Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Collector's Sale At The Hall Of Fame Store Through Jan. 25th

TK

I have GOT to get the Adam Archuleta!

:rotflmao:

Dang. My strategy's been short-circuited. First I missed the chance to buy a replica when they dropped to $10 at Modell's. Now I'm going to face unwanted competition at this sale.

You know, I think I'll just wait it out until the #8's drop in price at Sports Authority. At least Brunell had a few decent games.

Is anyone back from this thing yet? I'm curious as to the turnout, considering all of the new boycotters of all Snyder profit-related materials.

It was a colossal waste of time and I left without spending a dime. I posted details in the Classfieds. Pricing was NOTHING like prior years sales.

Thanks for the info.

Been huntin for a LaVar Authentic (He's still my favorite LB). Hopefully it's there.

I just got back. I didn't really see any authentic jerseys, but I didn't look very hard. I saw alot of replicas that said "Authentic" on the tag - not sure why. They did have a number of '05 Arrington gamers, both white and burgundy, for $424 each.
Is anyone back from this thing yet? I'm curious as to the turnout, considering all of the new boycotters of all Snyder profit-related materials.
I was delayed because of a family issue, so I didn't get there until 9:45. First thing I noticed was there were only maybe ten cars in the lot. That seemed odd.

When I walked in, I was really hoping to see gamers on racks, because last year's setup didn't work well. Yes, the gamers were out for us to see. That was good. They had '05's on one single rack, and '06's folded on a table in sealed plastic bags. There's was NOBODY looking at them. Very odd.

As I walked up, I could see why: The prices.

Last year, the prices were roughly $135, $270, $410, and $525, depending on the player. This year, prices are $424, $530, $742, and $954. lol

Needless to say, I did not purchase any of those jerseys. I also had plans on purchasing a jersey for a fellow ES buddy who was pretty much commited to buying a Samuels, Rock, or Thrash gamer, but when I called him, he was as shocked at the prices as I was. So he didn't buy either.

I asked the girl if there were any others? Last year, they had six racks of jerseys from '02-'04, and this year there were significanly fewer jerseys being sold for significantly more money.

She pointed out another rack I hadn't noticed. That rack had a total of about ten jerseys from '02-'04, and they were only $50 each, including tax. Most of the names were no-names, but I did notice the Killings jersey, and I remember seeing him on a depth chart at some point, and I could swear I remember seeing him on the field too, so I bought that one. I also got an authentication certificate, although the official policy is you don't get one of those with the $50 gamers.

I talked for a fairly long while with a man who identified himself as Vice President of Commerce for the Redskins who signed the COA. He explained the increased prices.

He said that in the past, the jerseys for sale in January were always already picked through by the owner and some of the players and a few other people who have inside access to them. Because of that, the best jerseys have, in the past, already been taken before the January gamer sale. This year, however, the Stadium Store had a much better selection. He pointed out all the tears and team repairs on the '05 rack, and he was right. The rack is filled with jerseys that have been severely beaten up. Jerseys with game damage are more valuable, and that is why the prices are higher. Regarding why there's so few jerseys, he explained that '05 was a particularly good year, and many of the players insisted on wearing their jerseys repeatedly for many games at a time. Some of them liked the custom tailoring of a particular jersey, or others considered the jersey their lucky jersey, and wanted to continue wearing it. Because of that, there simply weren't as many Redskins game jerseys in 2005, which explains why the few that there are left available are torn up.

Re 2006, all the jerseys were in sealed plastic bags -- and they were friggin' filthy: Grass stains, dirt, marker, all sorts of stuff. They had never been washed. Also, each bag had black marker writing on it explaining exactly which particular game each jersey was worn in. All this adds to the value, he said.

He explained that all the '06 jerseys had been sold to Game Exclusives a year ago, who marked up the prices by at least double. Hardly anybody bought them, so Game Exclusives went bankrupt just recently. The Redskins then bought the jerseys back from Game Exclusives -- so now they have an investment in the jerseys, and that is another reason why the jerseys are so high priced.

Okay, so why are there only ten gamers from '02-04? There were tons left over from last year.

His answer was, consumers have complained that the game jerseys should be more accessible to more people. So what the Redskins decided was to distribute the '02-'04 jerseys to all Official Redskins Stores, and they will be on sale starting tomorrow for $50 each at all sixteen stores.

One thing I forgot to ask him was why they didn't advertise this. Last night I checked redskins.com, and there was still nothing mentioning the sale. I didn't get any emails either. Strange. The mods got something last night, but why wait until the night before???

I was in there roughly 45 mins. I did see a couple people buy a couple gamers -- I'm not sure if they were the $50 jerseys or not.

My opinion is, the jerseys are over priced. I saw a Betts, it was $954. Yeah, it was torn up and had lots of team repairs, but $954? I have a Betts I bought last year for $525. That's pretty much the limit I'm willing to spend for a jersey.

They also had a Taylor gamer package deal. You get the jersey and a signed football and something else -- for $2600. Something like that.

Either the jerseys are overpriced, or I need to find a new hobby.

Below is a pic of the $50 '04 Killings jersey I bought today:

killingsjersey001ir4.jpg

Below is the tag still attached from last year's sale.

killingsjerseyandtag001lc3.jpg

Even though they are as high as $954.00, i saw moss, cooley and portis gamers go for over $1500.00 -$2000.00 on ebay two weeks ago and they were 2005's. I picked up a retail campbell burgundy authentic with the 75th patch for $159.00, that is a good deal. Besides that is nothing compared to this.

http://store.philadelphiaeagles.com/store/item.aspx?ItemId=4415&DepartmentId=59

Archived