Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Sean Taylor says... (pic included, you'll be glad you looked)

jsgregg

I want Dallas!!! I can't wait until next Sunday Night. Dovonan McNabb's first regular season game in a Redskin's uniform. Mike Shanahan is making his head coaching debut. There's hope and even certainty that with all of the offseason moves, the Redskins could be a contender this season. I want Dallas!!!

WE WANT DALLAS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Here is the story from Michael Silver of Yahoo Sports...

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news;_ylt=AvM2fzzsB1MbN9jfVATvSE85nYcB?slug=ms-morningrush123107&prov=yhoo&type=lgns

As for the Skins, who became only the fourth team of the Super Bowl era to make the playoffs after a 5-7 start, some of those on the inside are starting to wonder if something metaphysical might be involved in their stirring surge.

On Saturday, before the team conducted its walkthrough at its Ashburn, Va., training facility, defensive end Philip Daniels passed out copies of a photo of Taylor that Daniels' wife had pulled off the Internet, one which the safety had signed for a fan in training camp. "There was Sean's signature, with the words, 'We want Dallas,'" Moss said. "Guys got all choked up. He's not there physically, but that reminded us that he's been playing with us all this time, that we couldn't have gotten to this point without him."

As the final seconds ticked away on Sunday, Moss and halfback Clinton Portis, two of Taylor's closest friends, were talking with several teammates when one of them pointed to the video screen at FedEx Field and said, "Look at the score."

Moss did a double-take. "Look how much we won by," the other player added.

Twenty-one, the same as Taylor's jersey number.

"Guys talked about that in the locker room," Springs said, "and they were tearing up."

To Springs, whose father, former Cowboys halfback Ron Springs, has been hospitalized in a coma for more than two months, this season has been an emotional whirlwind. He has tried to cope with it all by doing what he and his teammates do best – getting physical.

"I'm so sad that we lost Sean," Springs said, "but he kind of brought us together as a family. We all want to honor him, and when it comes down to it, the best thing we can do is to try to do that with our play.

"Sean was a cannibal. He played this game the way it's supposed to be played. So, if you want to honor him, go full speed and put your heart into everything you do. And if there's a play to be made, make that play and plow through everything in your path."

jsgregg, you should consider loaning this picture to the Redskins museum, the picture and the story about how a fan managed to inspire a team to get to the playoffs would be a feature exhibit.

:logo:

• 1 year later...

Archived