Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ESPN.com article from the AP lists Mooch as no longer a candidate??

mrredskinDgreen

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3232394

click link for full article

Snyder has met with several other candidates, all of whom are no longer under consideration for various reasons. Those candidates included Tennessee Titans defensive coordinator Jim Schwartz, Seattle Seahawks defensive backs coach Jim Mora, former Redskins assistant Gregg Williams, former San Francisco 49ers and Detroit Lions coach Steve Mariucci and Southern Cal coach Pete Carroll.

It's from the AP, so it might not mean anything. It caught my attention though because I haven't heard anything about Mooch dropping out of the race as of yet. I sent JLC an email about this so if he gets back to me I'll post an update.

Update @ 3:15 pm - JLC emailed me back with this response: His interview went nowhere my friend. Its spags or fassel at this point with meeks along for the ride.

Interesting. Maybe it's down to Spagnuolo and Fassel. That makes it a no-brainer. Pick Spags.

Remember, Woody said three candidates were still in the hunt. That would make the third Meeks.

It is very possible that Mooch was never a candidate and they just did a courtisy call to get that over and done with.

Jason

The thing is, Bram just had a blog entry from today and listed Mooch as 30% to get the job (in his opinion)

Maybe the AP is just making stuff up.

Looking at the history of AP vs Baghdad Larry/Bram, I would tend to go with AP. Not that it's a lock. Sports reporting on things like this is from leaks and speculation. You simply cannot verify a story that hasn't been written.

The thing is, Bram just had a blog entry from today and listed Mooch as 30% to get the job (in his opinion)

Maybe the AP is just making stuff up.

Yeah, and I'm sure Bram's 30% personal opinion is very reliable. :doh:

That's why I put (in his opinion) DUH

Sorry, my comment had a lot more to do with the fact that Bram is placing %'s based on no more information than anyone hear has.

Also, VGJ (mr. popularity) said Mooch was never a real candidate. The he actually initiated the contact, instead of the other way around.

Archived