Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Who Will Be Our 2008 Backup QB?

CM916

Billy Volek definately, i seriously think that guy could start on a few teams in this league. He had a few good games with the Titans a couple years back and i honestly thought that he should have come in after half time of the AFC Championship Game. Hes like Matt Schaub who never got a real shot to start

As much as I hate to say it there is a possibility that our backup QB is going to be Jason Campbell

Where does this keep coming from? Who is the starter then? I don't think we would throw a raw rookie out there to sacrifice another season and some old vet is just more of the same. Maybe the old vet does well but he's still old and so you can't build for the future. We have had 18 different starting QBs since 1992, only a complete moron of a head coach would come in here and keep that streak going just because he didn't draft JC himself.

We draft Joe Flacco or another QB on Day One of the draft.

I think drafting a QB on day one would be a waste of a pick. Day two perhaps. As far as Flacco goes, I see him as a slightly upgraded version of Jordan Palmer. They played against mediocre teams and also played almost exclusively from a spread shotgun formation. Not only would he have to get used to the NFL game, but he would have to learn how to work from under center. I see some promise but likely a bust.

Archived