Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Warner Bros goes with Blu Ray

Hooper

at $30 a movie, I'm not willing to test those theories

They're facts, so you don't have to test them.

And if every other thing in the history of all time is any indicator, you might just find some cheaper Blu-ray out there.

They're facts, so you don't have to test them.

And if every other thing in the history of all time is any indicator, you might just find some cheaper Blu-ray out there.

Absolutely. Amazon bogos are a great way to build your collection and they seem to be running every month (at least lately):

http://www.amazon.com/gp/feature.html/ref=amb_link_6115472_4?ie=UTF8&docId=1000184311&pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_s=right-2&pf_rd_r=1NBJFGEV02FEV26VQ5ZR&pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_p=345193701&pf_rd_i=193640011&tag=blurayforum-20

Using these my blu rays are running me $10-$15 a pop.

HD-DVD: at this point they are on life support and have already cancelled their appearance at the CES next week in the wake of the Warner news. Should be a big increase in their players/movies on ebay here shortly.

To iheart or anyone else considering jumping in I'd recommend a PS3 for the best bang for your buck (Blu ray player + next gen video game system+ DVD upconversion thru HDMI). Loading times are also faster across the board than stand-alones as well.

To iheart or anyone else considering jumping in I'd recommend a PS3 for the best bang for your buck (Blu ray player + next gen video game system+ DVD upconversion thru HDMI). Loading times are also faster across the board than stand-alones as well.

I'll second this. PS3 is really an awesome piece of machinery. And with Blu-ray updates included in PS3's free downloadable firmware updates, it's basically effortless to keep up with all the nifty bells and whistles that standalone Blu-ray players will have in the future.

Best of all worlds, really.

Interesting info guys on Blu-Ray. Thanks.

The biggest difference is in storage capacity. You won't see an on screen difference. With the added capacity, you will see much more rich interactive programming. Blu-Ray will win the war. And they can be had now for under 300 and they have DVD upconvertors built in.

Archived