Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Forget Brady!!! "Slingin' Sammy" Was The Greatest EVER!!!

WashingtonFederals

well i'd say baugh probably had the best performance in a playoff game.

brady is damn good, but not the best ever. he's not joe montana.

and the pats aren't the best team ever. put these pats against the '85 bears, or even the '91 skins, and they'd get slaughtered.

That's right about Sammy and he still holds the record for avg. yds. per punt, in a season, not just Championship Games.

He was playing on both sides of the ball and he was actually very good at it, unlike Danny's hero, Dieon Sanders.

Good luck to the Gnats tonight. Try to keep it in the NFC East as it might as well be you because it damn sure isn't going to be the Redskins anytime soon.

i'm going to have to use the talent argument on this one... it's a different game... but i never understood why you judge a quarterback on super bowl victories...

favre >>>>

Yeah, it's a silly argument. Why it only applies to QBs is a question I don't get. It's stupid to judge individuals by team accomplishments.

Does anyone think Trent Dilfer was a better QB than Dan Marino?

Does anyone think Stephen Neal is a better G than John Hannah? Or Matt Light a better T than Anthony Munoz?

For that matter, does anyone think BJ Armstrong was a better Point Guard than John Stockton? Or Trot Nixon a better OF than Barry Bonds?

He also was the best QB in the league, led the league in Ints because he played defense and still holds the best punt avg I believe.

Yeah, he was a lot better than Montana, Brady, Aikman, etc. Those guys look like they want to cry when they get hit. Just look at Brady today, lol.

It's amazing what can happen in 24 hours. Yesterday there was talk of Tom Brady being the best to have ever played the game, people were placing him above Joe Montanna...24 hours later and now what?

Can we finally, at least until next year forget about comparing Brady to Montanna?

I can at least say I saw Jurgenson play when I was a kid. Of course Baugh is an icon and legend, but I never saw him play. Having said all that it was delightful to see Brady's smug smirk wiped off his face. I can't say I've ever been a Giants fan, but they deserved that game. Brady's like other "mortal" QB's who crack when they get hit enough. He was nothing special. That's one thing we had during those SB runs: a consistent pass rush to neutralize "superstars" like Brady. I wonder if he wears that eye black to weddings.

• 2 weeks later...
i know not many fans list many of the old quarterbacks as some of the greatest, but five of my favorites were sonny jurgensen, norm van brocklin, otto graham, y.a. tittle and bobby layne. i dont know how they would do in todays game but i thought they were all great in their time.:point2sky

It's all about protection, with the right O-line, any former HOF QB would still produce!!!

Although Bobby Layne would never survive the suspension for his alcoholism, if he played today... :laugh:

Archived