Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Ron Paul being interviewed by Glenn Beck right now on CNN Headline news

footballhenry

I 'm trying to watch but I already feel more stupid for having listened to the man. He wants NO taxes. NONE. So how do we pay for anything? National defense? That's right, shut it all down. The man is a MORON. :doh:

Actually he CLEARLY stated that these things could be paid for through 3 means (1) tariffs and trade (akin to pre-1913) (2) massive cuts in spending (3) giving more power to the 'free market' and less to the government

It actually makes perfect sense.

Also its good to remember that we never paid near as many taxes (ex: income tax) before 1913.

This 'empire' overseas is the reason for the enormous costs....either we learn from the mistakes of past empires (rome, greece) and get off this path of aggressive govt control and spending or we suffer the consequences.

Actually he CLEARLY stated that these things could be paid for through 3 means (1) tariffs and trade (akin to pre-1913) (2) massive cuts in spending (3) giving more power to the 'free market' and less to the government

Also its good to remember that we never paid near as many taxes (ex: income tax) before 1913.

This 'empire' overseas is the reason for the enormous costs....either we learn from the mistakes of past empires (rome, greece) and get off this path of aggressive govt control and spending or we suffer the consequences.

Well, that would be swell and everything if we all hopped in Ron Paul's time machine and travelled back to the world as it existed pre-1913. :doh:

His assessment of the Middle East and Israel in particular is downright idiotic. For such a smart man, I have to say that I have not seen anyone in his position with dumber foreign policy views.

Well, that would be swell and everything if we all hopped in Ron Paul's time machine and travelled back to the world as it existed pre-1913. :doh: .

I half expected him to advocate a tax on imported tea :laugh:

Increased tarrifs, eh? I thought RP wanted free trade?

It's actually a load of horse crap.

Tariffs and trade? Care to show some figures as to how much this would raise? How about "giving more power to the 'free market'"? Got any figures to back that up? Get back to me when you have some numbers and something more than slogans. :rolleyes:

oh look! The same few haters hijack yet another thread! Guys, I'm really tireing of your bunk at this point.

Take off your hate filled glasses and freaking listen for once!

he clearly said that he is against INCOME tax levied by the federal government, never once said ALL taxes as your posts indicated.

I'm also surprised that you failed to acknowledge that he categorically denied any belief in the 9/11 truth movement. Grow a pair and man up fellas. You dish out your tripe here for days on end whenever anything even remotely related to Ron Paul and mock those of us who simply like him as an alternative to the monotony of a virtual one party system (yes, I believe that at this stage most of the D's and R's are all for the same ugly agenda)

Find another hobby your latest is getting tiresome. I've tried my best for the past few weeks to always treat you with respect and acknowledge that you have a right to a differring opinion. Now you need to step up and give some of us at least that bit of respect too.

To close, Yes, I know your little club is having a ball going into every thread related to RP and bashing with the same tired and useless points just to make your schwantz look bigger to the ladies of the tailgate. I get that you outright hate him and very possibly hate the rest of us who support him. Yes gentlemen, we ALL get you and your obviously passionate beliefs. Now though, you have turned spiteful, rude and childish.

To the RP supporters, time to get away from this silly game that these very few are playing with you here. Treat them with the same respect that you desire and maybe they will actually act the same in return. We are no better if we go there and treat them poorly because we disagree with them. They have the same rights to their beliefs as we do, so please just respect them (even when its not deserved)

I'm off my soapbox and have let this gusher go, I wont bring this up again as it becomes fruitless.

oh look! The same few haters hijack yet another thread! Guys, I'm really tireing of your bunk at this point.

Take off your hate filled glasses and freaking listen for once!

he clearly said that he is against INCOME tax levied by the federal government, never once said ALL taxes as your posts indicated.

I'm also surprised that you failed to acknowledge that he categorically denied any belief in the 9/11 truth movement. Grow a pair and man up fellas. You dish out your tripe here for days on end whenever anything even remotely related to Ron Paul and mock those of us who simply like him as an alternative to the monotony of a virtual one party system (yes, I believe that at this stage most of the D's and R's are all for the same ugly agenda)

Find another hobby your latest is getting tiresome. I've tried my best for the past few weeks to always treat you with respect and acknowledge that you have a right to a differring opinion. Now you need to step up and give some of us at least that bit of respect too.

To close, Yes, I know your little club is having a ball going into every thread related to RP and bashing with the same tired and useless points just to make your schwantz look bigger to the ladies of the tailgate. I get that you outright hate him and very possibly hate the rest of us who support him. Yes gentlemen, we ALL get you and your obviously passionate beliefs. Now though, you have turned spiteful, rude and childish.

To the RP supporters, time to get away from this silly game that these very few are playing with you here. Treat them with the same respect that you desire and maybe they will actually act the same in return. We are no better if we go there and treat them poorly because we disagree with them. They have the same rights to their beliefs as we do, so please just respect them (even when its not deserved)

I'm off my soapbox and have let this gusher go, I wont bring this up again as it becomes fruitless.

