Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Wonder if Mcnabb will play on Sunday since the Eagles are eliminated

NFLAnalyzer

That's the Big Question since they have no shot in making the playoffs. Seeing Kevin Kolb in there as QB will defintely hurt the Skins chances to get in the playoffs.

Not against the Saints it wouldn't. In fact it would probably help.

Or do you an education on the long history of first time QBs who have torched the Saints secondary.

Not against the Saints it wouldn't. In fact it would probably help.

Or do you an education on the long history of first time QBs who have torched the Saints secondary.

:mad: Don't get me started on Joey Harrington's "coming out party" back in '02 after the Saints started out 3-0. Wow-the announcers in that game made it sound like he was the second coming of Joe Montana(although reality was that the Saints, in the same year they beat the SB Champs Bucs TWICE, happened to lose to 3 ****** teams that year as well, which forced them to miss the playoffs).:(

In seperate announcements a few weeks ago didn't AR and Lurie announce he was the starter for the rest of the season? That means he must be, otherwise it would be like fibbing on the weekly injury reports!;)

They did (although it was Joe Banner and not Lurie). I believe that McNabb gets the start for the rest of the season.

At the PC yesterday, Reid put this issue to bed by saying that McNabb has been and will be the QB for the last two games and barring injuries, for the foreseeable future. Never saw Reid so pissed off when answering questions, but he put his foot down and I believe the issue of where #5 plays next season is a done deal.

At the PC yesterday, Reid put this issue to bed by saying that McNabb has been and will be the QB for the last two games and barring injuries, for the foreseeable future. Never saw Reid so pissed off when answering questions, but he put his foot down and I believe the issue of where #5 plays next season is a done deal.

I imagine so. Although, they probably can fetch a little more from other teams with McNabb if the rest of the league thinks they are willing to attach themselves to him.

I normally like Steve Martarano over on 610, but it really pissed me off how he and others acted like fans were absolute morons not to accept the fact that Kolb would be taking over for McNabb after this season. This isn't the first time a team has sat their heir apparent for more than one season, and it certainly won't be the last.

Either way-Kolb WAS their top draft choice this year-good or bad, Reid needs to just put him in there and let him learn the ropes. He just can't sit on the bench forever.

Seems to me AR won't put him in until he's ready to start him, be it next year or the year after. Since he's adamantly said DM is his guy for next year, it makes sense KK won't be playing.

What doesn't make sense is BW playing.

Seems to me AR won't put him in until he's ready to start him, be it next year or the year after. Since he's adamantly said DM is his guy for next year, it makes sense KK won't be playing.

What doesn't make sense is BW playing.

There's no question Westbrook is a dynamic player-but here's the BIGGER question-how is his knee going to hold up in the long-term? Every week this year, he's hobbling off the field(although he dodged bullets every time), and he's practiced less and less as the season is wearing along.

And they're going to play on turf this week too(in the LA Superdome), which is why Reid should at least get some good looks at Tony Hunt.:2cents:

There's no question Westbrook is a dynamic player-but here's the BIGGER question-how is his knee going to hold up in the long-term? Every week this year, he's hobbling off the field(although he dodged bullets every time), and he's practiced less and less as the season is wearing along.

And they're going to play on turf this week too(in the LA Superdome), which is why Reid should at least get some good looks at Tony Hunt.:2cents:

That knee's been bothering him for over 2 years - that wouldn't be a reason he wouldn't play.

They can't win with Tony Hunt replacing WB, right now, and I really think Reid wants to win the last two. Plus, Hunt needs quite a bit of work on blitz pickup, as evidenced by last week, before he's allowed to be "the man" in the backfield.

I normally like Steve Martarano over on 610, but it really pissed me off how he and others acted like fans were absolute morons not to accept the fact that Kolb would be taking over for McNabb after this season. This isn't the first time a team has sat their heir apparent for more than one season, and it certainly won't be the last.

Between him and the Cuz, I have lost a lot of respect for the station (not that I had a lot to begin with). It's a shame now because the only tolerable thing about the station is the upcoming Wing Bowl and for that, you HAVE to listen to Angelo and the Morning Crew......but ironically, it has been them that has been making the most sense.

Archived