Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

What do you think about getting a WR in FA/trade rather than draft?

The Fourth King

while the argument that a rookie would only be as good as cj or williams coming in here and playing badly makes sense from a production standpoint, from a financial standpoint a rookie is going to cost a HELL of a lot less for the same production. if we get a rookie that can come in and play even better then that is just icing on the cake.

we had a good offseason last year. lets not forget that and go crazy this year. id like to see us make a push for asomugha from oakland to to take springs spot and then DRAFT the rest of our players. this is the real way that we will get our cap under control (as if it was ever out of control!!!!!!!!!!!!! :laugh: )

No, I'd rather draft a WR as bring in a FA right now. Our track with WR FA isn't so great :/

Only FA receivers we've brought in were David Patten and Randle El. Patten didn't perform because he was always freaking injured. Randle El has paid huge dividends for us. We traded for Santana and Lloyd, so you could say that our only major failure was Lloyd.

Something I didn't know before that you guys might find interesting is the fact Bryant Johnson is a local boy.

Johnson attended Baltimore City College high school, excelling at football, basketball, and track. He was selected first-team all-state and the 1998 Baltimore Touchdown Club’s offensive player-of-the-year from the Knight's football team, Johnson also anchored a winning relay team at the Penn Relays[4] for the Knight's track team.

I saw a blurb, Sporting News I believe, where the Lions are open to shopping WR Roy Williams and want a defensive starter or two in exchange for him. It got me to thinking, could we package Shawn Springs and someone else, or, offer Springs straight up for Williams. I don't know if Detroit would do it straight up or if we'd have to toss in a pick but I think Williams would be exactly what we're looking for; a tall receiver for the red zone.

If we had a big dominating receiver like CJ, think of all the things we could do with Randle El and Moss. This team would be dominating. Look what TO did for the Cowboys. He is there whole offense.

Exactly anyone who says we dont need a dominating receiver does not watch the Skins play. We have very good receivers and Moss shows flashes of greatness. But we need one more, so we can put Moss at the #2 spot and have Randal El in the slot. Plus, we still have Cooley. Mann, our offense will be rediculous if/when we make that move to acquire anoter serious threat at the WR position.

Plus, I'm tired of Cooley having to catch 7-9 catches every game in other for us to competitive. I dont want to be like KC where Tony Gonzales in always the first option. Look how in that Seattle game where Cooley dropped that pass on the goal line. That pass shoudve been going to a WR. Not knocking Cooley, because I'm a HUGE Cooley fan, but the truth is the truth. Its great to have a great TE, but I want our WRs to be the first option in most passing situations, and we will be that much more effective if we can bring in another threat alongside Moss.

Archived