Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Wait a minute... is this about MONEY after all???!

md20j

Check this out, from the Washington Post:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2008/01/08/AR2008010804042_2.html?sid=ST2008010804632

And this specific quote, at the end:

"Demand should continue to be strong next year," said Jeff Greenberg, founder and owner of ASC Ticket, a major online seller of tickets in the Washington region. "If Snyder makes a splash with a big-name coach like Bill Cowher or someone like a Jimmy Johnson type of guy, demand could be even better next year."

Do you think that the coaches Dan Snyder has brought in are about a return on his investment? Surely not... I mean... he's got to care about winning, right? But all of a sudden I get these chill bumps on my neck from thinking that "well... maybe he just doesn't care about that... maybe it's just about generating a greater profit!"

JB

Check this out, from the Washington Post:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2008/01/08/AR2008010804042_2.html?sid=ST2008010804632

And this specific quote, at the end:

"Demand should continue to be strong next year," said Jeff Greenberg, founder and owner of ASC Ticket, a major online seller of tickets in the Washington region. "If Snyder makes a splash with a big-name coach like Bill Cowher or someone like a Jimmy Johnson type of guy, demand could be even better next year."

Do you think that the coaches Dan Snyder has brought in are about a return on his investment? Surely not... I mean... he's got to care about winning, right? But all of a sudden I get these chill bumps on my neck from thinking that "well... maybe he just doesn't care about that... maybe it's just about generating a greater profit!"

JB

SNYDER WANTS TO FREAKIN' WIN!!!

Lay off the drugs people.

ANY Business is about generating profit. That's a concept that should be well understood by anyone who has ever held a serious job.

Of course we'd all like to think that the owner of a professional sports franchise would all want to win a Championship, but only one team in each league can do that in any given year. That means the other franchises need to find other ways to put fannies in the seats. Whether that's by bringing in big-name players, providing some sort of experience for the fans, or hiring a big time coach, the franchise continues to make a profit even in the down years.

Always remember, Dan Snyder is a BUSINESSMAN. He's never been a "football guy". Keep that in mind.

Dan Snyder is not 100% about the bucks. If he was he wouldn't be flying Todd Collins out to be with his wife as she delivered her baby. He would not be chartering multiple planes for Sean Taylor's funeral. Hell, he wouldn't be donating 100% of the proceeds of Taylor's Jersey sales to a fund for his kid. To be crass, Taylor's death is a marketers dream. The collectablility of everything increases following an artist or athlete's death. Therefore, by doing this, Snyder is forgoing a nice profit surge.

Having said that, Snyder is interested in making money and lots of it out of this team. He should. It's a for profit business. But he is not Scrooge McDuck rolling around in a vault full of coins while plotting to screw every player, coach, and fan.

He also knows as do we all, that the more his team wins, the more money he will make. So, he prefers to win. After all, how many coaches' jersies do any of you own. How many coach playing cards?

Archived