Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Seattle's so-called home field advantage (merged)

fish

Which really doesn't mean they're any louder now then then, at least according to the OP and the quoted poster. The 12th man was also around long before the Seattle Seahawks were if memory serves.

You are correct...the first time the term was ever quoted was in 1680 by an English football player.

You are correct...the first time the term was ever quoted was in 1680 by an English football player.

Not even a nice try at a diversion there. Thought you'd be capable of something a little better than that. Fact remains, it's not original, nor is it something that means Seahawks fans take more pride,(and I am not questioning that they do and have a right to as well), than many other teams fans do for the same thing. RFK, Pittsburgh and the Terrible Towels, ect. to name a few.

Not even a nice try at a diversion there HDL. Thought you'd be capable of something a little better than that. Fact remains, it's not original, nor is it something that means Seahawks fans take more pride,(and I am not questioning that they do and have a right to as well), than many other teams fans do for the same thing. RFK, Pittsburgh and the Terrible Towels, ect. to name a few.

I hope you can attend the game. Then you can judge for yourself. I just heard an interesting interview with Portis. He sure seemed to agree that the noise was a factor in 06. He said it was deafening, moreso than any other place he'd been. He talked about ways they were trying to prepare for it.

But hey, I'm sure Portis is just toyin with the media.

I hope you can attend the game. Then you can judge for yourself. I just heard an interesting interview with Portis. He sure seemed to agree that the noise was a factor in 06. He said it was deafening, moreso than any other place he'd been. He talked about ways they were trying to prepare for it.

But hey, I'm sure Portis is just toyin with the media.

Funny you should mention that. I was there 2 years ago. When the crowd did get loud, it was very loud. No doubt about it. However, it wasn't what I expected either out of them either. It really wasn't until late in the game that they became consistently loud. Not much different than other teams in such circumstances, but then that's the point. I remember commenting on that right after the game to folks there as well as here on ES. Not saying that isn't one loud place at times,(and that's essentially what CP and others are saying), just saying what I've been saying. Nothing that different than other fans in other towns. You'll find quotes from players from all over the league say the same thing about other stadiums as well btw.

I was there in 05 for the playoff game and i will say it got as loud as it can be in Fedex. No one in seattle was a football fan prior to 05 so for the most part they're not as football smart as they like to think they are. Not a single person in Seattle will admit they play in the weakest division much less that they're arent as good as their record.

Funny you should mention that. I was there 2 years ago. When the crowd did get loud, it was very loud. No doubt about it. However, it wasn't what I expected either out of them either. It really wasn't until late in the game that they became consistently loud. Not much different than other teams in such circumstances, but then that's the point. I remember commenting on that right after the game to folks there as well as here on ES. Not saying that isn't one loud place at times,(and that's essentially what CP and others are saying), just saying what I've been saying. Nothing that different than other fans in other towns. You'll find quotes from players from all over the league say the same thing about other stadiums as well btw.

Seattle likes to think they invented crowd noise. :laugh:

The 12th Man was here long before the stadium was...try again.

Well here's what Hasselbeck had to say about that:

"When I first got here in 2001 people talked about the kingdom and the twelfth man. I had no idea what they were talking about because at the time we were playing at Husky Stadium. The day before the University of Washington would be playing there and they would have a sell out- 75,000 people- and then the next day we would be playing the Dallas Cowboys and there are 20,000 people there and 12,000 of them are rooting for the Cowboys."

Isn't ironic that rainy Seattle has fair weather fans? :laugh:

No one in seattle was a football fan prior to 05 so for the most part they're not as football smart as they like to think they are. .

That's some pretty weak ass smack. I was a season ticket holding Seahawks fan before you were sucking your momma's hind teat.

Are you really that thick?

Isn't ironic that rainy Seattle has fair weather fans?

Growing up in the midwest in a major college football atmosphere...i must say that is what pisses me off most about Seattle. Whether is is UW, the Mariners or the Sonics, Seattle is a bandwagon town. Not all Hawks fans are though...unfortunately I was in Texas (Army) at that time so I wasn't able to attend the games

We are 3-1 (the one loss coming in 2004)

We were on the road in Green Bay in 2003 (The famous "We want the ball, and we're gonna score" game)

Maybe the other loss was at the King Dome? I was listening to the radio on the way home from work today and they were saying they had a 3-2 record at home in the playoffs, but I think they were dating it back to 1990.

I saw something on ESPN that had us at that record as well, but they were counting that we were the "home" team at Superbowl XL.

You lost to the Rams in 2004 and the Dolphins in 1999 at home in the playoffs. So that's where the 3-2 record at home in the playoffs since 1990 comes from.

Yeah, I had to look back at the records because I wasn't sure what the broadcasters where referencing. 3-1 at Qwest and 3-2 since 1999.

I don't know... it's always an advantage to play at home but I wouldn't put it in the quake in my boots category. I know the stadium will be loud and it will be a factor but the amount of attention it gets is kinda random to me.

HAHA!!!!

This thread is hilarious. These dumb seasquaks come on here talking about the 12th man like they invented it. It's a shame that they were too unoriginal to come up with something of their own.

Ever hear of Texas A&M ???

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/12th_Man_%28football%29

Just exactly how much do you have to pay these guys in "licensing fees" to keep the stupid slogan? :laugh:

Get ready for some real NFL football...you can't hide in the NFC West anymore.

HTTR:logo:

Archived