Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

All Things Boxing

ACW

Yeah, and there's "allegations" that Floyd failed 3 drug test.

As for JMM, who knows when the deal was signed for the fight and when team Pacquiao knew about Hernandez being on his team. But don't play games. Pacquiao has to face these allegations while JMM has gotten a free pass.

EDIT: And you have brought up Pacquiao when we he wasn't in the conversation.

With the amount of hate and criticism Mayweather receives nationally PLUS all the **** he gave Manny for allegedly being dirty, you don't think the public would have ripped Floyd to shreds if there was really ANY merit behind those rumors?!! Just because someone puts something out there, doesn't make it true. Only time would be able to tell.. which is why there are so many questions about Pacquiao right now.

I didn't bring up Pacquiao my friend, YOU did. The general discussion was about the fight that took place on a Golden Boy card and you just randomly interject your hero into the convo out of no where and without even being prompted to. That's how Pacquaio got in this.

Mayweather has spelled it out for folks in his last few fights. You can choose to not believe him or think it is more about diminishing skills/speed/whatever  He is taking on these bigger guys who want to brawl.  Floyd allows the fight to be a brawl for the first handful of rounds to make it a show and then he starts boxing and runs away with the fight.  He's had to listen to folks call him "boring" when he was shutting folks out or perhaps losing a round or two while he rests.  Now instead, he stands in front of his opponent and trades for a few rounds before going back to pure boxing and he still gets criticized for it.

You can say what you want about Floyd's style, but in the first 2-3 rounds he took good shots from Maidana and never looked wobbled, rocked or anywhere near close to hurt.  Maidana looked frustrated when his shots weren't doing what he thought they would and he resorted to leading in with his head (resulting in the 4th round cut) and throwing low blows.  That was some dirty tactics.

It is similar to what happens when guys take on Manny, and they think they will just walk through his jab, but they get a wake-up call in the process.

Even in those early rounds which Maidana was having some success, most of his shots were wild, sloppy, and "throw everything I got" kind of punches, where as Mayweather was landing clean counter punches.  Maidana's volume was certainly higher early on but his accuracy was never that good.

The fight was close....until the 6th round.

As far as Pac and PEDs go. I consider him innocent until proven guilty, but that doesn't mean I don't find some of his "reasons" for not wanting to be tested in the early days of the Floyd/Pac negotiations to be pretty fishy.  Even Freddie Roach in a recent interview said it was probably Pac's fault the fight didn't happen way back then.

Now since it has been brought up, JMM/PAC. IMO, JMM was robbed in their 3rd fight, but really all four of the fights were pretty even, 2 split decisions, and a draw.  The one fight Manny was looking the best in, was the one he got KO'd because he made a mistake and ran into a perfect counter-punch.  A fight in which JMM passed his pre and post fight drug tests. I am not sure what standard of drug test they agreed to for that fight, but they both agreed to it, so what else can be done at this point?

Edited by NoCalMike

Floyd is definitely showing signs of aging, his legs are fading and he knows it. Not buying any talk of him "making the fight more exciting". Started noticing it back during the Cotto fight, his lateral movement has dropped. He's never been afraid of being on the ropes, but he has a much harder time of getting out of those positions. Its not a terrible spot for him to be in because he is very accurate with his counter shots against the ropes, but it raises the chance he loses rounds because opponents can rack up activity points. Even if the shots are glancing blows, they look good to judges who may favor a high work-rate over less active, but cleaner landing shots.

• Like 1

Floyd is definitely showing signs of aging, his legs are fading and he knows it. Not buying any talk of him "making the fight more exciting". Started noticing it back during the Cotto fight, his lateral movement has dropped. He's never been afraid of being on the ropes, but he has a much harder time of getting out of those positions. Its not a terrible spot for him to be in because he is very accurate with his counter shots against the ropes, but it raises the chance he loses rounds because opponents can rack up activity points. Even if the shots are glancing blows, they look good to judges who may favor a high work-rate over less active, but cleaner landing shots.

I agree with this. If you notice in the first half of the fight, Floyd would invite Maidana to the ropes inviting the brawl. In the second half, he was barely on the ropes, keeping it in the middle of the ring to outbox him. If they fight again, it will more than likely resemble the second half of this fight, not the first.

Mannix on twitter thinks it will either be Mayweather-Maidana II or Mayweather-Cotto II later this year

Sergio is no cake walk for Cotto. 

Floyd would get absolutely crucified thru the media if, for what ever reason, he decides to go in another direction and not give Maidana the rematch.

Edited by T-REX1240

Floyd would get absolutely crucified thru the media if, for what ever reason, he decides to go in another direction and not give Maidana the rematch.

Yeah, especially after last night's press conference.

