Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Who Will Be Our 2008 Backup QB?

CM916

Seattle tried to trade for Brunell in preseason. How much was Zorn involved in that process? I hope this isn't the continuation of the noodle arm. Imagine Brunell lasting longer in DC than Gibbs II.

Maybe that's what Snyder meant by "continuity" :doh: :laugh:

My vote is for St. Pierre or Tuiasosopo- just because those would be some kick ass jerseys!

I think Brunell sees the writing on the wall after accepting 3rd string this year. It's time to retire, Mark. I actually wonder about him becoming a QB coach or something for someone - would we have him?

What about Jordan Palmer? He is rough but under Zorn maybe he could flourish? Dunno, just looking for a diamond in the rough or something that we would not have to spend a ton of money on. :whoknows:

Some of the young guys on the list may develop really well here. Mc cown,Volek, MAYBE (big maybe there) even Grossman.:doh:

(man, did I really say that? that hurt.)

But I'd only be in favor of picking up young QB's if the coaches will open the starting position up to competition. I believe competition breeds excellence.

If coaches don't open up the competition for Qb it doesn't really matter who is back-up, it would be just a big name on a bench.

Sorgi signed a deal with the Colts.

I swear every list I saw of upcoming FA's for the Skins, Brunell was on it. I think he's free to go.

That list that was posted does not inspire much confidence. We take whoever has had the most experience in whatever offensive system we'll be running.

I'd imagine Todd Collins will follow Saunders.

I also envision Mark Brunell restructuring and coming on back.

I could see us using a 2nd day draft pick on a qb.

I guess there's your 3 qbs.

Yup.

I think this makes most sense.

But in the Skins park ... what makes most sense is not always done.

It can be very tricky who ever they bring in. Alot of the arguments against Collins starting was that it would hurt Campbells development or confidense, not that Todd wouldn't win more games. But who ever the new coach is will not have investments into Campbell and has notthing to prove like Gibbs did with his choice. So New coach may just go with who ever performs best in the camp and preseason. Someone like Billy Volex may walk on to the team as the best QB. Of course New coach will have to have Snyders blessing on the starting QB.

Archived