Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

What about Blades? - LB core

Muzzah

There hasnt been any threads on Blades yet. He played pretty solid last night. Didnt notice miss any tackles or out of position. He wasnt noticeable but at the same time thats good because it means he did his job eating blocks. Plus he was playing RLB right? And he is naturally a MLB.

Future is looking good for the LB core, especially with London in there to mentor and lead by example.

There hasnt been any threads on Blades yet. He played pretty solid last night. Didnt notice miss any tackles or out of position. He wasnt noticeable but at the same time thats good because it means he did his job eating blocks. Plus he was playing RLB right? And he is naturally a MLB.

Future is looking good for the LB core, especially with London in there to mentor and lead by example.

If he is trying to earn a bigger part of the team then that is a problem. He needed to make an impact like he did in preseason. Preseason he led the NFl in tackles and yet when it counted they never called his name.

Blades is most impressive to me as a tackler. He flat out stood up Jacobs at one point and put him on the ground, and then told him as much. :laugh:

He has a very impressive understanding of how to use his smaller stature to gain leverage.

Well said. All I have seen him do is make plays when given the opportunity. He appears to have a really solid understanding of the game.

H.B Blades did well. A rookie from the 6th round (?) getting a start, and me not noticing him. I ALWAYS notice when someone does something detrimental, and Blades never caught my eye. He always impressed me bringing down Jacobs, and even knocking him backwards a couple times.

A couple tmes this year I've had to ask "who's number 54?" before realizing that H.B.'s in. He made his presence felt right away last night on the Jacobs stick.

I like that LFB can mentor him since they're similarly built, but even more, I like that we're not afraid to acquire guys who can play, even if they don't run a 4.3 or have a 48" vertical leap.

The front 7 is set for a few years if we can get a little younger here (DE) or there (OLB).

HTTR

I agree it'll be fun to watch this kid grow. I was excited when we picked him up because he's a tackling machine. I'm pretty sure he lead the Big East in tackles for at least 3 of his 4 years, and really stood out at Pitt.

He's London's size and like Fletch all he does is go out and make tackles. AAAAND he's a 6th rounder so if he turns out to be decent he's cheap. Gotta love that.

You've seen way too little of BB, and RM has played way too well, for you to be saying that. Personally, I think an LB corps with Rocky at Will and Blades at Mike will be stout.

Rocky has been solid but isnt anywhere near being a probowl LB.

Blades is a baller he can hit. When I see him he rarely misses tackle.

Archived