Maywearther-Maidana II

Broner-Garcia

would be a helluva card

Lost in all the commotion of the fight, it seems to have slipped thru the cracks the fact that DeLaHoya held a press conference yesterday to discuss the state of his company. It wasn't one of those "Everything is fine, nothing to see here" 5min pressers. It was a drawn out, detailed statement and he touched on quite a bit including his meeting with Arum, the disire to do business with Top Rank, the alleged rift between he and Shaefer, Al Haymon, etc.. it was pretty interesting.

Just anxious for all this to get resolved or to rather see how this whole thing evolves and what comes of it. Like I said the other day, a little too late for my liking but there are plenty of good fights to be made that we thought would not be seen any time in the near future; so if the Cold War is coming to an end, I'm all for it.

Edited by T-REX1240

No he wouldn't. He can fight Thurman, Porter (two young and hungry lions) or especially Pacquiao and he would not get crucified.

And why exactly does Maidana/Mayweather warrant a rematch? No one was robbed and lets be honest. It was entertaining, but it wasn't exactly the fight of the year.

Edited by DM72

I didn't bring up Pacquiao my friend, YOU did. The general discussion was about the fight that took place on a Golden Boy card and you just randomly interject your hero into the convo out of no where and without even being prompted to. That's how Pacquaio got in this.

Today, yeah. I brought up Pacquiao. But it was either yesterday or the day before you brought up Pacqauio in a conversation on Floyd. But it's no big deal.

Lost in all the commotion of the fight, it seems to have slipped thru the cracks the fact that DeLaHoya held a press conference yesterday to discuss the state of his company. It wasn't one of those "Everything is fine, nothing to see here" 5min pressers. It was a drawn out, detailed statement and he touched on quite a bit including his meeting with Arum, the disire to do business with Top Rank, the alleged rift between he and Shaefer, Al Haymon, etc.. it was pretty interesting.

Just anxious for all this to get resolved or to rather see how this whole thing evolves and what comes of it. Like I said the other day, a little too late for my liking but there are plenty of good fights to be made that we thought would not be seen any time in the near future; so if the Cold War is coming to an end, I'm all for it.

Excerpts from ODH's press-con:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/boxing/article-2619803/Oscar-De-La-Hoya-prepared-fight-Golden-Boy-doesnt-rule-replacing-Richard-Schaefer.html

Following this really closely. For some reason, I think something major is gonna come of this whole fiasco.

Recently saw that Floyd has even said he will no longer do biz with GB if Shaefer isn't apart of the company; then says there's definitely a spot for Shaefer at Mayweather promotions.

Floyd loves his defense way too much. The fight would not have been close if he stayed in the center and took it to Maidana.

Floyd is definitely showing signs of age, but if thats him showing his age then he is still better than everyone else. Maidana never hit him cleanly. Personally, I think it was more of a style makes fights type of deal than anything else. Maidana is awkward as heck.

The undercard sucked this night. That Khan/Collazo fight sucked because of Khan's clutching. He did look good tho, but I couldnt josh with that.

Adrian Broner is a C level fighter. He has heart but he has no power. Molina walked through all of Broner's punches and I am not confident in Broner's chin.

Excerpts from ODH's press-con:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/boxing/article-2619803/Oscar-De-La-Hoya-prepared-fight-Golden-Boy-doesnt-rule-replacing-Richard-Schaefer.html

Following this really closely. For some reason, I think something major is gonna come of this whole fiasco.

Recently saw that Floyd has even said he will no longer do biz with GB if Shaefer isn't apart of the company; then says there's definitely a spot for Shaefer at Mayweather promotions.

this is really interesting

Terrence Crawford is fighting Gamboa got damn you talk about a potiental exciting fight 2 young guns going at it. 50 cent through his only fighter worth **** out to the wolves with this one. Gamboa has power and speed but his inactivity may play a factor in this one cause Crawford is as sharp as they come. I am taking Crawford stoping Gamboa

Terrence Crawford is fighting Gamboa got damn you talk about a potiental exciting fight 2 young guns going at it. 50 cent through his only fighter worth **** out to the wolves with this one. Gamboa has power and speed but his inactivity may play a factor in this one cause Crawford is as sharp as they come. I am taking Crawford stoping Gamboa

This fight is just as dangerous for Crawford as it is for Gamboa. Both men are equally talented and both will have to bring their A-game. Both have pros and cons over the other which should make for a very interesting fight. Expecting fireworks with this one.

Gamboa is listed at 32, and he's probably older than that, he isn't exactly a young guy anymore. He hasn't had a good performance in some time, if Crawford has the goods, he should win comfortably.

yeah, I forgot he had a long amature career over 250 fights. Its sad that his career has been wasted the past 2 years.

His chin also seems underrated.

its the most underrated aspect of him.

I got Crawford winning.

Out of all the young guys around, he is the one who I see as closest to be the next "one."