Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Gibbs is better than you think

skinsfan4221977

You know I have bashed Gibbs and I think he deserved some of it. However, when his contract extension has been discussed it makes me happy. I want no other coach than Joe Gibbs. Through thick and thin I needed to wake up and realize he is the best thing for this team. I know it now and everyone else should as well. I challenge you to think of any one person who would be better suited for the job. There isn't anybody. No college coach (see Bobby Patrino and Steve Spurrier). No current coach in the NFL. Gibbs will get us there. It is written and so it shall be.

You know I have bashed Gibbs and I think he deserved some of it. However, when his contract extension has been discussed it makes me happy. I want no other coach than Joe Gibbs. Through thick and thin I needed to wake up and realize he is the best thing for this team. I know it now and everyone else should as well. I challenge you to think of any one person who would be better suited for the job. There isn't anybody. No college coach (see Bobby Patrino and Steve Spurrier). No current coach in the NFL. Gibbs will get us there. It is written and so it shall be.

History show that most good to great head coaches are not head coaches when they are hired. Many good to great head coaches who were re-treads were mediocre the first time around. Of course, most head coaches won't ever fall into that good to great catagory.

I have always loved Gibbs and always will. Especially what he has shown me this year. He is a special coach and pours his heart and soul into the team. I admit sometimes I get upset when I see him constantly saying how good they played when he should be chewing them out, but it took me up until a month before ST's death to hear from a couple of assistant coaches and Marcus Washington that Gibbs his different and he will never be a parcells type of coach. Every person I have met that is part of the Redskins organization sticks by Gibbs and if everyone that works with him or for him believes in him then we should too.

Still "in the hunt?" We should already be eating our prey. Gibbs has singlehandedly cost us at LEAST 2-3 games with his inability to manage the clock, timeouts, and failure to abandon his conservative-play-not-to-lose gameplans. We should already have a playoff spot clinched given the amount of talent on this team. This is a good team, with good players. It's a good team that is being mismanaged down to mediocrity. I love how people pat him on the back for his ineptitude on this forum. "OH wow he's so great we're still kind of playing for something!" Guess what: We'd be playing for a lot more if he didn't suck.

When you reward incompetence you get the status quo. I see we're still rewarding incompetence around here.

I think Joe Gibbs the leader is and always will be the best.

It's Joe Gibbs the football coach I wonder about. Questionable practice structuring (no situational scrimmaging = poor clock management, botched 2 minute drills), poor in-game adjustments and predictable play-calling,

The issue is continuity. If we can keep Joe around to be the leader of the ship while Al takes full control of the offense, I'm all for it. I wonder though...

After thinking logically, I have come to the conclusion that it would be to everybody's benefit if Gibbs stayed with us for a few years. Even when we have lost so many players to injurues, even when Sean Taylor is no longer with us, and even when Gibbs' grandson is suffering from cancer, Gibbs has managed to make this team competitive. We should be a 4-12 team with so many issues. Yet Gibbs has managed to make our players play their guts out. Sure, his playcalling can be terrible at times, but he seems to be a master motivator. If you asked me only 3 weeks ago after the Buffalo game, I would have told you Gibbs needed to go. Not anymore. He has kept the team competitive. We should be a 4-12 team at best.

i'm sorry, but i have to disagree.

this team should have been in the class of dallas and green bay, and competing for the nfc crown or at least a home playoff game. we proved that when we played both of those teams, on the road, to the wire.

instead, we sit at 7-7 and not in control of our playoff destiny in the mediocrity that is the NFC. i would say he has done an average job and it shows. we have let teams inferior to us back in to games and, most of the time, let them win. not to mention the poor clock management.

the blame for that can be shared between coaching gameplans and player execution, but not equally. the style of "sit on a lead" was a philosophy implemented by the coaching staff, and it turned into sluggish, unispired second half performances from the players.

Still "in the hunt?" We should already be eating our prey. Gibbs has singlehandedly cost us at LEAST 2-3 games with his inability to manage the clock, timeouts, and failure to abandon his conservative-play-not-to-lose gameplans. We should already have a playoff spot clinched given the amount of talent on this team. This is a good team, with good players. It's a good team that is being mismanaged down to mediocrity. I love how people pat him on the back for his ineptitude on this forum. "OH wow he's so great we're still kind of playing for something!" Guess what: We'd be playing for a lot more if he didn't suck.

When you reward incompetence you get the status quo. I see we're still rewarding incompetence around here.

Calm down young man, you're looking out of a port hole! I can agree with you on the coaching style that our beloved coach will never change and if he did he wouldn't be HOF Coach Joe Jakcson Gibbs!! When you get a few more years under your belt you'll understand who Coach Gibbs is today, was yesterday and will always be remembered as "The Coach of the Washington Redskins"

I was old enough (barely) to remember Gibbs I, and I have to say that his management of the locker room this year compares favorably to his best coaching efforts from his first tenure. You can complain (and I have) about his game management at times, but the fact is that he has every bit of his mojo with players, and that counts for a lot.

Calm down young man, you're looking out of a port hole! I can agree with you on the coaching style that our beloved coach will never change and if he did he wouldn't be HOF Coach Joe Jakcson Gibbs!! When you get a few more years under your belt you'll understand who Coach Gibbs is today, was yesterday and will always be remembered as "The Coach of the Washington Redskins"

Just to add to Coach Gibbs, Coach Lombardi came to the Skins via the Packers and Coach Allen by way of L.A. Rams....Coach Gibbs is ours!!! sorry to tell you this but if you don't like this ship....you know the rest:laugh:

I agree!!! What I have liked is that Gibbs has brought stability back to the team. :helmet: :logo:

I understand the injury problems and all, but when our team loses most of its games b/c of COACHING mistakes, then I think changes need to be made. That just shouldn't happen.

BTW, I also give Gibbs credit when we win b/c of good coaching moves. I just wouldn't say that Gibbs is the one to give most of the credit to.

I was old enough (barely) to remember Gibbs I, and I have to say that his management of the locker room this year compares favorably to his best coaching efforts from his first tenure. You can complain (and I have) about his game management at times, but the fact is that he has every bit of his mojo with players, and that counts for a lot.

7-7 and still in the hunt. This despite the fact that we lost our entire right side of the line by game 2. Despite the fact that we've suffered critcal injuries at corner and linebacker. Despite dealing with other critical injuries that kept an important guy(s) out for a game or two. Despite the fact that we've had to deal with a death on the team of a guy who was pretty much the heart of the defense. Yes, this style can drive you crazy at times but without it we'd only have a win or two at this point.

I understand the injury problems and all, but when our team loses most of its games b/c of COACHING mistakes, then I think changes need to be made. That just shouldn't happen.

BTW, I also give Gibbs credit when we win b/c of good coaching moves. I just wouldn't say that Gibbs is the one to give most of the credit to.

Your premise is wrong. WE HAVE NOT LOST ONE GAME BECAUSE OF COACHING.

Archived