Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

#1 Key to Victory on Sunday

cavs9

What's yours?

I think it is imperative to score first and grab the momentum. We have not shown we can be a comeback team, and we play much better as a team when we are in control of the game. If we score first (I'm talking touchdown, not field goal) the crowd will get behind our defense and be involved throughout the game. The worst thing that could happen on Sunday is if the Cowgirls get off to a 10-0 start to somewhat quiet the crowd. Conversely, I think if we start 10-0 or 14-0, the game will be won. Moreover, if we hit them in the mouth and are up by 10 after the first quarter, their team will be more inclined to fold as they have nothing to play for (besides obviosuly the rivalry). More backups will also come into the game as Philips won't want to risk injury trying to come back in a meaningless game.

The game plan for the Redskins is : Finish what you started. I dont wanna see no drama, I dont wanna see 4th quarter problems, I want to see this fgamne over by the half just like the Minnesota game. I wanna see Gibbs get the gatorade bath and the post game celebration on the field.

intensity

skins gotta come out and want it more than dallas

the media has been giving dallas bulletin board material they they will lose and aren't playing for anything. that gives them something to play for.

skins can't walk on the field expecting to do their job,they gotta want to win badly for 4 quarters.

The one and only factor that matter is TURNOVERS!!! If we win the TO battle we will win...For the past three weeks we have won the TO battle, and low and behold we are 3-0!!!!

It's all about TURNOVERS. PERIOD.

You're right. Turnovers are huge and the fact we have been winning that battle the past 3 weeks has been the biggest difference in our turnaround.:dallasuck

The one and only factor that matter is TURNOVERS!!! If we win the TO battle we will win...For the past three weeks we have won the TO battle, and low and behold we are 3-0!!!!

It's all about TURNOVERS. PERIOD.

:applause: And this is exactly how you take the opponent out of the game.

Another way of saying it is: Skinning the Cowpukes and then kicking the crap out of them!

In my view, the key to winning is keeping the same mindset that the Skins had going into the Giants and Vikes games. We CANNOT look past Dallas and be thinking about Seattle. Otherwise, we'll lose, even if the Dallas scrubs play the entire game.

Play a COMPLETE game....4 quarters!

Word.

There starters are probably gonna play the 1st half, so dont let your guard down in the 2nd when the backups come in, I dont think tehy will let their guard down, but umm, times have shown this year lol that they dont play the 2nd half

I believe the longer the Dallas starters stay in and the more of them, the better.

2nd team players are playing for a starting job or free agency next year so they will be going all out. The Dallas starters will ALL have only one goal in this game: to NOT get hurt. Any starters they play will be looking around at all times to see if they are going to get hit and get hurt.

I would much rather play starters who have nothing to gain than scrubs who are giving it everything they've got.

I think starting fast will put us in the best position to win the game. Dallas would want to make it look like their starters need to rest if we go up 2 scores early. I hope we match up with their starters in the first quarter and run it up their throat for a TD. Can you emagine FedEx Field when we score that first TD?

At that point the game will be over. Our D will shut their running game and without TO and and a recovering Glenn, their is no way they can compete. I'm hoping for a sloberknocking Redskins football after we go up two scores.

to me it is three things that have been named so far...

1. Intensity.. the skins have to come out fired up and swarm to the ball.. make the plays they should make and tackle on D.... play with fire and passion...

2. Run the football.. control the clock... run the ball well on first down.. make the throws to continue drives... sustain some long drives and eat up clock.. dont give the boys first team players they chance to make plays while they are in there...

3. Turnovers... more us not giving the ball away any rather than us taking it away...if we can control the ball and field position we will be in good shape... we cannot turn the ball over and it wouldnt hurt if we could take the ball away a few times like last week...

Archived