Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Ballston Redskins store is closing. . .

mcarey032

Hey all,

I was at the Ballston Common Mall today and I usually go into the Redskins store to check out what they have. I talked to the manager who, I know pretty well. He told me right off the bat that today was their last day.Before some of you go off to get stuff, there wasn't any sale stuff. Everything they have is going to their warehouse and then to other stores. I was sort of shocked. I asked were they going to be moving to another level of the mall and they said no. I asked if they were going to move to Pentagon City and he also told me that they weren't. They didn't have much on selection, but I did enjoy going in there and picking up an item every now and then. It sucks, because I did enjoy going in there and seeing all the cool stuff that they did have.

The manager of the ballston store told me that the reason that they aren't doing that is because the redskins were in some deal with the owners of pentagon city and they also own another mall. Basically, if the redskins wanted a store in Pentagon, they would have to put another store in the other mall. From what the manager told me is that the redskins didn't want to do that because that mall wasn't as profitable.

every time i go to a mall that has a redskins store, its always empty at peak times.

Could not agree any more, during their playoff trip all the stores were almost completely empty, now as a consumer im not as inclined to go shopping at the redskins store in june as i would be right now but that seems to be when they are at a decent stock of inventory, between March and August. I was just trying to find a beanie for my Seattle trip and the best thing i could find was a plastic tag bracket, truly upsetting:gaintsuck

There is a serious disconnect between the Redskins stores and the online operation. I liked going to the stores because you could save money on shipping, not to mention that there were somethings that they had in store that they didn't have online and viceversa. I liked going to that store because as long as I knew what I wanted to get, I could run in and get it and the get out. Now if I want to get something from the redskins store, I will have to go out to Tyson's and I don't see that happening.

Ballston Commons is the crappiest mall in the area. I don't blame them for leaving. However, I don't understand why they're not looking to open one up in Pentagon City Mall.

Ballston does suck, but try going to Springfield Mall.. The Redskins store seems larger than the others but the mall itself is just garbage.

High leases and little/slow sales will force any store to close. Especially

in Ballston Commons. I grew up in arlington and went to W&L HS which is like 4 blocks away, that mall was our hangout when we skipped school :laugh:

I have seen alot of stores come and go there. Someone said the only thing going for the mall was the theatre, i went to go see a movie there once, ONCE! It kept locking up and they had video problems and we never got to see the movie, i havent been back since.

Yes they had a skins store and now they don't. It was on the ground floor. Right near the CVS. I went to W-L as well and yes that was a major place to go and skip school. They used to have an arcade that a lot of people frequented. They went to the arcade in the food court. I personally rather would go the Roy Rogers that was right across the street. Man do I miss Roy's. Now if I want to get Roy Rogers, I have to go to Springfield for the closest one.

Ballston Commons is the crappiest mall in the area. I don't blame them for leaving. However, I don't understand why they're not looking to open one up in Pentagon City Mall.

The only thing ballston common mall is good for is the food court, movie theater (not so much anymore), sport and health, and Bailey's. Other than that, it's a high school hangout spot. Does tyson's corner have a Redskins Store? Now that is a nice mall. And yes, I used to skip classes at W-L as well...the security guards would kick us out, but somehow we always found a way back in. Good ol high school days.

Does tyson's corner have a Redskins Store?QUOTE]

Yes they have one. I believe that it is right outside the Macy's. It is on the ground floor. That Redskins store is probably the flagship store, with the exception of the Stadium store, which has everything..

That Redskins store is probably the flagship store, with the exception of the Stadium store, which has everything..

Well none of the Redskins stores have stocked the classic Joe Gibbs' "R" hat in burgundy this year, including FedEx. All they have is that crappy black one Joe wore in 2004.

I've been checking all of the Redskins stores and .com since Sept. and they all say that Reebok has limited the production of that particular cap.

My R cap is old and smelly, but I refuse to buy a black hat b/c black is not a color of the Burgundy-n-Gold.

BTW... Ballston Mall does suck. The theatres are dated and there are no other cool stores. The skating rink is pretty cool though.

:2cents:

Well none of the Redskins stores have stocked the classic Joe Gibbs' "R" hat in burgundy this year, including FedEx. All they have is that crappy black one Joe wore in 2004.

I've been checking all of the Redskins stores and .com since Sept. and they all say that Reebok has limited the production of that particular cap.

My R cap is old and smelly, but I refuse to buy a black hat b/c black is not a color of the Burgundy-n-Gold.

BTW... Ballston Mall does suck. The theatres are dated and there are no other cool stores. The skating rink is pretty cool though.

:2cents:

I don't know about the theatres being dated. They have stadium theatre seating, which if you have been to court house theatres, still has the standard seating, but yes you are right the store for the most part do suck. I only go there when I know exactly what I want to buy. I don't go there to browse whatsoever. You can buy a burgundy R script hat online if they don't have the one that you are looking for.

http://www.espnshop.com/catalog/productdetail.cfm?model_nbr=80466&sku=43522311&SID=9436&inceptor=1&cm_mmc=SEO-_-Feeds-_-Froogle-_-null

You know what is interesting is that I saw those hats all season long and now they are now where. Perhaps it is because it is the end of the season and they are hard to find. I am surprised that the stadium store didn't have these. I found this one on ESPNshop.com. Hope that his helps.

And yes, I used to skip classes at W-L as well...the security guards would kick us out, but somehow we always found a way back in. Good ol high school days.

What, you didnt go hang out under the parking garage above 66 and watch cars drive by? :laugh:

http://www.espnshop.com/catalog/productdetail.cfm?model_nbr=80466&sku=43522311&SID=9436&inceptor=1&cm_mmc=SEO-_-Feeds-_-Froogle-_-null

You know what is interesting is that I saw those hats all season long and now they are now where. Perhaps it is because it is the end of the season and they are hard to find. I am surprised that the stadium store didn't have these. I found this one on ESPNshop.com. Hope that his helps.

Thanks Mcarey. Cha-ching!

:cheers:

Glad that ESPN has it.

The Redskins stores in Ballston, Tysons, Dulles Mall, as well as Redskins.com and NFL Shop have not had it in the five months I've been looking.

I usually replace my Gibbs cap once a year.

Thanks Mcarey. Cha-ching!

:cheers:

Glad that ESPN has it.

The Redskins stores in Ballston, Tysons, Dulles Mall, as well as Redskins.com and NFL Shop have not had it in the five months I've been looking.

I usually replace my Gibbs cap once a year.

Glad to have helped. I also saw that they had some on EBAY as well. They were the 75th anniversary hats. Script R on the front and the 75th emblem on the back. If you enter in the search function, Redskins 75th anniversary, you can see that they have some on there. I believe that the seller is frsvegas(front row sports). They also have a website. I was able to get a Sean Taylor onesie for my new born son. It was actually pretty cheap. I thought they would go for more. Anyway, that was just some place that you could look if you interested.

Archived