Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

CP is far better than A.Peterson......

SeAnTaYlOr2121

nah i never said he shouldnt get the hype im sayin that CP should get as much hype as LT.

no back in the league deserves as much hype as LT. He will go down as the greatest RB of all time.

and really, you never hear anything about CP?

aikman says CP is his favorite player.

Madden does nothing but praise and praise CP when he commentates skins games. he says he is the best blocking back and if he has to pick one RB for his team, it would be CP

Even collinsworth kept praising CP during the bears game, calling him a threat everytime he touches the ball

just because your local sports paper doesnt write about him doesnt mean hes not getting love

just because your local sports paper doesnt write about him doesnt mean hes not getting love

New York is the biggest media outlet in the world thats why i said that...i know when your watching the game the annoucers have to talk about him becuase he is doing everything on the field. Read what i said before you reply. you are a little too quick to jump the gun.

i cant provide any links but i hear media praising portis all the time and i live 3000 miles away from the DC area...(its mainly only during the game though), im pretty sure i've seen more articles on CP this year then LT though

This has only happened recently. Over the last few years I have had to tell fans of other teams that Portis is still alive and still getting it done. In fact there was a Broncos fan I work with who said "Portis hasn't done anything." This led me to research all of his stats to prove him wrong.

Until recently (last few weeks) CP has not gotten the love he should get because he doesn't flaunt it. As a matter of fact, most people know him as the guy who dresses up rather than one of the great all around rbs in the league.

New York is the biggest media outlet in the world thats why i said that...i know when your watching the game the annoucers have to talk about him becuase he is doing everything on the field. Read what i said before you reply. you are a little too quick to jump the gun.

like you just said, biggest media outlet in the world. however there is waaay too much to talk about.

jets

giants

rangers

islanders

mets

yankees

knicks

you guys also got the buffalo teams in new york.

Too many local teams to write about then talk about one player.

I don't understand what point your trying to get across?

Portis doesn't do the same thing as LT...he does more in lesser recognized ways. You don't get voted in the Pro Bowl off laying out LBs...sometimes those plays aren't even visible on TV broadcasts.

The players I listed earlier are useless in pass pro...LT's always in the flats.

That wouldn't work against blitz happy, physical defenses in the NFC East. Your numbers are going to look great when you can get 737 rushing yards in 6 games against your divisional foes.

I don't see LT as nearly the leader Portis is. CP wasn't on TV crying when we dropped a few games. He's kept his mouth shut and never deflected blame.

This has only happened recently. Over the last few years I have had to tell fans of other teams that Portis is still alive and still getting it done. In fact there was a Broncos fan I work with who said "Portis hasn't done anything." This led me to research all of his stats to prove him wrong.

Until recently (last few weeks) CP has not gotten the love he should get because he doesn't flaunt it. As a matter of fact, most people know him as the guy who dresses up rather than one of the great all around rbs in the league.

skins your 100% right. And honestly, i don't know why tho. the thing is tho, he is flashy. uniform violations, costumes, backflips, cartwheels, crazy shoes...

To me the coverage of portis is a reflection of the skins. the skins don't get that much national coverage do they? (i am talking out of my ass, i dont live in the states) I know up here the coverage of the skins is non existent. I just think it goes hand in hand

nah i never said he shouldnt get the hype im sayin that CP should get as much hype as LT.

I admit LT is a more gifted and better athlete can do stuff CP cant but im sayin CP doesnt get any love from the media outside of washington.. im in ny and they talk about is sheli and todd collins story. Collins has been crazy for and sure he deserves all the credit he gets but the papers havnt mentioned anything bout CP and how valuable he is to our team. This thread wasnt even bout LT, it was supposed to be bout AP makin the Pro Bowl and i said CP is better than AP

Dude, CP doesn't get as much hype as LT because he isn't as GOOD as LT! Seriously, this is a ridiculous discussion.

Ladainian Tomlinson.

LT is a great move maker and can make people miss. Great guy and all but honestly I think he is a little self centered. Never hear about his blocking, he isn't in on 3rd and longs, refuses to have anything to do with preseason.

CP is a lot more selfless. I'll take CP's stonewall blocks over LT's mopey interviews after losses anyday.

skins your 100% right. And honestly, i don't know why tho. the thing is tho, he is flashy. uniform violations, costumes, backflips, cartwheels, crazy shoes...

To me the coverage of portis is a reflection of the skins. the skins don't get that much national coverage do they? (i am talking out of my ass, i dont live in the states) I know up here the coverage of the skins is non existent. I just think it goes hand in hand

You're right. The skins are not sexy to the rest of america.

Lets put it this way, if CP played for Dallas (try not to vomit thinking of him in a pukes uni) than he would be considered the best rb in the league.

thats bs...they couldn't run on us at all

That's BS? Dude, you're telling me that most teams the Vikes played didn't stack the line of scrimmage to stop those two? Seriously, that is really dumb. And because one or two teams had success stopping them doesn't change anything. Those two would have success running the ball behind ANY line! To argue that is just silly.

like you just said, biggest media outlet in the world. however there is waaay too much to talk about.

jets

giants

rangers

islanders

mets

yankees

knicks

you guys also got the buffalo teams in new york.

