Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ESPN Hashmarks - Snyder on Coaching Search

21dave

IMO Spags will be a pretty good hire. Look at the players he has in NY. Osi is a real good player but is a bit overrated(6 of his sacks were against one Winston Justice), Strahan is still solid but past his prime and he has Tuck. That makes for a pretty good defensive line no doubt about it.

Now lets look at the rest of his defense. None of their lbs are anything special. Pierce is a good run stuffer but sucks ass in coverage. And their db are weak as hell. What Spagnulo(sp?) has been able to do (especially in the playoffs) with the players he has is pretty damn impressive.

BTW, coming from a team with a great frount four, he knows how important those guys are and just maybe we'll pay a little bit more attention to that area of our d instead of spending 90% of our money on the back 7.

I dunno. Spag seems like just the latest fashionable choice. One decent (not great) year does not a head coach maketh.

Think of it this way. Why would Snyder want give the job to Spags. he's a defensive coach, we have a new 1st year OC, don't you think it would be better if we have an offensive minded coach to help lead our new 1 year OC. Just a thought

I hope we don't hire Spag.....he is a giant! Why in the world do people want to bring someone from the NFC EAST to our house!

Someone help me understand that.....:gaintsuck :dallasuck :eaglesuck

I'll help you understand it. WHO CARES WHERE THEY CAME FROM. GET THE BEST PERSON FOR THE JOB.

What, you are going to elimate someone because they came from the Giants... only a fan thinks that way, and that's why fans don't run the show.

Do you think that GE, JNJ, GM, IBM, and MSFT wouldn't hire someone that worked for a competitor just because.... please. :rolleyes:

The same guy who was ready t obe run out of town in the early part of the season is now impressive to Snyder? No wonder Six Flags is down to like $1.46 a share & the 'Skins 21 million over the cap while other teams are $40 million under. I see a pattern here - anyone else?

I was pretty sure it would be Spags last week but after reading JLC's blog about Blache, I think he and Spags would butt heads. I'm more inclined to think Danny will go with an offensive-minded HC so I'm still guessing Mooch or Fossil.

Very possible......but i hope your wrong :)

i will support him though nonetheless...

I don't really care who it is, Fassel is just as good as any of the others IMO, in some ways more promising.

I am a Williams guy. I wanted at least one more year with what we had. Williams in charge with Saunders still running the offense. With some injury luck, I felt pretty good about going into next season. Now. I think we will be sub .500 again because of installing a new offense. One that will put a ton of pressure on our young QB. And the lines are just getting older. Yea, I am a little morbid tonight.

I firmly believe Fassel has already been hired and they just wanted to separate the firing of Gregg Williams from the hiring of Fassel.

Jim Fassel will be our next coach.

I'm thinking that as well. Wasn't there some info on her last week that said Fassel said he would like to have Zorn as his OC if he's hired? And then out of the blue, Dan hires Zorn.

I think Dan will finish with the Spags interview just to make sure he's checked out all possibilities, but in the end he'll give it to Fassel.

The mistake a lot of businesses make is to hire too fast and fire too slow. Dan and Vinny aren't making that mistake with their head coaching hire. That is positive for the Redskins and negative for the other teams.

The mistake a lot of businesses make is to hire too fast and fire too slow. Dan and Vinny aren't making that mistake with their head coaching hire. That is positive for the Redskins and negative for the other teams.

Yes, but if I was interviewed for a senior executive position and told that I had no say in my current management team and somebody else was going to pick the staff, that would give me a moment of pause. It's a good analogy to business, but this is not generally how a good business is structured. You pick the leader, then you let him pick his subordinates, and then hold him/her accountable for their success.

But Danny's a billionare, and I'm not, so maybe he does know some things about running an organization.

I wonder if Mooch is interviewing right now with Snyder? Hope he does well.

Actually, I am watching him live on the NFL Network so, no he's not ...

I hope he does (and/or has already done) well too! I find it hard to believe there haven't already been some discussions between them, even informally.

I hope he does (and/or has already done) well too! I find it hard to believe there haven't already been some discussions between them, even informally.

I'm surprised there haven't been either. Also, it seems like he isn't being given enough time to interview with today being the day he interviews. That can be good or bad in that they are just going through the motions with Mooch being interviewed or they have targeted him and they don't need alot of time for an interview. The mystery will soon be over soon, though.

I don't think that is live right now :)

actually it is :silly:

Archived