Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The reality of Todd Collins and Jason Campbell

gortiz

Collins is a good game manager and is playing well, but he is not the reason we are in the playoffs.

So sad. I repeat, no one takes you seriously now.

If people take you seriously after such an uninformed remark like this one, I'd actually prefer them to make negative judgements about me considering they'd have to be horrible judges.

You truly have NO, ZILCH, ZERO understanding of what you're talking about.

The worse you think of me the better since your judgements such as the one I bolded couldn't be further from the truth.

If people take you seriously after such an uninformed remark like this one, I'd actually prefer them to make negative judgements about me considering they'd have to be horrible judges.

The worse you think of me the better since your judgements such as the one I bolded couldn't be further from the truth.

ok...we'll just take your "understanding" for gospel truth!

I have quite a bit more understanding of whats going on than you.

You are nothing but a troll whos promoting collins over the team. For what reason I cannot understand, unless your his wife.

I like Collins, and hes managing the game well, but the reality is, he nothing more thatn a backup who knows the offense and who can manage the game.

Can we win with a QB like that. Of course we can.

This team is winning because....

-- Portis is on Fire

-- Cooley is on Fire

-- Santana is healthy

-- The Oline has gelled after all the injuries

-- Springs and Smoot are playing lights out

-- Landry has taking Sean's spot and there is no decline

-- Fletcher is the best defensive general we have had in years

-- Carter is creating pressure, and the Dline in general is killing the run

-- The playbook has been opened up because Collins has a 7-10 year study period on the offense.

-- The death of Sean Taylor has absolutely galvanized this team, and they are playing lights out.

-- Etc..Etc..

Now, then your rant is just. "OMG COLLINS IS LEET, FHUCK CAMPBELL"

I believe I know more about this team than you sir.

-- Portis is on Fire

-- Cooley is on Fire

-- Santana is healthy

-- The playbook has been opened up because Collins has a 7-10 year study period on the offense.

-- The death of Sean Taylor has absolutely galvanized this team, and they are playing lights out.

-- Etc..Etc..

Yeah, funny how all of that happened the exact quarter that JC went down. Must be really weird synchronicity. Couldn't be causally realted... that would be too obvious.

Yeah, funny how all of that happened the exact quarter that JC went down. Must be really weird synchronicity. Couldn't be causally realted... that would be too obvious.

You mean against Rex Grossman, Greise, Jackson and Eli. The defense played 1 dimensional teams and the giants were ****ed up by the wind

Collins is a good game manager and is playing well, but he is not the reason we are in the playoffs.

Collins may not be the reason we are in the superbowl, but, Campbell would have been the reason were not in the playoffs.

During the first half of the season, many said that while the offensive line struggled, Campbell actually made the line look worse with his style of play. Sure, the team overall played better and we had healthier players in this streak, but, no one can deny the team immediately played better in the Chicago game with the same players except the quarterback.

Collins may not be the reason we are in the superbowl, but, Campbell would have been the reason were not in the playoffs.

During the first half of the season, many said that while the offensive line struggled, Campbell actually made the line look worse with his style of play. Sure, the team overall played better and we had healthier players in this streak, but, no one can deny the team immediately played better in the Chicago game with the same players except the quarterback.

Yup, Ill buy that.

Collins knows the system better. His timing is good because he's practiced it 1 million time in his head for 7 years

Eventually though, teams will get enough game film on Collins though to expose his weakness's, of which he has several.

Lets just hope we can ride him far enough before they do that.

He wasn't the most accurate quarterback at auburn and he isn't the most accurate quarterback on the team. I can't believe the redskins pulled the trigger to get this player in the first round.

Sure he's a great athlete. Being athletic isn't a prerequisite to being a successful quarterback. You guys are failing to mesure Campbell by what actually matters.

You guys need to start watching the game and see how Collins takes his drop and then gets it out just after he finishes taking the drop. I love how I can watch the skins play with my brother and predict when Collins gets the ball out just by looking at him. It's like "he takes his drop. OUT" The ball is out right after the completion of the drop.

You guys need to stop drooling in awe at Campbell's physical skills as an athlete and look at the skills he LACKS that are fundamental to the QB position.

Simply not true

He completed 69.9% of his passes for 10 yds per play and had a qb rating of 172.89

He did everything he could have done at Auburn except win the Heisman Trophy. He led the team to an undefeated 13 and 0 season. Auburn won the SEC Championship and Jason was named SEC Player of the Year. Auburn was name National Champions in 6 polls.

But does a highly successful senior college career carry over to an NFL career. Obviously, Jason is struggling now. Personally, having watched him play for 7 years, my opinion is he is having a problem with the faster paced play in the NFL. Jason will have to make his reads and release the ball quicker or he'll never get the timing of the pro game. If he can do that the turnover numbers will go down. Can he do that remains to be seen.

The reasons we are winning is

# 1- defense

# 2- Better play from our playmakers like santana & Portis

# 3- Our Oline is playing better

Todd collins just happens to be the guy at the helm benefiting from it....its not hard to believe that everybody vowed to play better once JC went down....

aside from Al trusting tood more than JC.......

