Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Laron Landry: Suicide Mission

jkalnasy

Maybe he doesn't want to have Suicide Mission on his chest when he is taking his grandkids to the swimming pool in 60 years. :whoknows:

LL will be filthy stinking rich, and if he is taking his grandkids to the pool, it will probably be in his back yard. No worries about tattoo's at the pool, and if someone wants to judge him by his tattoo, then he has the right to judge them by their yearly income.

The whole taunting thing is a problem created by the league. An offensive player can act like he won the god dam superbowl every time he makes a four yard play for a first down. Yet when a defender does it they get flagged. And don't give me that bull**** about doing it directly to someone. Whenever you do something like that you mean for some audience to take offense to it. What Landry did to Burress was a punishable act but so was what Tom Brady did to the Steelers safety in New England. The league wants to promote offense at the expense of fair competition.

:applause: QFT!!!!

I love Laron. A safety NEEDS to have that mentality. Fine, he got some late hit penalties and a taunting penalty. He's just serving notice that the deep middle is NOT an option for opposing offenses.

and so far, i have no problem with the penalties he has gotten. they are rookie mistakes or when he got caught up in the moment. we cant say we would do anything different in the same situation. but more importantly, he hasnt cost us a game through a penalty. as long as thats the case, i wont have a problem with the occasional penalty, knowing he will grow out of it and be a more level headed/smarter player.

"Why not give it your all and leave it on the field? If you don't live up to that, why are you doing it?"

Love that attitude. If you're going to do something in life, might as well give it your all and take your best shot. Better to leave it all out there than wonder what might have been.

I'm still bitter that we'll never get to see what the 2 most physical safeties in the league could have been doing together for a longer time. Imagine the highlight reels we could have been watching of the two of them taking turns on people brave or stupid enough to go their way. No we'll have to just imagine what it would have been like. But at least we still have one awesome player.

I don't know what to think of Landry. I remember them showing him on the sideline after the drive he got the taunting call on, and Prioleau was in the face. Landry just had this smile on his face like he didn't care. I thought it was selfish of him. Late hits are one thing. That's being aggressive. But any retard knows you can't stand over a guy and taunt him after a hit. This late in the season you're no longer a rookie. Get with it!
Piroleau definitely wasn't in his face in a negative manner- he was smiling too and probably telling him something like great hit or something, they both looked pretty excited. Yeah, it was a dumb penalty, but it only gave up a field goal in the end and sometimes you need to have a real enforcement penalty like that to get a message across, which is what ended up happening. I recall during the 2004 season against the Eagles on Monday Night Football, Taylor getting flagged for a late hit on T.O. out of bounds and a lot of people had issues with Taylor for that. Two years later and T.O.'s pretty much scared of Taylor. Seems like Landry's on the right track.

Landry's gonna be a total monster within a couple years.

Piroleau definitely wasn't in his face in a negative manner- he was smiling too and probably telling him something like great hit or something, they both looked pretty excited. Yeah, it was a dumb penalty, but it only gave up a field goal in the end and sometimes you need to have a real enforcement penalty like that to get a message across, which is what ended up happening. I recall during the 2004 season against the Eagles on Monday Night Football, Taylor getting flagged for a late hit on T.O. out of bounds and a lot of people had issues with Taylor for that. Two years later and T.O.'s pretty much scared of Taylor. Seems like Landry's on the right track.

Landry's gonna be a total monster within a couple years.

Exactly. You play with reckless abandon, sacrifice your body on every single play, and the other team is going to take notice. You develop a reputation that precedes you. CP said the same thing in the Lions game when Sellers bulldozed the **** out of Kennedy. It made them take a step back and say "These dudes is crazy!"

I love him! I'd like to see him lose the gloves and elbow pads and go with the taped bare fingers like ST was doing this year. The bare armed look that Sean was showing was intimidating. AAAAAH! EAT MEEEAT!

:point2sky

i was saying that to my dad during the gnats game sunday. LL needs to not wear the long sleeved under armour. let people see his arms and that should make them afraid. then they cross the middle and get drilled, and they are completely afraid.

Archived