Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

When is the last we played dallas for a spot?

smokinskinsfan

Probably the third-to-last game of the season in '05, in the middle of the 5-in-a-row streak. Redskins 35 Cowboys 7.

Yeah, that game propelled us into the playoffs and essentially knocked the Cowboys out of it. Both teams were still in the picture at the time.

yes but I mean like this, where we have to win to be alive...

Don't bring back some really bad memories. Wasn't it the 1979 game where Riggins broke the long run for a score, but dallas scored two tds in the last 5 minutes or so to steal the game and knock us out of the playoffs...

Don't bring back some really bad memories. Wasn't it the 1979 game where Riggins broke the long run for a score, but dallas scored two tds in the last 5 minutes or so to steal the game and knock us out of the playoffs...

>> Yes, but we had to win in 2005 as well. If you are asking for a final game of the regular season where we were playing Dallas and had to win to make the playoffs, then I believe 1979 is correct. The final game in 1996 at RFK and D. Green's final game a few years ago were both against Dallas, but had no playoff implications.

1979 - Skins needed to win the game to win the NFC East or would stay home with a loss due to losing a tie breaker for points (which they had a huge lead going into the day, but the other team blew out somebody else).

Roger threw two late TDs to win it for Dallas. Harvey Martin threw a funeral wreath into the Skins locker room after the game.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-srv/sports/redskins/longterm/1997/history/allart/dw1979b.htm

Oh man, I got sick reading this post and remembering how heartbroken I was on that day.

Archived