The biggest reason for our offense scoring turnaround in the last for games has been starting field position which is a result of better defense.......

The evidence is in how many drives that started with breathing room at our own 37 yard line or better...

Note: ...(im only counting drives in which we didnt take a knee at the half or run out the clock to end the game)

In Jason Campbell's last for games

Dallas,Philly,Tampa & Buffalo

We started a total of 10 drives at our own 37 yard line or better and scored either a FG or TD on 8 of those drives

Only

3 of those drives started in our opponents territory

In TC's last four games

Chicago, New York, Minnesota, Dallas

We started a total of 20 drives at our own 37 yard line or better and scored either a FG or TD on 10 of those drives...

and 10 of those started in our opponents territory

JC's poor field position cant be blamed on the offense not moving under JC because in those games we only had..

1 three & out against Philly

1 against Dallas

and 0 three & outs up until the 4 minute mark of the 3rd qtr against buffalo..

We all know what happened early against tampa

with our playmakers fumbling.... but aside from that every other drive was 9 plays or more under JC against tampa's good d...

The team as a whole started playing better once JC went down but its especially the defense and O line ....

Todd collins has done nothing to get all the credit

we have also been a lil luckier and got a few bounces or bailout calls or we would have just as many turnovers....

The Pass interference call yesterday saved aa play that would have been an INT anyway...

The bounce back to Todd and the challange on the bad snaps against minnesota...

Santana making a play over a rookie on the underthrown jumpball against minnesota..

luckily

we have dogded a few bullets that could have hurt us...

and im glad we are in but I just think TC gets a lil too much credit for managing the game

Ok. I admit i was calling for a JC bench early in the year. And it is not a coincidence that all the other factors(o line tightening up, CP and SM getting healthy, etc) locked into place when JC got hurt.

There are too many variables to explain why TC is doing well. Quicker passes = more completions=more first downs = less time our defense is on the field. Our

defense is better because we are not 3 and out every other time. That is just one example. Another, quicker passes and short routes = opponents linebackers dropping back a little = opening more lanes for CP. Everyone notice CP is running more north to south instead of the usual east to west for 8 yards and then 3-4 yards north to south. I sure noticed. Our team is built for a quick offense. We have speedy recievers and quick/bulldozing RBs.

JC is very composed all the time and not in a rush. It shows in his release. Now, TC has a quick release but IMO, he stares down his reciever very early. He gets away with it though because he has a quick release and our recievers are fast.

If TC was even 5 years younger, There is no doubt who would have won the starting job. We all know that. Hopefully, JC can get a little quicker. That can be taught.

Ok. I admit i was calling for a JC bench early in the year. And it is not a coincidence that all the other factors(o line tightening up, CP and SM getting healthy, etc) locked into place when JC got hurt.

There are too many variables to explain why TC is doing well. Quicker passes = more completions=more first downs = less time our defense is on the field. Our

defense is better because we are not 3 and out every other time. That is just one example. Another, quicker passes and short routes = opponents linebackers dropping back a little = opening more lanes for CP. Everyone notice CP is running more north to south instead of the usual east to west for 8 yards and then 3-4 yards north to south. I sure noticed. Our team is built for a quick offense. We have speedy recievers and quick/bulldozing RBs.

JC is very composed all the time and not in a rush. It shows in his release. Now, TC has a quick release but IMO, he stares down his reciever very early. He gets away with it though because he has a quick release and our recievers are fast.

If TC was even 5 years younger, There is no doubt who would have won the starting job. We all know that. Hopefully, JC can get a little quicker. That can be taught.

please read my post above or do the research yourself in JC last four we were far from a 3 & out team....

Our D is only giving up 13.5 in Todds last four...

while that same d gave up a lil over 24 in JC's last four..and it had nothing to do with them just being tired because sometimes they gave up points after our scoring drives...

Simply not true

He completed 69.9% of his passes for 10 yds per play and had a qb rating of 172.89

He did everything he could have done at Auburn except win the Heisman Trophy. He led the team to an undefeated 13 and 0 season. Auburn won the SEC Championship and Jason was named SEC Player of the Year. Auburn was name National Champions in 6 polls.

But does a highly successful senior college career carry over to an NFL career. Obviously, Jason is struggling now. Personally, having watched him play for 7 years, my opinion is he is having a problem with the faster paced play in the NFL. Jason will have to make his reads and release the ball quicker or he'll never get the timing of the pro game. If he can do that the turnover numbers will go down. Can he do that remains to be seen.

Completing 70% of your passes when opposing teams have to worry about defending BOTH Ronnie Brown and Cadillac Williams doesn't really indicate that Jason is accurate. In an interview, one of the auburn offensive coaches - the offensive coordinator I believe - revealed that Jason wasn't even the most accurate quarterback on the team, he just happened to be the best athlete. Being an athletic quarterback gives you a great edge in college football. In the NFL, athleticism for a quarterback isn't very relevant. Athleticism certainly takes a back seat to the fundamentals of quarterbacking such as accuracy, timing, and quickness in decision-making. Sure Campbell is bigger, stronger and faster than Todd Collins. For any other position, that would actually be relevant. For the QB position - it isn't. When you evaluate Campbell by the skills required to become a successful NFL QB, rather than his flashy yet irrelevant athleticism, you're left disappointed...

please read my post above or do the research yourself in JC last four we were far from a 3 & out team....

while that same d gave up a lil over 24 in JC's last four..and it had nothing to do with them just being tired because sometimes they gave up points after our scoring drives...

