Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Super Bowl VII running backs

RabidFan

After watching the replay this past weekend man it was nuts how Czonka, Brown, and Harraway all attack the line of scrimmage at full speed....there was no hesitation for holes, just reckless abandonment attacking the holes at full speed....was insane and seemed with one step they were at the DBs and 8yrds down the field. ....impressive.

After watching the replay this past weekend man it was nuts how Czonka, Brown, and Harraway all attack the line of scrimmage at full speed....there was no hesitation for holes, just reckless abandonment attacking the holes at full speed....was insane and seemed with one step they were at the DBs and 8yrds down the field. ....impressive.

Impressive, but 1972 was Larry Brown's last standout year. He was never the same after that season. He sat out the last 2 games of the '72 regular season and STILL led the NFC in rushing and was second in the NFL, by 34 yards, to O.J. Simpson.

Reckless abandonment comes at a cost.

There were great RBs on both sides of the ball in that game for sure.

I loved watching 31 and 43 ... Harraway and Brown. Somewhere in my house, I have Larry Brown's book, "I'll Always Get Up", and it's autographed by Brown himself! :)

Vince Lombardi, in his all too brief tenure as HC here, was the one who realized that Brown was deaf in one ear and was responsible for getting an earpiece in his helmet ... once Brown could actually hear the plays being called, he just took off as a RB.

What I noticed was Kilmer throwing 3 interceptions on really bad passes and hitting the goal post on a wide open Jerry Smith. Had Jurgensen been in there it would have been a much closer game.

Sonny or Billy ... the argument continues :laugh:

That pass that hit the goal post was truly unbelievable. He couldn't have done that if he tried.

another thing I noticed when watching the replay........

The Curt Gowdy call was a thing of beauty. No screaming, yelling, or arguing. No comedians or celebrities in the booth. No overblown hyperbole and every 4th word being "great", "amazing", "heroic", or "UNBELIEVABLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

just a simple call of a simple game, and that was enough

another thing I noticed when watching the replay........

The Curt Gowdy call was a thing of beauty. No screaming, yelling, or arguing. No comedians or celebrities in the booth. No overblown hyperbole and every 4th word being "great", "amazing", "heroic", or "UNBELIEVABLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

just a simple call of a simple game, and that was enough

Ye i also noticed that, and really liked that...

On a side note, i like Joe Buck as an announcer i think hes very good, everyone else probaly disagrees with me though.

Archived