Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Well, How Good Will We Be Next Year?

JDSkins47

What do you guys think about this team next year? Another playoff push? Or back to last year after we made the playoffs 2 years ago? Do they continue to play with ST on there minds?

I want to say we are going to make another return run to the playoffs and BMitch was just talking about how the future looks bright for this team but I'm concerned about a few things.

1. Our QB situation - Will Jason step up and play really good, smart football and become one of the more premiere QB's in this league?

2. O line - Need depth and people like Jansen and Thomas to be healthy.

3. Wideout - We need a #1 or #2 receiver. I don't know what you would consider Moss. I guess he's a #1, but we need another threat from that position either by the draft or free agency.

4. 1 pass rusher - We need more pressure on the QB with our front 4!!! Add another Dend who can rush the pasher and we will be set there.

5. Safety - Is Dowdy the answer for long term?

Those are my 5 biggest needs. It's tough to say right now how good we will be next year because you never know with those other 3 teams in our conference and with the way Philly ended the season you have to figure they will be dangerous again. Hopefully we can return next year and go even further!

What do you guys think about this team next year? Another playoff push? Or back to last year after we made the playoffs 2 years ago? Do they continue to play with ST on there minds?

I want to say we are going to make another return run to the playoffs and BMitch was just talking about how the future looks bright for this team but I'm concerned about a few things.

1. Our QB situation - Will Jason step up and play really good, smart football and become one of the more premiere QB's in this league?

2. O line - Need depth and people like Jansen and Thomas to be healthy.

3. Wideout - We need a #1 or #2 receiver. I don't know what you would consider Moss. I guess he's a #1, but we need another threat from that position either by the draft or free agency.

4. 1 pass rusher - We need more pressure on the QB with our front 4!!! Add another Dend who can rush the pasher and we will be set there.

5. Safety - Is Dowdy the answer for long term?

Those are my 5 biggest needs. It's tough to say right now how good we will be next year because you never know with those other 3 teams in our conference and with the way Philly ended the season you have to figure they will be dangerous again. Hopefully we can return next year and go even further!

This team will continue to fight, our team's character speaks volumes for what this team is capable of. As Smoot said on post game, the sky is the limit.

Sean Taylor will always be on their minds and he will be forever remembered, he was the best ever in my eyes so how could anyone forget him. He will set an example/bar even for guys 30 years from now that didn't even know him.

1. Jason will def. step it up considering he will have another off-season to work with the team and Todd will be taken seriously if he has advice to offer to JC. Not to say he wasn't taken seriously but I'm sure JC will take any advice that Todd has to give and place it on a high pedestal.

2. Our line proved a lot the last 4 weeks, with Bugel at the helm, we can keep up this high level of play no matter who is up there but we could use some fresh guys in there.

3. I would agree, its amazing to see where we thought we were at receiver and to see where we are now, but we'll make it through.

4. All I can say is I hope they talk closely with our friends at the U on this one. :)

5. Doughty is really coming into his own but this is something that should be addressed in the offseason. However, Doughty should stick around! His character is irreplaceable!

I agree with Philly being a threat but I think we will witness a special year in the '08-'09 season!

HTTR!:helmet:

I don't like picking records, mostly because I'm usually wrong, but I believe if we fix the obvious needs we can easily be division champs next year. The offensive line should be in better shape with Jansen and Thomas back, and hopefully an improved defensive line can bring us some more wins. The offensive line is the most important group in all of football and if we can get that back we should have the supporting cast do do a fine job.

Can't really make predictions until the draft and especially free agency is done. Hopefully the FO will smarten up and keep most of the guys we have and only make small changes. There's only a few things that need to be tweaked and we're talking NFCE title next year

If we can play like we did the last month we will be very good! I think the problem for the 'Skins this year was not finishing off teams. There were 3-4 games we should have won. If that happened we would not be playing in Seattle. I think in this game our O-line was exposed and that caused many problems for Todd Collins and Portis. Our running game was non-existent. So to me, the O-line needs fixing. I also think adding another good pass rusher to help out Andre Carter would help alot. Of course I hope JC gets alot better at QB so Saunders can trust him with the plays like he did with Collins. I thought we had a great year despite all that has happened. This team has a lot of heart and i am proud of them! Go Skins!!

I really feel like this team has the potential to be like the Rams SuperBowl team. We have a better defense though. Our coaches just need to address our lines and we need a possession guy to take the weight from Tana and let him work in space. Look at Welker in NE. In my opinion, Moss is the same player with slightly more speed. You can't put the game on that guy's shoulders, but he can win ya 6-8 key games by himself every year.

Home: Dallas, N.Y. Giants, Philadelphia, Arizona, St. Louis, Cleveland, Pittsburgh, New Orleans

Away: Dallas, N.Y. Giants, Philadelphia, San Francisco, Seattle, Baltimore, Cincinnati, Detroit

I know it's early, but I hope we irrevocably destroy Seattle next year. I hate them almost as much as the Pukes now.

Archived