Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Dan doesn't want Gregg Williams! (Title edited)

voicekiller

Jeez....

If Snyder hired GW (or someone else) quickly, people would be ****ing that he didn't do the research and explore all the options. But since he apparently is doing that, it automatically means he doesn't like Williams? Uh, ok. :doh:

The truth is NO ONE other than Dan and Vinny know what they are thinking, and we will all find out when they decide. I'm dying to know like everyone else, but I'm also VERY glad that they are taking their time with it. And, personally, I think Gibbs is actually more involved in this process than they will admit, which is a good thing....not at the interviews, but helping Dan and Vinny evaluate the info they acquire from them. At least I hope so.

People speculate too much with out thinking things through. GW will be the next HC of the Redskins. There is no doubt in my mind about that.

The reasoning behind the the 4 interviews is this. GW is already the head candidate for the job. He has the full support of almost the entire team, including Gibbs (who also happens to be staying on to help Dan with descisions... hence the advisor title).

Greg and Dan are meeting to discuss contracts and the personell he (Greg) wants for the DC position. Why do people keep overlooking that.

Every single coach that was interviewed and had a legit shot, was a defensive coach. Do you not think it safe to conclude that they are interviewing for GW's replacment at DC?

Dan does not have to come out and pat you on the back and tell you its ok and not to worry about anything. What are you looking for? A hug maybe?

Jeez....

If Snyder hired GW (or someone else) quickly' date=' people would be ****ing that he didn't do the research and explore all the options. But since he apparently is doing that, it automatically means he doesn't like Williams? Uh, ok. :doh:

[/quote']I never said that automatically means that...i am just saying the more time goes by the less likely it looks like GW will get the job

There are certain guidelines that must be followed when hiring a new coach. One is to interview at least one minority candidate. The intent obviously is to give serious consideration to that candidate. If Snyder had simply called in one minority candidate and given him a cursory interview and then hired Williams, it would be obvious he was not really seriously considering that candidate. By comprehensively interviewing several candidates including a minority, no one could imply that he hasn't complied with the Rooney rule. Just my take.

Agreed.

Maybe Dan had to meet with his new coach 4 times to go over some plans, and to remind him that he is the guy no matter what he hears from the media.

I honestly believe that why is is ultimatley being drawn out is because they are trying to figure out who is going to run the Defense and Offense. Its clean that if Greg were to get the job that the offensive philosphy will change. I also, think that Dan and Greg have had multiple meetings for the fact they they are trying to pull a staff together. I don't buy that Mora was a true HC candidate I think he was really trying to be hired as D Cord. IMO, I feel that is whats really snagging this coaching search at the moment.

Glazer reports of a "dark horse candidate" , but I honestly have to believe that is someone who Dan Snyder is going to try to lure here to either run the offense or defense. This is certainly just my opinion, but I think ultimatley this whole coaching search wait is being very theryl in who they hire as Cordinators.

Pete i am not saying it is fact because like anybody else no one know anything except Dan and Vinny...all i am saying is all the signs they are putting out there point to GW is the last resort choice, and Dan is looking for someone else.

My point is that while you view the info one way, others view it another way, and with so little fact to deal with, it's speculation on everybodies part.

I don't take the stuff from the media as fact till it's confirmed by the team. So, I take it for the face value......... we have interviewed Williams multipal times for the HC job. We have interviewed others. Because there wasn't an agreement With a coach on staff prior to Gibbs resigning, we had to comply with the Roney rule. Those are all the facts we have.

We also have to take into account the terminology used with this team. The Skins didn't have a head coach, we had a head coach, and associate head coaches. Could Mora have been interviewed for an associate HC job, and the media just makes the assumption it's for the actual HC job ? Could others have been.

Do we actually know that we're going to interview anybody else ? Glazer says we are, but he also said Mora was offered the job........... JLC says nobody has been offered anything.

I know I spitting out stuff that could be a bit way out, but we have seen more time then not, things dont seem to be what they appear to be with this teams decissions.

Nobody knows jack, and each individuals perspective has the few facts going in ten directions of speculation and assumption........

My point is that while you view the info one way, others view it another way, and with so little fact to deal with, it's speculation on everybodies part.

I don't take the stuff from the media as fact till it's confirmed by the team. So, I take it for the face value......... we have interviewed Williams multipal times for the HC job. We have interviewed others. Because there wasn't an agreement With a coach on staff prior to Gibbs resigning, we had to comply with the Roney rule. Those are all the facts we have.

We also have to take into account the terminology used with this team. The Skins didn't have a head coach, we had a head coach, and associate head coaches. Could Mora have been interviewed for an associate HC job, and the media just makes the assumption it's for the actual HC job ? Could others have been.

Do we actually know that we're going to interview anybody else ? Glazer says we are, but he also said Mora was offered the job........... JLC says nobody has been offered anything.

I know I spitting out stuff that could be a bit way out, but we have seen more time then not, things dont seem to be what they appear to be with this teams decissions.

Nobody knows jack, and each individuals perspective has the few facts going in ten directions of speculation and assumption........

True...very true...all we know is that we don't know.

But it is fun to debate our opinions, guesses, speculations and what not...

True...very true...all we know is that we don't know.

But it is fun to debate our opinions, guesses, speculations and what not...

My God the sky is falling!

GW may not be our next head coach!!!!!!

Do you realize what this means!!!!!

Run for your lives people!!!!!!!!!!

:laugh:

honestly, i have no idea what's gonna happen. But i will be shocked if it is not GW.

