Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ST says we're playin for a ring (video)

kingarthur65

In a rare interview Taylor shows that he is as intense off the field as he is on the field. This clip is from the locker room after he returned a fumble to put us up by 11 and seal the game. The final game of 2005 and we finished at 10-6.

A reporter asks ST about when we were 5-6 and he promptly dismisses the question, saying I ain't talking about that, we are 10-6.

Sean then talks about being in the playoffs and what I love about this video is that he talks about winning a ring.. not just a game or two, he wants a ring. Sean had the drive and passion to be the best at what he does and you can see that in the intensity in this short clip.

One of the best quotes I have seen from the players this year was by Shawn Srings. He is definitely honoring Sean over the last few weeks. If the rest of our players could see the passion in ST's eyes during this interview, I think every one of them would honor Sean with their play.

"I'm so sad that we lost Sean," Springs said, "but he kind of brought us together as a family. We all want to honor him, and when it comes down to it, the best thing we can do is to try to do that with our play.

"Sean was a cannibal. He played this game the way it's supposed to be played. So, if you want to honor him, go full speed and put your heart into everything you do. And if there's a play to be made, make that play and plow through everything in your path."

ST interview

Thanks to MIAMISKINSFAN

http://midatlantic.comcastsportsnet.com/media/video/redskins/redskins-6-10106.wmv

I remember an interview from that season when he gave some props to Gibbs, and referenced his history of winning, including Nascar. I thought this was going to be that interview, but he didn't say that here, and I'm pretty sure he was sitting down during it. Maybe same day though.

Anybody else recall that interview?

I'm gonna hate watching anything with the 2004-2007 defenses on it... especially 2007. I've repeated it before and I'll repeat it again... Sean was going to be better than Ronnie Lott and this year he had taken a major on the field step... we were seriously watching a man among boys...

His voice is very intimidating. You can hear the ferocity within'.

I think you hear his introvertness and shyness.

He is definately uncomfortable answering questions with a mic in front of him.

Skins team 07, if you want to get Sean a ring, this is your one season to do it :cheers:

HTTR

I think you hear his introvertness and shyness.

He is definately uncomfortable answering questions with a mic in front of him.

Skins team 07, if you want to get Sean a ring, this is your one season to do it :cheers:

HTTR

I guess translated you could say it sounded like he'd rather have popped the reporter than answer his questions. :laugh:

Archived