Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Crowd Noise...Really? (Merged)

Jethrodsp

EatCrow.gif

That's me, eatin crow...although the score made the game seem a little more losided than it was.

Defense played well, offense had trouble. We lost by 21, a cruel way to end the season so suddenly.

I love the Skins though and am proud of how they fought into the playoffs this season and overcame so much.

If I remember, the skins weren't fined for artificial noise, they were fined because of what the PA announcer did.

Here is an article describing what happened:

"Before the game, the public-address announcer yelled a derogatory phrase about the Ravens fans that ended in a mild obscenity."

Link

Looks like Snyder was into all kinds of shadiness during the 2000 season. (By the way, what could be lower than charging the visiting team bus for parking? Charging fans for training camp, I suppose)

Here is another link to the 2000 fine against Tampa Bay

http://findarticles.com/p/articles/mi_qn4191/is_20001022/ai_n9980306

Numbers game

Gazette, The (Colorado Springs), Oct 22, 2000

$160 Amount the Washington Redskins charged four Baltimore Ravens team buses to park before last week's game, an amount the Redskins have offered to refund

$20,000 Fine levied against the Washington Redskins for breaking league crowd-noise controls by using their public-address system for cheerleading in the Tampa Bay game on Oct. 1

That home field advantage they have is borderline unfair. Maybe Snyder should start construction on a carbon copy of Qwest Field right now.

A lot of you have blamed our offensive line for yesterday's loss but I think the crowd played a huge part here too. Normally a line has split second jump on the snap since they know the count. But since they could hear nothing yesterday, that was negated and may explain how Seattle's D-Line was in our backfield all day.

Which is why earning home field advantage is important.

Guys....who cares about this? People who whine about crowd noise being fake or not are doing just that.....WHINING.

These guys are paid a very nice salary, from the coaches to the players, to prepare for games, and all of them knew that seatlle has a huge homefield advantage...we experienced it 2 years ago in the playoffs.

There is one great way to take care of crowd noise though.....play better.

from a 20 year seahawk season ticket holder -

isn't every home team crowd special to the home team? i'm sure the skin fans take as much pride in the way they support their team as do the seahawks fans, and it was a lot of fun yesterday. we didn't sit down the whole game, and only shut up when the shawk offense had the ball. and when trufant was running back the interception, well, if you watched, you heard the crowd - it was pandemonium.

there's a reason the hawks are 25-3 at home over the last 3 years - the confidence and emotion the team gets from the home crowd is a huge factor in a game.

also, the nfl checked out qwest field after a giants game two years ago - nothing is piped in, it is that loud.

good luck next year.

Yes it is that loud. Any gripes about the noise or if it was piped in is sour grapes at this point.

If we didn' blow a couple leads this year, we'd be in Tampa today.

from a 20 year seahawk season ticket holder -

isn't every home team crowd special to the home team? i'm sure the skin fans take as much pride in the way they support their team as do the seahawks fans, and it was a lot of fun yesterday. we didn't sit down the whole game, and only shut up when the shawk offense had the ball. and when trufant was running back the interception, well, if you watched, you heard the crowd - it was pandemonium.

there's a reason the hawks are 25-3 at home over the last 3 years - the confidence and emotion the team gets from the home crowd is a huge factor in a game.

also, the nfl checked out qwest field after a giants game two years ago - nothing is piped in, it is that loud.

good luck next year.

Honestly, nobody cares about the Seahawks. When they win a Super Bowl....wait.....win they win three Super Bowls......no wait.....when they play in five Super Bowls and win three of them, come back here and talk to us. Have fun pulling for your mediocre team. Go Pack!

Honestly, nobody cares about the Seahawks. When they win a Super Bowl....wait.....win they win three Super Bowls......no wait.....when they play in five Super Bowls and win three of them, come back here and talk to us. Have fun pulling for your mediocre team. Go Pack!

They won't win a Superbowl. Even after having to play in the easiest division ever. 2005 was their best chance.

That's me, eatin crow...although the score made the game seem a little more losided than it was.

Defense played well, offense had trouble. We lost by 21, a cruel way to end the season so suddenly.

I love the Skins though and am proud of how they fought into the playoffs this season and overcame so much.

Dang, I didn't even think of that. And you were the first person I've seen mention it. I can see why that would hurt. But... might that not be his way of putting his stamp on the end of the season? Seriously -- if guys were pumped and playing for Sean and winning a game by 21 points and Sean had a hand in that (nobody planned to win by 21 points), then were again playing for Sean but lost, again by 21 points, and were all broken up about it, might that not be Sean's way of saying "that's OK, I'm here"?

Archived