Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

If There is a "Fassel Press Conference", Can He Sway You?? M.E.T.

CRobi21

I'm not angry with Fassel. He'd be stupid to turn down the job offer.

I'm disappointed with Snyder and thought he learned something. He and his racquetball buddy have their personal party back again and can be happy.

Agreed...I don't hate Fassel...I just don't believe that he is the right man to lead this team.

Also agree that Snyder & Vinny were marking down the days on their calender to when Coach Gibbs contract was so the could "have fun" again.

I agree that there is nothing to be mad at Jim Fassel. Personally, I don't know anything about him, but he seems like decent person. He would be stupid to turn this job down. If nothing else it gets people talking about him again and if he doesn't end up staying here, that would be enough to get him a job elsewhere.

Fassel has won the lottery...seriously that what he has got to be thinking....he was an afterthought in the nfl and now he is a headncoach again!!!! I was thinking why not Cam Cameron while were at it.....As everyone one else has said the only way he wins me over

is by getting us into the playoffs...the man WAS a good coach, but a horrible choice for the skins.....If he does say he "is throwing all his chips onto the table" I will love it...Also will be nice to see Fassel's face when he gets angry (he gets all red)..One thing I do like about him though is that he is a fiery presence on the sideline

The only way he can sway me is with a playoff appearance that 1)goes past the wild card round and 2)includes at least one win. That might be a very high standard for a fresh coach, but Fassel gets a lot less leeway from me because he's simply not a proven coach in my eyes. Therefore, the bar is set pretty high. If it was me, he'd be out of here in a second for falling short of that goal.

I just wanted to share with you a poem about SeanTaylor that i have written for school.

Sean Taylor was a beast,

His teamates called him Meast,

he was the best at very least,

whimpy runners were his feast,

after his daughter, his maturity never ceased,

He was sean taylor and he was a beast,

But now this great man is deceased.

That was Sean Taylor and his bequest.

NOTE: i realize the last line doesnt rhyme so it pretty much ruins the poem, when i wrote it i pronounced the word wrong, i know im dumb and i apologize:dallasuck

Fassel would be a horrible contradiction to everything snyder and gibbs have be preaching, consistency, keeping the team together and making the superbowl next year with Greg williams as coach, saunders as coordinator and collins at Quarterback. Jerry grey defensive coordinator. That would be keeping the team together, not FAssel, ryan etc. that is a whole new coaching staff, that would be horrible and I think I would give up my season tickets. that would be saying, time to rebuild, going to be a few years, I dont want that, best chance to win superbowl next year is with the same coaches and same players.

Along with most people on this board I was against Fassel initially but the more I think about it he's not an awful candidate.

http://www.examiner.com/a-1176890~_He_can_be_a_plus_for_Jason_.html?cid=rss-Washington_DC

This article really convinced me when former players speak so fondly of him it gives me encouragment.

“We were prepared, man,” Esiason said. “I appreciated the amount of things he asked me to do as a quarterback. He knew I could handle it. He understands the needs of a quarterback to be successful.”

“It was all technique, it was fundamentals,” the former Terps star said. “The first half hour of practice was all about footwork. He was a taskmaster and when we’d watch film he was sensitive to issues going on around you in the game that may have made you have a bad play. But he was a taskmaster when it came to footwork and reading defenses.”

Archived