out where people got the idea that Snyder and Vinny dominated Spurrier. They went out and got him exactly who he wanted. You think they signed the Florida scrubs without his asking for them? No freaking way. Dan does seem to consider himself a football personnel guy. That is scary, but the truth is he does what anyone of us would do. We think we know football too. It may be hurting us, but I think he will try and get anyone his coach asks for. He loves this team and wants to participate...I cant blame him.

Pretty much sums up my feelings. Any person on this board would be doing exactly what Snyder is doing - getting involved and helping acquire the personnel my football people told me they wanted.

Slamming Snyder for his lack of football experience is basically saying anyone of us who posts, with certitude, about the NFL is basically talking out of his butt, because Snyder has more NFL experience than any of us.

So you interpret that as meaning he determines the players that the team will acquire?

Funny, I just thought he was consulted on the financial part of it. I never inferred that to mean that he was actually choosing players.

BTW, Snyder has been intimately involved with the league for 8 years now, which, I think, would indicate he has a better grasp of football personnel than anyone on this board. People are slamming the Skins all the time for not acquiring players or acquiring the wrong players. Does this mean that any poster who suggests the Redskins should acquire a player through FA or draft is clueless and any such idea should be immediately discarded because it's coming from someone who doesn't have the experience to make such a judgment?

I am not saying that Snyder is the GM. I'm saying that he is involved in personnel decisions. Hence being a part of the personnel department. I can't say he is choosing players, nor can you say he isn't. But we both know he is involved in personnel decisions and that we can not place where that involvement begins or ends.

I don't doubt that Snyder has more experience than anyone else on this board. When I ask for a member of this board to become our GM, you can remind me of that. :)

I don't think Snyder's evil, nor do I think he is stupid. I do however believe we would be better suited with football professionals running the team at the moment and let Snyder step in down the line when he's had more experience. He's had 8 years of experience at the NFL level with absolutely zero training for being a football professional prior to that.

I would just like to feel good about the direction of my team. How many coaches is it now that we have gone through under Snyder's direction? I am not about to claim to know what Dan is thinking or what his actual involvement is in players or coaches that we look at, but i do know that in any organization the buck stops at the top. Is that not Mr. Snyder?

Archived