Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Its Obvious Emperor Has No Clothes

bulldog

95% of what you're speaking to, I've never said. Don't quote me, and then address 35 other people.
You are correct, it was a general rant, and I offer my apologies. I am just overwhelmed with the crybabies on this board. I wish they would stop threatening to quit the team, and then not just signing off and being gone. Like listening to a child threatening to hold his breath until Danny sells the team. Sorry. Not you. I fixed my post.

for such simple commentary

Oh, ok then, so mine was just "simple" commentary.

I should "worry less about others", else I might end up making snide comments about other people and following it up with happy faces. :)

take your pick

dress down

1. To scold; reprimand: I was dressed down by the teacher for lateness.

2. To wear informal clothes, befitting an occasion or location: I dressed down for such a casual occasion.

http://www.thefreedictionary.com/dress+down

ahhh. Well in this case, I'd vote neither. :laugh:

I initailly responded to what I read that seemed like a misrepresentation of staff activity, and then to further remarks, and did so in a manner I felt appropriate to the context and the writer. As should be apparent, I have some range in manner of presentation, so I tend to fit it to the occassion on ES. :D

That's enough, though, I will leave ATV the final word, whatever it is, and hope people get back to bulldog's thread topic(s).

You are correct, it was a general rant, and I offer my apologies. I am just overwhelmed with the crybabies on this board. I wish they would stop threatening to quit the team, and then not just signing off and being gone. Like listening to a child threatening to hold his breath until Danny sells the team. Sorry. Not you.

Thanks - I hear you.

Its been a crazy couple of weeks. One thing I'll say. Given all of the craziness the team has brought down upon its own head, I'm more inclined these days to love my fellow fans. They're the only ones whose motives I don't question these days, regardless of what they are arguing. Something to think about...

That said, not everyone here is being hysterical and irrational. While I think we all agree that the team can and should have plans and ideas and moves that it need not advise us of, certainly right away and in some cases ever, the fact is that when you're on a coaching search the fans want and need to know what is going on and what the status of the search is. It need not be in real time or every day, but there had better be something.

Instead, all we get is silence.

Couldn't have said it better.:applause:

Interestingly enough, I joined ES shortly after the Spurrier debacle with the intention of starting a petition to oust Snyder. Yes, it wouldn't have happened even with a billion signatures, but the point was to make it clear how the fans feel about him ruining this beloved franchise.

But then he pulled off the impossible by bringing Gibbs back. So the petition was no longer necessary. Well, Gibbs is long gone, and Snyder is proceeding to pick up where he left off four years ago by continuing to ruin our beloved Redskins. I'd start a petition but I don't want to be NNT'd. Is there one going around yet?

Interestingly enough, I joined ES shortly after the Spurrier debacle with the intention of starting a petition to oust Snyder. Yes, it wouldn't have happened even with a billion signatures, but the point was to make it clear how the fans feel about him ruining this beloved franchise.

But then he pulled off the impossible by bringing Gibbs back. So the petition was no longer necessary. Well, Gibbs is long gone, and Snyder is proceeding to pick up where he left off four years ago by continuing to ruin our beloved Redskins. I'd start a petition but I don't want to be NNT'd. Is there one going around yet?

I'm in the exact same boat. Could you paddle us any faster away from this sinking ship? I thought it was very transparent what happened to Spurrier, and I was through with the Skins. Now after what has happened to Gibbs and his staff I'm even more disgusted. I feel like an old slappped-around gaping-holed worn-out whore.

Thanks - I hear you.

Its been a crazy couple of weeks. One thing I'll say. Given all of the craziness the team has brought down upon its own head, I'm more inclined these days to love my fellow fans. They're the only ones whose motives I don't question these days, regardless of what they are arguing. Something to think about...

Do you love me too?

What should be noted is the age and longevity of the posters in this thread. Hard core fans who are not given to overreactions. Of which I can be guilty at times :) I think we all share the same sentiment where snyder is concerned. If you want to be the man the damnit, step up and be the man!! Stop this childish game of hiding behind others when the @#$% hits the fan. Stand out front and take it like a man. Like his idol/role Model: Joe Gibbs. Who set the supreme example after the Bills game.