Too many local teams to write about then talk about one player.

first off buffalo isnt in the new york papers, im talkin nyc. Nobody in nyc and close to it care for buffalo.

Second, im talking when the sports writers do their weekly picks and talk about the games they rarely mention CP as being the difference maker, and when the Skins play the Jets or Giants they for example will say that they have to key in on cooley for them to win the game.

Basically if you wanna beat the redskins you have to stop CP. Thats all im sayin the papers downplay his role on our team. I guess thats to our advantage.

PLease dont comment on things you have no idea about, if you dont know how the ny media don say sumthing just to contradict me

Portis doesn't do the same thing as LT...he does more in lesser recognized ways. You don't get voted in the Pro Bowl off laying out LBs...sometimes those plays aren't even visible on TV broadcasts.

The players I listed earlier are useless in pass pro...LT's always in the flats.

That wouldn't work against blitz happy, physical defenses in the NFC East. Your numbers are going to look great when you can get 737 rushing yards in 6 games against your divisional foes.

I don't see LT as nearly the leader Porits is. Portis wasn't on TV crying when we dropped a few games. He's kept his mouth shut and never deflected blame.

sure portis may do more because he does one single thing that LT doesnt. However, the things they do to the same, LT does it better. this is plain and simple. Its not even debatable.

so now we are gonna diss on LT cuz he is in the flats? Thats rediculous. he's in the flats catching passes and making plays. 3 receiving TD's this year. Portis has none. Hmm, i guess that means LT does more then portis :doh:

how can you say LT is not the leader portis is?

During there slide this year LT called a team only meeting and told everyone to stop ****ing about the coaches play or get the hell out of here. He even gave up alcohol for this whole season. If thats not a leader then i don't know what is. That same week he went out and ran for 198 yards and 4 TD's.

Now, like you stated, its unfortunate that portis has always had to stay in pass pro. it has diminshed his potential and only in the last coupel weeks are we seeing how effective he is as a receiver. Don't worry tho, hopefully they build on this, realize he is better then advertised at receiving then next season we will be talking about him being the 2nd best back in the league after LT.

That's BS? Dude, you're telling me that most teams the Vikes played didn't stack the line of scrimmage to stop those two? Seriously, that is really dumb. And because one or two teams had success stopping them doesn't change anything. Those two would have success running the ball behind ANY line! To argue that is just silly.

if chester taylor didnt play on minnesota we wouldnt even know his name. please.

show me any other article that teams lined up on them the way we did

first off buffalo isnt in the new york papers, im talkin nyc. Nobody in nyc and close to it care for buffalo.

Second, im talking when the sports writers do their weekly picks and talk about the games they rarely mention CP as being the difference maker, and when the Skins play the Jets or Giants they for example will say that they have to key in on cooley for them to win the game.

Basically if you wanna beat the redskins you have to stop CP. Thats all im sayin the papers downplay his role on our team. I guess thats to our advantage.

PLease dont comment on things you have no idea about, if you dont know how the ny media don say sumthing just to contradict me

it seems that your crying for no reason. who cares. the teams we play sure as hell know who CP is. they gameplan for him. Do you think CP cares? I think he doesnt

You're right. The skins are not sexy to the rest of america.

Lets put it this way, if CP played for Dallas (try not to vomit thinking of him in a pukes uni) than he would be considered the best rb in the league.

exactly. IT's not CP himself, just the tema he plays for.

a perfect example is cooley. its the same thing for him

That O-Line is by far the best in the nfl....Hutchinson alone makes it better, look at shawn alexander when he was in seattle, look at shawn now....nuff said

I'd like to see AP and Chester Taylor run the ball for a different team, i'm willing to bet they aren't that great. Vikings O-line is just that damn good

see, this is what gets me. i mean sure, we have to support our redskins players but to say stuff like this just makes me wonder , what the hell are these people smoking.

HOw about we all like to see AP and Taylor run the ball for a different team that actually has a passing game with a good QB. think about that. imagine that dude. they stack up the line against the vikings because everybody knows vikins's QB sucks and that they have no passing game. Still AP ran for over 1000 yards. ran over 200 yards in two games setting a single game record and oh yeah , he did this in his rookie season. Get real dude. the guy is gonna get better and better.

Uh, you're telling me most teams they played this year didn't stack the line of scrimmage to stop their running game? You lose all credibility right there, man. You might wanna purchase Sunday Ticket. That way you could catch some other teams play, other than just the Redskins. That way you wouldn't be talking out of your ***!

You don't have to so much read articles, other than just knowing what the vikings will do. They're going to run. This has been known since week 3. Don't mean to be a smartass, just making sure you know.

If you would like, read the recaps of all of the vikings previous games, they'll probably all say that Taylor and AP faced 8 and 9 man fronts; not to mention AP said in an interview after the skins game that he hasn't seen anything less than an 8 man front on 1st down since the beginning of the season.

Archived