Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

All Things Boxing

ACW

Its all hype guys, now the fight is even bigger news. Both camps will not pass up on 50 million+ pay day, that's just foolish. If Pacman wins, you know Mayweather will want a rematch. The bad part about the whole thing is boxing fans will have to wait at 8-12 months before they fight.

i dont think the fight will be made, mainly because Bob Arum & Floyd cant stand each other.

Arum will probably continue to match Pacquiao against fighters under his banner. he'll probably end up fighting Margarito, even though Margarito doesnt deserve the payday for the **** he tried to pull against Mosley

I think it will, I hope it will. Unlike others on this thread, I think Manny is the one who's scared.

Floyd has pulled this BS and it has worked. Did he ask for an Olympic style drug test against Marquez, Hatton or De La Hoya? But the one guy, who many consider on his level, he asked for a drug test?

People, you have to be smarter than this. The easiest way to get out of something like this is to come with some BS stipulation that you know the other guy will not agree too. Floyd is just trying to get into Pac's head. If Pac does agree to this drug test, I will gaurantee you that Floyd will want 60/40. And I'm sure some of you Floyd lovers will claim that that's fair and Pac should take it.

Floyd has pulled this BS and it has worked. Did he ask for an Olympic style drug test against Marquez, Hatton or De La Hoya? But the one guy, who many consider on his level, he asked for a drug test?

People, you have to be smarter than this. The easiest way to get out of something like this is to come with some BS stipulation that you know the other guy will not agree too. Floyd is just trying to get into Pac's head. If Pac does agree to this drug test, I will gaurantee you that Floyd will want 60/40. And I'm sure some of you Floyd lovers will claim that that's fair and Pac should take it.

if this fight does the kinda number's i'm hearing about, floyd's definitely not going to accept 50/50

love'em or hate'em floyd's a bigger ppv draw than pacquiao

they have 3 common opponents, floyd's ppv's have sold way more

i was surprised he was willing to go 50/50 during the last negotiations. if this weekend numbers are around the 1.6-1.8mil i'm hearing, no chance it goes back to 50/50

SU, Margarito? He should be banned for LIFE. If he fights, I wanna see Pac murderize him.

doesn't matter. Margarito is a Top Rank promoted fighter, as is Pacquiao. Bob Arum doesnt have a conscience, he doesnt really care about doing the right thing.

pacquiao vs. margarito means more money overall for Top Rank. thats why Clottey was the quick selection when the fight with Mayweather didnt get made

I think it will, I hope it will. Unlike others on this thread, I think Manny is the one who's scared.

I'm with you. Manny knows that he will have trouble with Floyd's style. And he knows that Floys is the only one with the quickness to match his. If the fight doesn't happen, it's all on Manny.

if this fight does the kinda number's i'm hearing about, floyd's definitely not going to accept 50/50

love'em or hate'em floyd's a bigger ppv draw than pacquiao

they have 3 common opponents, floyd's ppv's have sold way more

i was surprised he was willing to go 50/50 during the last negotiations. if this weekend numbers are around the 1.6-1.8mil i'm hearing, no chance it goes back to 50/50

So he gets to choose the rules and gets the lions share? Whatever. If he would have fought a lesser opponant, would it have done these numbers? No. Pac promoted his fight with Clotty all by himself considering Clotty wasn't a draw.

Edited by blue collar

So he gets to choose the rules and gets the lions share? Whatever. If he would have fought a lesser opponant, would it have done these numbers? No. Pac promoted his fight with Clotty all by himself considering Clotty wasn't a draw.

Marquez isnt a big draw, yet Floyd did a 1mil in ppv buys against him.

i'm not arguing Pac's drawing power, his record speaks for itself. i'm simply saying Mayweather is a bigger draw.

it doesn't mean that pac has to capitulate to mayweather's demands, it just means that mayweathers has a stronger hand to play in negotiations.

I haven't seen anyone mention this, but who was that guy that came in to replace Mosley in the 3rd round and on? It wasn't Sugar Shane. This dude was backing away from Mayweather and it looked like he was having epileptic seizures. Mosley had Floyd hurt in the 2nd round and looked like he could give him trouble all night, then he ran out of gas (in the third round) and seemed to concede the fight to mayweather. What a waste of money...I'm pissed at Shane for not coming into this fight in shape. He didn't have the endurance to get through more than a few rounds.

Floyd looked really big and powerful tonight to go along with his speed. I have a hard time seeing a Bigger, faster, stronger, longer reach Mayweather have any issues with Pacquiao.

Floyd looked really big and powerful tonight to go along with his speed. I have a hard time seeing a Bigger, faster, stronger, longer reach Mayweather have any issues with Pacquiao.

So is that finally a bit of respect, however begrudging it may be, for Floyd?

Like I said all along, Shane is fast but his speed is not in the same league as FLoyd.

I have to admit though that I wasn't sure that Floyd would be able to hang on in that second round. Major credit to Shane for rocking him like he's never been rocked before.

Now let's all lhope that Manny comes to his senses and takes the blood tests.

after reading a few articles, it seems that if the Pacquiao fight cant be made, Mayweather will probably end up fighting Sergio Martinez at 154 or 160 (most likely 160, as Martinez isnt a big MW, and it would give floyd another title in a different weight class should he win)

after reading a few articles, it seems that if the Pacquiao fight cant be made, Mayweather will probably end up fighting Sergio Martinez at 154 or 160 (most likely 160, as Martinez isnt a big MW, and it would give floyd another title in a different weight class should he win)

Why not go after Berto?

Why not go after Berto?

its a possibility, but Martinez presents a much tougher challenge to Floyd than Berto ever could.

i'm not sure there would be much interest in a Mayweather/Berto matchup right now

All yall excited about Floyd's domination of Mosley. My man Pac would have STOPPED him. As for this blood test, they'll have to come to a compromise. If I were Pac, I wouldn't give him everything he want.

i agree Pac would've stopped Mosley as Pacquiao is more offensive minded than Floyd. then again, Mosley would've had more openings against Pacquiao to connect.

Edited by StillUnknown

because Martinez would probably make 5x more fighting Floyd than either Punisher or Pavlik

money talks

Oh, I know that, but I mean rankings-wise? Floyd can't become the automatic top contender?

I'd like to see Floyd fight Cotto. I don't think Cotto will beat him, but at least Cotto will bring the fight to him (unlike shane's pathetic performance)

He'd kill Cotto. Cotto's not nearly fast enough to avoid Floyd's punches.