Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Inside the NFL: All pick the Skins to win(merged)

EvoSkins

todays sports are like todays movies. all glitz and glammer. no substance like in the days of old. they played hurt, they played whatever postion the coach wanted, the coach was the boss, and the players generally were not paid more than the coach. the movies the same, actors and actresses, that actually had emotion, spoken parts, and story lines with endings. oh well, i miss them. it is really satisfying watching a tough, motivation coach, and coaches that only want players with character and desire to play to their best ability even when nicked up. as much as was talked about the two great def tackles for the vikings, and all game long, they were raising their hands like school children wanting relief after 3 or 4 def plays. i really loved seeing that. it shows what a good running game can do, with the offense that can get first downs the hard way.

i hope our team actually remembers that it has to play in order to win. this is still a divisional rival, and they will want to spoil our playoff chances.

we have shown that we are more than capable of giving games away. We need to be aggressive and not listen to the people who seem to expect dallas to lay down.

I rarely see people from Manassas on here.

I can't belive you all. So what they picked us. We still have Gibbs as head coach, Williams as DC, and Portis, Moss, Cooley, Sellers, Fletcher, Landry, Carter, Smoot and Springs.

They will do their best to get us in the playoffs.

trend is, the more media love we get, the worse we do in the next upcoming game.

We play better as underdogs.

it's a conundrum, kind of like how Eli Manning plays good in warm weather and crappy in cold weather.

This isn't superstition, this is a proven fact.

we'll see what happens.

:(

Marino, Collinsworth, Costas, and Carter pick the Skins to win.

During the highlight, they showed mostly Skins plays with a little of the Vikings comeback at the end. Started with Sellars with the pregame huddle speech. Had a short clip of the 8 car pumped up after Collins' first TD pass. Showed Vikings coach saying that the Skins are "emptying the tank" against them. Showed a clip of Byner going nuts and hugging Portis after his TD pass. Showed a clip of Childress going over to Jackson who was talking to another coach and backup QB, interrupting them and said "In and out of the huddle. Alright? We can't saunter up. We've got to get everyone going. You're directing the show." But, it almost sounded like Childress wanted to say that Jackson was dragging them done instead directing the show. Showed the 12 man of the field sequence as the pivotal point of the game. Ended with McCardell saying that the SKins own their own destiny.

During the analysis, they have Marino and Collinsworth on the bandwagon and Carter as the bad guy. Carter said that he is the only one to have the guts to say what has Gibbs done that says that he can coach another 3-4 years to the NFL. He said that Gibbs has screwed up a lot in the last 3 years and that Gibbs has seen better years in the NFL. He does praise how Gibbs dealt with the Taylor situation though. Carter calls out Marino and Collinsworth for jumping on to the bandwagon, but where were they 6 weeks ago, "they were up under the bandwagon getting run over by it". Then Marino changes the subject.

Marino praises Collins and Carter praises the SKins for getting big plays. Carter says that always the teams that plays with the most incentive will win.

Carter ends with that he will allow Gibbs to coach for two more games, because thats all they have left in their season.

We are now officially screwed.

PS. Collins is a horse-faced idiot.

Carter is a *****, he hates on the Skins more than anyone. Two years ago he swore up and down until the final week that we would not make the playoffs.

Of course Carter is bitter towards the Redskins. Carter was on the 1992 team when the Gibbs led Redskins defeated the Minnesota Vikings at the MET by the score of 24-7 in the wild card round.

Still the worst was back in 1988 when the Gibbs led Redskins defeated the Vikings 17-10 at RFK. I’ll never forget the play that ended it! In the final seconds, an injured Darrell Green knocked away a pass at the goal-line to seal the win and send the Redskins to Super Bowl XXII.

Archived