Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The reality of Todd Collins and Jason Campbell

gortiz

I find it amusing that the OP uses conjecture as fact! Fact is JC has developed tremendously! He is the QB of our future! But his play shows he doesn't have the same grasp on the offense that Collins does. This has been proven all season.

Todd Collins needs to be the QB of our team for the playoffs. The team has played better with him in there and to put JC back in now would disrupt that chemistry. Now that is conjecture on my part, but it doesn't mean I am giving up on Jason.

Right now, this very moment, Todd Collins is our #1 QB and should be throughout our playoff run. JC will take the reigns next year.

its time for us to examine JC and if he is just a waste of talent, because he for some reason cannot read NFL defenses.

During that four game losing streak here are JC's numbers

62% pass comp

6 TD's

4 Int's

82.4 QB rating

270 yards a game

Can someone honestly tell me that with those #'s would not have brought us at least 2 vicotories if our D was playing as well as it is playing now?? There is no way. In fact I think we would have won three our of 4 during that stretch. Don't forget, the 4th game of streak was after we lost Sean.

When he went down in the Chi game was 10-16 for a 100 yards.

Yep, like usual. When JC does well, he is awesome, and going to the probowl. When he does poorly, everyone around him sucks, but not him. Collins comes in and consistently picks defenses apart, and it's because everyone around him suddenly remembered how to play. Weird...

:laugh: It's true. Also, we're not supposed to judge JC on his past performance because he hasn't played enough games, yet he's "the future". :doh:

jc-tc.jpg

I find it amusing that the OP uses conjecture as fact! Fact is JC has developed tremendously! He is the QB of our future! But his play shows he doesn't have the same grasp on the offense that Collins does. This has been proven all season.

Todd Collins needs to be the QB of our team for the playoffs. The team has played better with him in there and to put JC back in now would disrupt that chemistry. Now that is conjecture on my part, but it doesn't mean I am giving up on Jason.

Right now, this very moment, Todd Collins is our #1 QB and should be throughout our playoff run. JC will take the reigns next year.

When was it ever stated that JC should take over this season when healthy? That was never suggested.

What my point was that people are rushing to disimss JC as not being a good QB just like they lost faith in Gibbs. I'm also trying to make the point that I think TC is benefitting big time from good play on Defense, and JC would have done the same.

:laugh: It's true. Also, we're not supposed to judge JC on his past performance because he hasn't played enough games, yet he's "the future". :doh:

jc-tc.jpg

Would it kill you to judge JC with a defense that is playing lights out? how abou that? Or with a healthy Santana or CP? Or with more confidence from the staff?

For people to think Todd Collins is the reason we are winning are blind with their hot man love for Todd...we are winning because of inspired defense, a coaching staff that are finally opening up the play book, healthy players, and the memory of Sean Taylor...Todd is just another cog in the wheel

Hot man love? BTW, I know I'm not the only person here who notices how A Montgomery is coming along on the D-line. What a stud. I say that last with no trace of man love for 94. None whatsoever. :silly:

For people to think Todd Collins is the reason we are winning are blind with their hot man love for Todd...we are winning because of inspired defense, a coaching staff that are finally opening up the play book, healthy players, and the memory of Sean Taylor...Todd is just another cog in the wheel

I think hot man love make fans soooo blind! :silly:

I think you get it voicekiller ...

Can you honestly say that we are seeing the same defense we saw when JC was playing compared to when TC has been in there?

How many short fields and extra opportunities has TC gotten as result of the remergence of the D?

I'm only saying our fans shouldn't be fools and write of JC like they wrote off Joe a few weeks ago.

In no way am I trying to lessen or cheapen how TC has played, I"m just saying keep JC out of it ...

As of this point in his career you could give JC a short field and he'd march ya right down the field and may I as for a hamburger to got with that untimely game ending pick. JC will be fine but not this year

Sorry, if anyone can not see that TC is a better QB RIGHT NOW than JC, they need to take the blinders off. Whether he is the sole reason for the turnaround or simply a cog in a larger wheel is still unknown. But the bottom line is that the team is winning, and convincingly.

TC is the better QB right now, and until JC proves differently, TC should be the starter. And this includes an open competition in training camp. Teams that start a young QB in order to develop him for the future usually have no better option. The Skins do have a better option at this point. And I hope they continue to use it.

Would it kill you to judge JC with a defense that is playing lights out? how abou that? Or with a healthy Santana or CP? Or with more confidence from the staff?

What does the defense have to do with the 11 interceptions Campbell has thrown? That's JCs main problem, turnovers. Then innacuracy.

Sorry, if anyone can not see that TC is a better QB RIGHT NOW than JC, they need to take the blinders off. Whether he is the sole reason for the turnaround or simply a cog in a larger wheel is still unknown. But the bottom line is that the team is winning, and convincingly.

TC is the better QB right now, and until JC proves differently, TC should be the starter. And this includes an open competition in training camp. Teams that start a young QB in order to develop him for the future usually have no better option. The Skins do have a better option at this point. And I hope they continue to use it.

JC has this job when the season starts. Even if TC wins the superbowl, JC is the starter.

But, TC is the starter for the postseason.

JC has this job when the season starts. Even if TC wins the superbowl, JC is the starter.

But, TC is the starter for the postseason.

You gotta be kidding me. If TC takes this team to the Super Bowl behind a 4 game winning streak to make the playoffs, a win in one of the hardest places in the league to play, and road wins (likely) against two 13-3 teams, and THEN beats the only undefeated team in 35 years in the Super Bowl, he should be named the unconditional starter for the forseeable future.

But you think he should be benched? Man o man...

I have a hard time believing how many of you agreed with the OP comments. There was only about one comment I agreed with and that was that Moss and Portis are healthy. The comment about the offense is playing better because of the defense is a throw away because the same could be said about the defense is playing better because the offense is palying better.

Other people have already covered the Brunell comment.

This comment I dont get at all?

Todd Collins HAS NOBODY LOOKING OVER SHOULDER AND IS PLAYING WITH HOUSE MONEY. If you dont think this means something, then you don't know football and/or human nature.

I dont know what you are talking about? Are you saying that Campbell had someone looking over his shoulder? That is not true at all! Short of injury Gibbs would NOT have pulled Jason Campbell. If he hadnt got injuried and finished the season with terrible games, he would not have been pulled for Collins. Next season Yeah he will need to be looking over his shoulder, now that Gibbs finally sees what Collins can do! If Collins is here and if Campbell starts

The comment about the offense is playing better because of the defense is a throw away because the same could be said about the defense is playing better because the offense is palying better.

Other people have already covered the Brunell comment.

I think that can be SAID, but it wouldn't be true. At least if you watched the Skins games this year ...

Collins quarterback rating of 105. Jason quarterback rating of 77. Don't discount that. It's the mistakes he was making being a young quarterback. Yes, Jason is the future. But if Collins is making us a better team, you have to ride it.

There no certainty we would have made the playoffs the way Jason was playing. I will tell you this, if Todd continues to play well, I could see Joe going to him next year granted we re-sign him.

Think about the decision he made with Ramsey and Brunell some three years ago. This is not that much different.

Collins quarterback rating of 105. Jason quarterback rating of 77. Don't discount that. It's the mistakes he was making being a young quarterback. Yes, Jason is the future. But if Collins is making us a better team, you have to ride it.

There no certainty we would have made the playoffs the way Jason was playing. I will tell you this, if Todd continues to play well, I could see Joe going to him next year granted we re-sign him.

Think about the decision he made with Ramsey and Brunell some three years ago. This is not that much different.

Except that Todd is playing lights out.

Archived