Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

All Things Boxing

ACW

Styles make fights, but Paq is a hard hitting southpaw that hits at a lot of angles. He would give Mayweather fights. Plus, he's a better boxer than Maidana who wasn't exactly target practice.

Paq would try to (foolishly) outbox Floyd and that is why he'd get destroyed.

Paq will knock Floyd out.

He couldn't knock out Bam Bam Rios or senior citizen Marquez but he can knock out the best pure boxer of this era?? Go to sleep my friend, good night. Edited by T-REX1240

Paq would try to (foolishly) outbox Floyd and that is why he'd get destroyed.

He couldn't knock out Bam Bam Rios or senior citizen Marquez but he can knock out the best pure boxer of this era?? Go to sleep my friend, good night.

Like you just said, styles make fights.

I'll be honest, before tonight I was not nearly as confident in Pacquiao beating Floyd as I was 3 or 4 years ago. But after tonight, I'm confident that Pacquiao would defeat him. That laying on the rope, rolling his shoulder all night won't be as effective against Pacquiao.

Are you telling me Maidana can push him, but Pacquiao will get picked apart?

Edited by DM72

Live press conference now.  Maidana and Floyd just showed up. Earlier Khan said he wants the Floyd fight, but not in September because of Ramadan. 

http://www.mmafighting.com/2014/5/4/5674998/mayweather-vs-maidana-post-fight-press-conference-video

Floyd was playing around for 5 rounds.  As soon as he started boxing and going back to his bread and butter the fight stopped being competitive. 

Maidana had a hell of an effort, but if Floyd fought the way he did from 6th round on, for the entire fight? Who knows how not close the fight would have ended up.

Live press conference now.  Maidana and Floyd just showed up. Earlier Khan said he wants the Floyd fight, but not in September because of Ramadan. 

http://www.mmafighting.com/2014/5/4/5674998/mayweather-vs-maidana-post-fight-press-conference-video

Floyd was playing around for 5 rounds.  As soon as he started boxing and going back to his bread and butter the fight stopped being competitive. 

Maidana had a hell of an effort, but if Floyd fought the way he did from 6th round on, for the entire fight? Who knows how not close the fight would have ended up.

It's on CBS Sports.

I'll be honest, before tonight I was not nearly as confident in Pacquiao beating Floyd as I was 3 or 4 years ago. But after tonight, I'm confident that Pacquiao would defeat him. That laying on the rope, rolling his shoulder all night won't be as effective against Pacquiao.

He's probably saying Pac would get dropped by some of the shots Maidana survived.

Floyd need to get off it. Maidana was doing some ****, but he was using his elbows all night.

Now he's disrespecting Maidana.

He says Canelo and Cotto hit harder than Maidana.

Edited by DM72

Floyd was fighting at a 17lb weight dis-advantage.

Maidana was fighting dirty, early.  Way too early for it to be considered "frustration slip ups"  The head butt was in the 4th round, and low blows were peppered in throughout the entire fight.

Floyd was probably feigning vulnerability early on, how else do you explain how he just hit a switch in the 6th round and the fight was pretty much over at that point. He even said he was ignoring his corner's advice.

His chin also seems underrated.

Edited by NoCalMike

Floyd need to get off it. Maidana was doing some ****, but he was using his elbows all night.

Now he's disrespecting Maidana.

He says Canelo and Cotto hit harder than Maidana.

How is saying Canelo & Cotto hit harder disrespect?

You reaching hard tonight.

How is saying Canelo & Cotto hit harder disrespect?

You reaching hard tonight.

He said that just to insult Maidana and you know it. When it was said, the press conference was starting to get testy.

Granted, Floyd has been in the ring with both, but Cotto's not really a devastating puncher and did Canelo really catch him with anything big the entire fight?

The press conference got testy, it was entertaining.  Nice way to lead to a rematch if that is the route. I am not convinced a rematch is inevitable, but if it happens so be it.

If it does happen, it will be interesting to see how each guy adjusts. I am thinking Mayweather will box the entire fight this time instead, but what does Maidana do to adjust?

Edited by NoCalMike

The press conference got testy, it was entertaining.  Nice way to lead to a rematch if that is the route. I am not convinced a rematch is inevitable, but if it happens so be it.

If it does happen, it will be interesting to see how each guy adjusts. I am thinking Mayweather will box the entire fight this time instead, but what does Maidana do to adjust?

He'll get frustrated and intentionally foul Floyd.

I'm not sure how some people are frustrated that Maidana didn't get the W.  Not necessarily on here, but my facebook is blowing up with rigged fight, ect.  Floyd started dominating the 6th round on.  6th and 7th were his best rounds and Maidana didn't have rounds even close to those 2.  He lost alot of steam after the first few rounds.  I think it was fairly called.

He said that just to insult Maidana and you know it. When it was said, the press conference was starting to get testy.

Granted, Floyd has been in the ring with both, but Cotto's not really a devastating puncher and did Canelo really catch him with anything big the entire fight?

Cotto is absolutely a devastating puncher, it just didn't have the same affect as he started facing 154lb'ers.

It is not disrespect to claim that a natural 154lb'er in Canelo or a guy known for having heavy hands in Cotto might hit harder than Maidana. Mayweather is the only one who felt the punches, he's the only one who can judge in that scenario. Disrespect would be something of along the lines of "Maidana hits like a ****"

If you see disrespect there, it is because you are choosing to see disrespect.

Edited by StillUnknown

Emmanuel Steward himself said Cotto is not a devastating puncher. I think Cotto punches might wear you down over the course of a fight, but he's not really known as a devastating puncher.

And yes, Floyd was taking a shot at Maidana. Like when he said in response to if this was a tough fight, "No, it was the toughest wrestling match I ever been in."