We could respect an owner who comes out and says 'here's what I'm thinking.' We might not agree with him. But we'd know where he stands. We'd ***** about it; rant and rave but eventually we'd get over it. This little shell game he continues to play with bits of information and disinformation just feeds the beasts of anxiety and paranoia.

The danger in silence Blondie is that we are worried that our owner is still clueless after 8 years. We worry that snyder is getting bad advice (vinnie) or not listening to good avice (Gibbs). And I think the slip ups with Fassel, Mora, GW, Rex Ryan, etc certainly seem to back up that fact. The head guy has to be a rock. Like Gibbs was. We could deal with the 5-11 of 2006 because Gibbs told us that he would fix this. And I believe he did.

For those ignorant enough to classify Gibbs 2.0 as a failure we know better. We have lost our Rock. Many of those I'm speaking of are in their 30s/40s now. We didn't fully appreciate what Gibbs did for our beloved franchise. Not until the 15 years of wandering thru the desert like the children of Israel. Then Gibbs came back. And while the playoff runs were nice, that was just the beginnings of a turn-around. He got us to the point where we could expect the same fight every game. Sure, we made some bone-head mistakes. But our Redskins gave you some reason to take heart on Monday (or Tuesday) mornings. Because they didn't quit.

Now, we're pretty much demoralized because the way this situation has been handled; with Gibbs obviously not involved like we thought. Even with the loss to Seattle, I think us long-time fans uiniversely felt that we FINALLY have a team that we can embrace. That would be together for a few years. Sure, couple guys might be added or not invited back. But we felt like we had a core group of Redskins that we could trust to battle and 'fight their guts out' every week. Now, in a short span of 2 weeks Danny has blown that away.

Now our Redskins seem more like Paradise Lost than Superbowl Champs.

Everybody loves you Blondie. Especially the one's you've spanked.

bwaaahahahhhaa....

"names in lights"

that made me laugh pretty hard...i have to admit.

I think we are all afraid that the sky is falling because of past experiences with Dan. Shotty being fired for the hot shot Spurrier. Trading Stephen Davis and picking up Trung Candidate.

I honestly just think it is odd that we have a new OC and DC and havent named a HC yet. That makes me believe that Fassel is the man thats coming in and they have already talked to him about all of this. If not, we have put the cart before the horse and its gonna be a year of coaches adjusting to each other while the players try to adjust to them.

Either way, Hail to the Redskins..

Everybody loves you Blondie. Especially the one's you've spanked.

Spanking is SUCH fun!

;);)

bwaaahahahhhaa....

"names in lights"

that made me laugh pretty hard...i have to admit.

Glad I could make you laugh today. This is a trying time for us fans....gotta laugh as often as possible.

More than most. In a pull-you-to-me-close inappropriate kind of a way too.

Seriously? Oh yeah.

I'm not sure you want me to though. We never agree these days. I'm willing to work with you there though :laugh:

Not agreeing is ok. We work through the difficult moments....and THEN it is time for the pull-you-to-me-close inappropriate kind of stuff.

;)

The danger in silence Blondie is that we are worried that our owner is still clueless after 8 years. We worry that snyder is getting bad advice (vinnie) or not listening to good avice (Gibbs). And I think the slip ups with Fassel, Mora, GW, Rex Ryan, etc certainly seem to back up that fact. The head guy has to be a rock. Like Gibbs was. We could deal with the 5-11 of 2006 because Gibbs told us that he would fix this. And I believe he did.

I think that's the major issue that a lot of fans have: they do not trust Snyder. That is understandable. I can understand, tho, why Snyder tends to keep things close to the vest. I think part of it is the fact that, no matter what he seems to say, no matter what good he does, he gets eviscerated in the press for any fault, whether true or not. That's why I think he tends not to speak out and let others do the speaking for him. It doesn't help that he doesn't seem comfortable at press conferences.