What I'm wondering, is if there is some kind of internal struggle going on/being worked out. Since it was Gibbs/Snyder/Vinny calling the shots as far as personnel goes ... I wonder if GW expects to take Gibbs place in regards to the player personnel as well? i wonder if he asking for that, and i wonder how much weight his voice/opinion will truly carry in regards to free agency, the draft, and both offensive and defensive philosophies.

Maybe they were waiting for after the championship games so that this is more of an "event" ... and not just a blip on the screen competing with the NFC/AFC champ stories?

honestly, i have no idea what's gonna happen. But i will be shocked if it is not GW.

What I'm wondering, is if there is some kind of internal struggle going on/being worked out. Since it was Gibbs/Snyder/Vinny calling the shots as far as personnel goes ... I wonder if GW expects to take Gibbs place in regards to the player personnel as well? i wonder if he asking for that, and i wonder how much weight his voice/opinion will truly carry in regards to free agency, the draft, and both offensive and defensive philosophies.

Maybe they were waiting for after the championship games so that this is more of an "event" ... and not just a blip on the screen competing with the NFC/AFC champ stories?

That is why i think that if we don't hear anything this week Dan is waiting until after the Super Bowl to look at NE or NY's assistants for the HC job

Are people being sponsored to start new threads today or what? Is it a buck a thread and I'm the one missing out. No offence to the thread starter now chaps but this thread is not anything new. It is pure conjecture at best and purely opinion based. I mean it could have been put into any one of the 3 million other threads on this subject.

It just seems like everybody on this board makes a thread when they have a "radical" and "new" idea on the whole thing and most of the time its just hot air. I rarely ever start threads and rarely post but some times when I see this kind of stuff it just makes my daily trip to ES that much more boring. Seeing 20 threads on the same subject just gets a bit dull. Its not as though posting a post rather than a thread is going to detract in any way from the content of said post, but many people feel like if they dont start a thread others wont read their opinions.

I apologise for this little rant but I would much rather see some good discussion than more of these sorts of posts. The bottom line is we don't know diddly squat and all the second guessing in the world is not going to change that.

Are people being sponsored to start new threads today or what? Is it a buck a thread and I'm the one missing out. No offence to the thread starter now chaps but this thread is not anything new. It is pure conjecture at best and purely opinion based. I mean it could have been put into any one of the 3 million other threads on this subject.

It just seems like everybody on this board makes a thread when they have a "radical" and "new" idea on the whole thing and most of the time its just hot air. I rarely ever start threads and rarely post but some times when I see this kind of stuff it just makes my daily trip to ES that much more boring. Seeing 20 threads on the same subject just gets a bit dull. Its not as though posting a post rather than a thread is going to detract in any way from the content of said post, but many people feel like if they dont start a thread others wont read their opinions.

I apologise for this little rant but I would much rather see some good discussion than more of these sorts of posts. The bottom line is we don't know diddly squat and all the second guessing in the world is not going to change that.

Well said, and thank you.

Your response just gave me an idea for a new thread.....brb.

j/k:laugh:

I rarely start threads as well...i just wanted to start a thread that debates the other end of the spectrum...everyone is saying why GW should, will be HC, and it was looking like GW may not

The Rooney Rule. That is why they can't go out and say this is who we want. I am not saying they couldn't be doing this a little faster, but I do believe that Gregg Williams is going to be the next Head Coach. I don't think that it will be a good long term fit, but hey if I am wrong, I will gladly be and say that I was wrong and say so. He is a good coordinator, but he really doesn't wow me a head coach. I know that Buffalo was a while ago and he has probably learned somethings from coach gibbs, but I would say that I watched and read how the defense was being run last year and it seemed like a total nightmare. Not to mention the fact that the defense was near the bottom year before last. It was all because a few coaches on defense had egos and Coach Williams refused to step in. I know that was then, but when I see that the defensive backs play 10 yards off and give up easy yards that lead to sustained drives, I wonder and have questions about his coaching.

Interview #1: So why do you think you'd make a good HC?

Interview #2: Someone told me that you already were a head coach and you sucked. What gives?

Interview #3: Okay, I'll make you the head coach, but the average salary for a HC is $1.75M. Would you mind taking a pay cut? BL has a $1.8 roster bonus due next month and I'm a little short.

Interview #4: If I could get John Madden to be HC, would you stay on as DC?

They were 4 short interviews, and if he wanted GW why interview him at all or why not just once...its a bad sign that they interviewed him so many times

No, it's a bad sign if they don't interview him at all...you don't meet with someone four stinkin' times if you already know you have no desire to hire them. It's a waste of everybody's time.

Dan Snyder just doesn't want Gregg Williams as the next head coach of the Washington Redskins...it is so obvious.

There was never a word about Gregg when Joe retired, not a word or vote of confidence, if they wanted him all they had to say was something, anything.

They could have announced it Friday after they interviewed Meeks. or they could have just interviewed someone on the staff if they just wanted Gregg.

They aren't saying a thing to the media about anything, and most people at Redskins Park know squat.

The writing is on the wall...Gregg Williams will not be the next Head Coach of the Washington Redskins!

Obviously this is opinion based on the signs Dan is throwing out there...but it just doesn't look good for GW

(Edited based on the fact that one part of the thread was a little too much...lol)

I believe this has been mentioned before, but ...

Is it possible that Dan has been delaying the hire so that he may legitimately coax Bill Cowher into an interview -- the delay being because he knows Cowher will be done with his network TV obligations after yesterday?

I believe this has been mentioned before, but ...

Is it possible that Dan has been delaying the hire so that he may legitimately coax Bill Cowher into an interview -- the delay being because he knows Cowher will be done with his network TV obligations after yesterday?

I was thinking the same thing...

Archived