Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

CP is far better than A.Peterson......

SeAnTaYlOr2121

You don't have to so much read articles, other than just knowing what the vikings will do. They're going to run. This has been known since week 3. Don't mean to be a smartass, just making sure you know.

If you would like, read the recaps of all of the vikings previous games, they'll probably all say that Taylor and AP faced 8 and 9 man fronts; not to mention AP said in an interview after the skins game that he hasn't seen anything less than an 8 man front on 1st down since the beginning of the season.

what makes AP so good is that his oline gives him the opportunity to get passed the LOS so he can use his moves. once he gets to the second level he is a beast. However im not so sold on him before that second level.

what makes AP so good is that his oline gives him the opportunity to get passed the LOS so he can use his moves. once he gets to the second level he is a beast. However im not so sold on him before that second level.

No doubt he's a gamebreaker, I'm just not going to say he'll be the best rb of all time. Yes he's great, but he also has to stay healthy; he hasn't been able to do that so far...

sure portis may do more because he does one single thing that LT doesnt. However, the things they do to the same, LT does it better. this is plain and simple. Its not even debatable.

so now we are gonna diss on LT cuz he is in the flats? Thats rediculous. he's in the flats catching passes and making plays. 3 receiving TD's this year. Portis has none. Hmm, i guess that means LT does more then portis :doh:

how can you say LT is not the leader portis is?

During there slide this year LT called a team only meeting and told everyone to stop ****ing about the coaches play or get the hell out of here. He even gave up alcohol for this whole season. If thats not a leader then i don't know what is. That same week he went out and ran for 198 yards and 4 TD's.

Now, like you stated, its unfortunate that portis has always had to stay in pass pro. it has diminshed his potential and only in the last coupel weeks are we seeing how effective he is as a receiver. Don't worry tho, hopefully they build on this, realize he is better then advertised at receiving then next season we will be talking about him being the 2nd best back in the league after LT.

Pass pro hasn't decreased his effectiveness...it's a necessary cog of what we need from him. LT isn't the best at everything he does...I'd put Westbrook as a superior receiver.

Portis puts his body on the line. He headhunts on INTs...he does anything that you can ask a runningback to do.

Portis actually averaged more yards per catch...meaning he did more with his touches...if you'd like to be technical.

LT was also that whiny guy on TV that moped, and basically threw his team under the bus.

im not saying they aren't good, im saying that without that dominate o-line they wouldn't be anywhere near the lvl they are now, but good

You can say the same for almost any rb. A rb has to have an o line in order to play well (except Barry Sanders)

See Emmit Smith for the perfect example of this.

Pass pro hasn't decreased his effectiveness...it's a necessary cog of what we need from him. LT isn't the best at everything he does...I'd put Westbrook as a superior receiver.

Portis puts his body on the line. He headhunts on INTs...he does anything that you can ask a runningback to do.

Portis actually averaged more yards per catch...meaning he did more with his touches...if you'd like to be technical.

LT was also that whiny guy on TV that moped, and basically threw his team under the bus.

LT is the best all around in football. You don't agree?

LT is just as good a receiver as WB. 100 catches in one season...

LT led the league this year in yards from scrimmage. CP was third.

LT had 18 TD's this year. Portis 11.

great, CP did less with more touches as a receiver. LT had more yards with less touches running the ball. you contradict yourself. Oh and LT had 3 receiving TD's. so actually, he did more then portis.

Like i said, just wait until next year. CP hopefully will be fully utilized and we will be talking about him being the 2nd best back, behind LT.

If you REALLY wanna get into a debate, I'll even say that being traded to washington was the worst thing that could happen for CP. If he stayed in the AFC west he would be WITHOUT question the best RB in the game.

CP had to completely re-invent himself when he came here. Yet he was still able to break the single seaosn rushing record here.

I've been a CP fan since his days in denver. I have my denver portis jersey as proof. He is without question my favorite player, and I would not trade him for anyone else. But really, to say he is better, or just as good as LT, is not fair.