You posted while I was typing.

So we have 4 games with TC and you pointed to JC's last 4 games. that still leaves half the season. If you look at the entire year, we had our share of 3 and outs. Is that totally JC's fault?? Of course not. I was trying to say how smart quarterbacking does more than "manage" a game. Our defense is more rested and we have backups in now. Your "research post" read like it was written by a fan of some other team. In your attempt to refute any thing TC has done, you pointed out how many things the team as a whole did badly. I know you like JC but frankly you are reaching a bit.

The defense was in the top 5 in yards allowed per play coming into the BEARS game. Perhaps you should use relevant research.

That can be taught.

Can you know this for sure?

The rate at which neurons fire is something genetic, and not always something that can be taught. Some people are better at pattern recognition; some people are faster at processing information. Just like JC's superior arm strength.

I would not be surprised that if the same people that buried Joe a few weeks back are the same that are casting off Jason now.

"Here is the reality of the QB that came in and help saved our season 4 weeks ago:

TC has had 10 years to get this offense down, Jason has had 2 1/2 and even then he was constrained.

The playbook has opened up for TC, now it can be argued that it is because coaches trust him more, but who's to say they made a mistake by not trusting JC more. Also, who is to say the playbook wasn't going to open up in Chicago and Jason never got the chance to benefit."

Will Jason Campbell ever be trusted with the playbook?

I for one don't think Joe Gibbs will let Todd Collins go elsewhere in the NFL. They need Todd's knowledge of Al Saunders playbook until, or when, Jason Campbell can perform as Todd has.

You posted while I was typing.

So we have 4 games with TC and you pointed to JC's last 4 games. that still leaves half the season. If you look at the entire year, we had our share of 3 and outs. Is that totally JC's fault?? Of course not. I was trying to say how smart quarterbacking does more than "manage" a game. Our defense is more rested and we have backups in now. Your "research post" read like it was written by a fan of some other team. In your attempt to refute any thing TC has done, you pointed out how many things the team as a whole did badly. I know you like JC but frankly you are reaching a bit.

I only used those 4 games because those are the games people are using to judge him because we lost those in a row..

aside from that we have only lost 7 total....

so you take those four out of the equation then he must have been doing something right....

JC didnt cost us the giants or greenbay games that was clinton,santana and our defense..not to mention dropped passes and conservative second half play calling we were plagued by early on...

people tend to throw all of that out of the window like it doesnt matter

The way our o line was playing

Todd collins would not have beaten the patriots so why even bother to use that one...

All of the other games were victories...

I only used those 4 games because those are the games people are using to judge him because we lost those in a row..

aside from that we have only lost 7 total....

so you take those four out of the equation then he must have been doing something right....

JC didnt cost us the giants or greenbay games that was clinton,santana and our defense..not to mention dropped passes and conservative second half play calling we were plagued by early on...

people tend to throw all of that out of the window like it doesnt matter

The way our o line was playing

Todd collins would not have beaten the patriots so why even bother to use that one...

All of the other games were victories...

Like Miami taking us into OT was a victory? Like Arizona almost handing it to us was a victory? Our wins were far from stellar.

I have quite a bit more understanding of whats going on than you.

You are nothing but a troll whos promoting collins over the team. For what reason I cannot understand, unless your his wife.

I like Collins, and hes managing the game well, but the reality is, he nothing more thatn a backup who knows the offense and who can manage the game.

Can we win with a QB like that. Of course we can.

-- Portis is on Fire

-- Cooley is on Fire

-- Santana is healthy

-- Etc..Etc..

Now, then your rant is just. "OMG COLLINS IS LEET, FHUCK CAMPBELL"

I believe I know more about this team than you sir.

Wow its funny how all these things seem to come into place when Collins takes over!!!

Like Miami taking us into OT was a victory? Like Arizona almost handing it to us was a victory? Our wins were far from stellar.

And it was the QB's fault?...

He threw 2 picks against Miami & we won...

He was only allowed to throw the ball 18 times against arizona and we won...

Id like to see Todd collins numbers in the run, Run, pass offense that we were using early on all while over coming holding & false start penalties and playing with new linemen that were seeing each other for the first time...

We ran the ball 37 times against miami in a close game

We were up 21-6 against arizona when the 4th qtr started....

that was back when we used to try and sit on leads...

The fans can ignore it all they want but the players know that this is not the same offense and it had nothing to do with JC...

"When Jason was in, they still had a little bit of that spoon-feeding - or not really pulling it off and letting him go," Randle El said. "And I think that has a lot to do with it, in terms of cutting him loose and giving him freedom."

Archived