Would it have helped if we got weekly updates? (which now would add up to two.) Maybe, but there are those who don't believe anything coming out of Redskins Park. Hell, there were a lot of times people didn't trust what the coaching staff was saying.

There is also the fact that there are some things you are just not going to talk about in public. For example, any opinion of a candidate is going to be positive. We are also not always going to know where certain candidates stand. To be honest, even if the team spoke up, I doubt we would have gotten much more information than we already knew.

To be honest, I don't think Snyder has bollocked up the process. From everything I read between the lines, it seems like a relatively normal process. I don't see him alienating candidates that he wants to hire. I don't see him interviewing candidates that make no sense. Granted, the whole O-coordinator, D-coordinator thing is a little unusual, but in the end I think most of this drama, which has been media created, is going to fade and we will find ourselves with a head coach and a staff, and it very well could be a good one. You may want to criticize his lack of handling the media, but that seems to be the way he wants things, to keep such things internal. I know it doesn't comfort the fan, but I don't think if he spoke out it would comfort them either.

Jason

I think that's the major issue that a lot of fans have: they do not trust Snyder. That is understandable. I can understand, tho, why Snyder tends to keep things close to the vest. I think part of it is the fact that, no matter what he seems to say, no matter what good he does, he gets eviscerated in the press for any fault, whether true or not. That's why I think he tends not to speak out and let others do the speaking for him. It doesn't help that he doesn't seem comfortable at press conferences.

Would it have helped if we got weekly updates? (which now would add up to two.) Maybe, but there are those who don't believe anything coming out of Redskins Park. Hell, there were a lot of times people didn't trust what the coaching staff was saying.

Communication, communication, communication!!! That is so key to the health of any organization. Doesn't matter if it's a small mom and pop or a fortune 500 company. A good leader should never let the masses call the shots. But he needs to let them think that he has a plan. Snyder does himself more harm than good by hiding behind Gibbs or media leaks.

If he would even once own up to making a mistake I think his popularity with the fan base would rise by 30 points in any poll. It takes courage to say "I blew it! But I learned my lesson." By hiding he only makes it worse. He needs to take his medicine like a man. Make peace. Then set out to make things right. All it takes is for him to swallow his pride. Something I believe he is incapable of doing.

So now you're the guy in charge of deciding who's a fan and who's not?? Wow,there are soooooo many of them on this board lately.
No, I'm just in charge of deciding who is a crybaby. Don't threaten to leave the team - DO IT! BEGONE! If you are dissatisfied with some aspect of the team, feel free to discuss it here. That's what the board is for. But don't threaten me or other Skins fans with your "fanship", because I don't give a flying **** and neither do they. Doubt Snyder does either. It is meaningless, sniveling crying. You wanna talk? Then talk and state your case. You wanna bash Danny, do it with opinions and facts. You want to clog this board with whining and namecalling with no meat and threaten to give up your season tickets, the bandwagon exit is in the rear. We'll slow down a little for you.

Communication, communication, communication!!! That is so key to the health of any organization. Doesn't matter if it's a small mom and pop or a fortune 500 company. A good leader should never let the masses call the shots. But he needs to let them think that he has a plan. Snyder does himself more harm than good by hiding behind Gibbs or media leaks.

If he would even once own up to making a mistake I think his popularity with the fan base would rise by 30 points in any poll. It takes courage to say "I blew it! But I learned my lesson." By hiding he only makes it worse. He needs to take his medicine like a man. Make peace. Then set out to make things right. All it takes is for him to swallow his pride. Something I believe he is incapable of doing.

I just think that he's a guy who isn't real comfortable getting in front of the media. He feels he has more control over his message if he carefully controls the flow of information. Considering all the gymnastics Gibbs had to go through every week with the press, I'm not surprised that Snyder tries to avoid it.

I agree with you that this is far from ideal behavior, and may cause more grief than nessicary. All owners have their foibles, tho, and this is probably the biggest one for Snyder. It isn't a fatal flaw, but I hope he figures out a better way to deal with the media and the distribution of information one of these days. Maybe when he finds some success and the press calls off the dogs a bit.

Jason

Archived