If I was asked to select between LT and CP I would have to pick CP, I have never seen LT block, even John Madden has called CP the best blocking RB in the league, and he is, there is also the leadership thing too, CP is a redskin through and through he wants, like the rest of the team, only what is best for the skins.

LT is the best all around in football. You don't agree?

LT is just as good a receiver as WB. 100 catches in one season...

LT led the league this year in yards from scrimmage. CP was third.

LT had 18 TD's this year. Portis 11.

great, CP did less with more touches as a receiver. LT had more yards with less touches running the ball. you contradict yourself. Oh and LT had 3 receiving TD's. so actually, he did more then portis.

Like i said, just wait until next year. CP hopefully will be fully utilized and we will be talking about him being the 2nd best back, behind LT.

If you REALLY wanna get into a debate, I'll even say that being traded to washington was the worst thing that could happen for CP. If he stayed in the AFC west he would be WITHOUT question the best RB in the game.

CP had to completely re-invent himself when he came here. Yet he was still able to break the single seaosn rushing record here.

I've been a CP fan since his days in denver. I have my denver portis jersey as proof. He is without question my favorite player, and I would not trade him for anyone else. But really, to say he is better, or just as good as LT, is not fair.

So what're you arguing? I said Portis would have inflated numbers as well if he played Oakland, Kansas City, and Denver twice a year.

It isn't even debateable with Westbrook. You can compare LT when he leads his team in receiving yardage deep in the playoffs. Westbrook's been that threat for years...you act as if the league's never seen receiving threat backs before LT...Marshall Faulk trumped both of them.

I'm not seeing how you're anointing him the GOAT title...when Jim Brown, Barry Sanders, Walter Payton, ALL have stake to the claim with others. LT isn't revolutionizing the RB position. Great player...yea...GOAT? Nah...

If I was asked to select between LT and CP I would have to pick CP, I have never seen LT block, even John Madden has called CP the best blocking RB in the league, and he is, there is also the leadership thing too, CP is a redskin through and through he wants, like the rest of the team, only what is best for the skins.

Portis is a Redskin because of money.

Only a Redskin fan would pick Portis over LT.

AD is a very talented runner mainly because his offensive line takes out the front 7 for him, and after that its him vs. the secondary. Notice how his best games came against banged up or secondaries who are just poor at tackling (Chicago, San Diego)?

Portis doesn't rely solely on his line to get past the front 7. He's more than happy to block a DE for himself.

I don't care what the national media thing of AP and want to anoint him the next barry sanders. CP got snubbed from the Pro Bowl because there is no more valuable player on any team than him. He does all the intangibles and still puts up huge numbers. Name another RB that puts up those kinds of numbers and is also a great pass blocker, an excellent receiver, and an overall great leader. There is none in the NFL thaat is like that. This man gets too little respect and its starting to get to me.

There is no doubt in my mind we will win Saturday and the main reason Clinton Portis(either running, passing, blocking, or just doin all of the above)

You are crazy my friend. AP is a rookie. He is going to get better and better and better. Portis, on the other hand, is as good as he will ever be. You would be stupid to think they are comparable................

So what're you arguing? I said Portis would have inflated numbers as well if he played Oakland, Kansas City, and Denver twice a year.

It isn't even debateable with Westbrook. You can compare LT when he leads his team in receiving yardage deep in the playoffs. Westbrook's been that threat for years...you act as if the league's never seen receiving threat backs before LT...Marshall Faulk trumped both of them.

I'm not seeing how you're anointing him the GOAT title...when Jim Brown, Barry Sanders, Walter Payton, ALL have stake to the claim with others. LT isn't revolutionizing the RB position. Great player...yea...GOAT? Nah...

we agree being here has hurt CP's overall production.

Even if westbrook is a better receiving back that LT, LT is still the superior back.

When did I say he was the best receiving back ever?

GOAT... not yet. Will he be one day? 100%

when westbrook catches 100 passes in one season and rushes for over 1600 yards, then we can talk about him being just as good as LT

Archived