NO. He said no federal taxes. No flat tax. NOTHING. He made that very clear. Basically he wants to shut the federal government down. He's a loon. A moron. A clod. A dolt. The village idiot. Shall I go on?

And I'm sorry if this offends you but I have a personal policy to call a loon a loon. Not to do so gives loons respectability that they do not deserve.

Tariffs and trade? Care to show some figures as to how much this would raise? How about "giving more power to the 'free market'"? Got any figures to back that up? Get back to me when you have some numbers and something more than slogans. :rolleyes:

Still waiting for some figures to back this up. :laugh:

NO. He said no federal taxes. No flat tax. NOTHING. He made that very clear. Basically he wants to shut the federal government down. He's a loon. A moron. A clod. A dolt. The village idiot. Shall I go on?

And I'm sorry if this offends you but I have a personal policy to call a loon a loon. Not to do so gives loons respectability that they do not deserve.

Care to provide a link of him actually saying this because here is what he actually says about taxes and debt on his official website.

Debt and Taxes

Working Americans like lower taxes. So do I. Lower taxes benefit all of us, creating jobs and allowing us to make more decisions for ourselves about our lives.

Whether a tax cut reduces a single mother’s payroll taxes by $40 a month or allows a business owner to save thousands in capital gains taxes and hire more employees, that tax cut is a good thing. Lower taxes allow more spending, saving, and investing which helps the economy — that means all of us.

Real conservatives have always supported low taxes and low spending.

But today, too many politicians and lobbyists are spending America into ruin. We are nine trillion dollars in debt as a nation. Our mounting government debt endangers the financial future of our children and grandchildren. If we don’t cut spending now, higher taxes and economic disaster will be in their future — and yours.

In addition, the Federal Reserve, our central bank, fosters runaway debt by increasing the money supply — making each dollar in your pocket worth less. The Fed is a private bank run by unelected officials who are not required to be open or accountable to “we the people.”

Worse, our economy and our very independence as a nation is increasingly in the hands of foreign governments such as China and Saudi Arabia, because their central banks also finance our runaway spending.

We cannot continue to allow private banks, wasteful agencies, lobbyists, corporations on welfare, and governments collecting foreign aid to dictate the size of our ballooning budget. We need a new method to prioritize our spending. It’s called the Constitution of the United States.

Care to provide a link of him actually saying this because here is what he actually says about taxes and debt on his official website.
Well we do have figures to back up the way this country has spent for almost 100 years now. 9 Trillion in the red! Care to offer any solutions or are you just going to continue to call names?

Owned on both counts.

Well we do have figures to back up the way this country has spent for almost 100 years now. 9 Trillion in the red! Care to offer any solutions or are you just going to continue to call names?

Nice avoidance of my question. But if it makes you feel better.... Ron Paul is a moron. :D

Owned on both counts.

Only a Ron Paul cultist would consider me owned since:

A) He said it last night on the show this thread is talking about. And when Beck pressed him he repeated... "No federal income tax, and NO flat tax"

B) Asking me a different question in response to my question of where the money for ANY federal government would come from under Paul's moronic plan is not an answer. It's an avoidance of the reality that Ron Paul is a loon.

Quote:

Originally Posted by footballhenry

Tariffs and trade? Care to show some figures as to how much this would raise? How about "giving more power to the 'free market'"? Got any figures to back that up? Get back to me when you have some numbers and something more than slogans.

And since people keep accusing me of having no substance to my argument, maybe someone can answer my question.

pointless. He can't have an intelligent conversation without calling names.

Ignore his name calling and address his points. People will respect you all the more for it. I didn't see the piece, but:

1. Did Paul say that the federal budget should consist only of money raised based on tarrifs and other similar taxation methods and no direct taxation on individuals?

2. If not, then clearly articulate what he did say.

3. If so, then realistically how much money would the federal goverment have to operate.

Otherwise the only real logical conclusion is that despite his name calling that he his is right on the issues, and that you can't refute his points so you are reduced to pointing out that he is calling names.

Ignore his name calling and address his points.

It's not name calling, we've been over this. It's calling a spade a spade.

What is wrong with this picture? Loony bin goes on TV, makes loony statements... people call him a loon are accused of namecalling?

I suppose if we were to call Fidel Castro a tyrant that would be namecalling too? :rolleyes:

It's not name calling, we've been over this. It's calling a spade a spade.

What is wrong with this picture? Loony bin goes on TV, makes loony statements... people call him a loon are accused of namecalling?

I suppose if we were to call Fidel Castro a tyrant that would be namecalling too? :rolleyes:

Ding! :cheers:

I suppose if we were to call Fidel Castro a tyrant that would be namecalling too? :rolleyes:.....

Hmm, good food for thought.

But if we're in the business of calling a spade a spade...then let's add to FC: dictator, assasin and oppressor. When we're on that topic, of course.

Now back to the thread...

Archived