I'm not sure how some people are frustrated that Maidana didn't get the W.  Not necessarily on here, but my facebook is blowing up with rigged fight, ect.  Floyd started dominating the 6th round on.  6th and 7th were his best rounds and Maidana didn't have rounds even close to those 2.  He lost alot of steam after the first few rounds.  I think it was fairly called.

I thought it was a fairly close fight. It certainly wasn't a 117-111 fight but I gave it to Floyd because I thought he was winning in the later rds. There was also a lot of very close rds that could have went either way.

With that said, I don't think this fight was that damn good that it automatically warrants a rematch.

Edited by DM72

Emmanuel Steward himself said Cotto is not a devastating puncher. I think Cotto punches might wear you down over the course of a fight, but he's not really known as a devastating puncher.

And yes, Floyd was taking a shot at Maidana. Like when he said in response if this was a tough fight, "No, it was the toughest wrestling match I ever been in."

He also said Maidana was a great fighter and a true champion, but you won't mention that because it doesn't fit your narrative.

He also said Maidana was a great fighter and a true champion, but you won't mention that because it doesn't fit your narrative.

But then he contradicts himself by putting him down. One minute he's praising him, the next he's insulting him.

Is he a cheater or a great champion?

Edited by DM72

Much like the Cotto fight this was a crowd-pleaser. If you think Floyd didn't make the fight more difficult than it had to be then you are in denial. Don't get me wrong, Maidana def came to fight. He was absolutely RELENTLESS as expected. The fact of the matter is Maidana 1 & 2 will be night and day much like Castillo 1 & 2. Don't make the mistake of seeing the scrap that Floyd was in tonight and think "He's lost it...he's there to be hit... he's vulnerable... he can be had!" Not the case buddy. That is the same nonsense everyone (including Bob Arum) was saying after the Cotto fight. "He's lost his legs.. he cant move... he's getting old". Only for him to come out and box circles around Guerrero and Canelo.

Floyd is not the same fighter he was 5 years ago but his skill diminish has been very minimal and his reflexes are still very very sharp. Pacquiao is not the same fighter he was 5 years ago and his diminishment has been very drastic; drastic enough for people to even start questioning whether or not Mayweather was really onto something with the PED accussations... Drastic.

Like I said, Mayweather will box circles around Pacquiao and your homerism for Manny won't allow you to accept that.

MY homerism for Pacquiao? That's rich. That is the pot calling the kettle black.

Seriously, Floyd at 45 would be able to box circles around Guerrero. I find it funny that Floyd gets credit for that mismatch, but Pacquiao gets absolutely no credit in fighting Rios and even though he beat a P4P fighter in Bradley, you Mayweather fans still have something negative to say.

And you have the nerve to call someone else a homer?

EDIT: And don't give me the crap about PED use because Floyd had his chance to prove what evidence he had and didn't show up and was sued and he settled. I also find it funny that NONE OF YOU seem to have any issues with JMM in the 4th fight with Paq using PED's. Dude came in bigger and MUCH stronger than he ever did at the age of 40? On top of that he hires a known PED pusher as his strength coach? Just imagine if that was against Floyd. You guys would have wanted JMM ran out of boxing.

Edited by DM72

MY homerism for Pacquiao? That's rich. That is the pot calling the kettle black.

Seriously, Floyd at 45 would be able to box circles around Guerrero. I find it funny that Floyd gets credit for that mismatch, but Pacquiao gets absolutely no credit in fighting Rios and even though he beat a P4P fighter in Bradley, you Mayweather fans still have something negative to say.

And you have the nerve to call someone else a homer?

I have never said Manny was garbage, I acknowledge him as one of the best of this era but he isn't on Floyd's level. 

The only reason I mentioned Guerrero is because the consensus after the Cotto fight was that Floyd's legs were gone and then he went out and silenced the critics by moving around.

I never discredited Paq for the Bradley fight, I said Bradley had the wrong game plan and I stand by that. Manny still outboxed him fair and square as he did the first time.

Edited by T-REX1240

EDIT: And don't give me the crap about PED use because Floyd had his chance to prove what evidence he had and didn't show up and was sued and he settled. I also find it funny that NONE OF YOU seem to have any issues with JMM in the 4th fight with Paq using PED's. Dude came in bigger and MUCH stronger than he ever did at the age of 40? On top of that he hires a known PED pusher as his strength coach? Just imagine if that was against Floyd. You guys would have wanted JMM ran out of boxing.

There was no proof. It was all alleged. It was never proven. Which is why i used the key word allegations. The proof is not something that could be put forth in a courtroom right then and there. It took time to show. Now the questions arise because a significant amount of time has elapsed and it is showing. 

This isn't about Marquez so why make it about him?? This is about Mayweather and Pacquiao. Manny and his camp were fully aware that Angel Heredia was in Marquez' camp yet that didn't demand OSDT, why?? Things that make you go Hmmmm.

There was no proof. It was all alleged. It was never proven. Which is why i used the key word allegations. The proof is not something that could be put forth in a courtroom right then and there. It took time to show. Now the questions arise because a significant amount of time has elapsed and it is showing. 

This isn't about Marquez so why make it about him?? This is about Mayweather and Pacquiao. Manny and his camp were fully aware that Angel Heredia was in Marquez' camp yet that didn't demand OSDT, why?? Things that make you go Hmmmm.

Yeah, and there's "allegations" that Floyd failed 3 drug test.

As for JMM, who knows when the deal was signed for the fight and when team Pacquiao knew about Hernandez being on his team. But don't play games. Pacquiao has to face these allegations while JMM has gotten a free pass.

EDIT: And you have brought up Pacquiao when we he wasn't in the conversation.

Edited by DM72