Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Rumor - Billick to Eagles as offensive consultant?

KiwiSupaFlyNuka

So, the role of offensive cuonsultant is between Billick and, someone we've never heard of? Or, no one at all, since it may be a created position?

So it's one opinion from a guy who has won a SB and coached the highest scoring offense in NFL history, over... nothing, or the opinion of a low-level assistant. I see.

None of the position coaches leave, the offense stays the same.

Somehow this is meant to be bad?

People love piling on when things are bad. Just because he had notoriously bad offenses in Baltimore doesn't mean the qualifications he built as a life long football coach suddenly dissapeared. Maybe he's just a bad HC...

I hope he gets the job. Billick hired Jim Fassel as his offensive consultant when he couldn't get a job, and we all know how that turned out. We can hope for the same results here.

How did that turn out?

An offense that was bad before Fossil got there stayed bad during and after his arrival. Sounds hard to blame hiring Fossil for anything.

How did that turn out?

An offense that was bad before Fossil got there stayed bad during and after his arrival. Sounds hard to blame hiring Fossil for anything.

I'm not placing blame on Fassel. I'm saying that Billick was a problem in Baltimore with that offense. Now he may actually work out in Philly, he won't have to stick up for Boller all the time or worry about confusing the media with his spin. And the other point is that just like it wasn't Fassel's offense, it won't be Billick's offense, which could be good or bad for Philly. Just like Fassel didn't have much of a say until he became the OC, Billick likely won't have much of a say in this position either. The main reason I could see Billick taking this position is that with his family problems and his team underachieving, Reid may be on his final leg in Philly, and it would be a golden opportunity for Billick to get his foot in the door for a 2nd shot as a HC.

How did that turn out?

Actually their offense did step it up a notch after the Fassel firing, but then they bombed in the playoffs against Indy.

I hope they get him, too.

A bum head coach is still a pretty damn good "consultant."

Right now, ahead of time, mark me as an Eagle fan in favor of this move. That way we won't hear anything about me "spinning" if it actually happens.

I agree, provided it wouldn't be too many cooks in the kitchen, I'm for it.

Norv Turner

Greg Williams

Ray Rhodes

and many others are examples of very good to excellent coordinators that weren't overwhelmingly exceptional in the head coach slot.

Billick's ego alone makes a room crowded.

I cannot see how he would help this team become cohesive at all. The coaching situation over there is already a clusterfark, with every offensive coordinator in recent past supposedly a figurehead because Reid calls the plays. Where does Billick fit in? I see this hurting rather than helping.

Billick's ego alone makes a room crowded.

I cannot see how he would help this team become cohesive at all. The coaching situation over there is already a clusterfark, with every offensive coordinator in recent past supposedly a figurehead because Reid calls the plays. Where does Billick fit in? I see this hurting rather than helping.

EVERY H.C. has an ego. Goes with the territory. Some come across more haughty than others (Billick being one), but they all have egos.

As to Billick, the Eagles O needs some changes, maybe he could help influence that. However, I'd be worried it would be the equivalent of Saddam hiring another son-in-law to be "Minister-of-_____" only for the purpose of having another nodding head in the conference room.

PF

Maybe Billick would telll Andy Reid about the theory of running the ball and never straying away from the best player on the offense. I think Billick would help, and at worst he would do nothing. If he steps out of his boundaries Reid or whoever would just fire him or just put him in his place. His position is absolutely 0, its basically just a way for him to offer suggestions and the eagles to pick his brain and see if there is anything left. Its not like they are hiring him to be the quarterback coach or anything.

Archived