Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Are the Fans here who want Campbell back in ASAP serious?

michael_33

No question. But the complaint is that good/great quarterbacks would have pulled out wins for us.

You know very well this is not an accurate characterization of the Giants game.

If your point is that TC's praise is premature, you are probably right. It is just that what I have seen of him confirms my suspicion TC is a good QB.

here's what I know: TC hasn't distinguished himself. He has refrained from errors against teams that were either in a downspin (Chicago) or played a bad game (Gints). So...kudos to TC for coming in and managing some victories. Lets hope it continues. But...JC is the starting QB...has played well...and has better tools than TC.

TC limitations

- isn't mobile

- doesn't have a strong arm

- let's be clear on this: he has limited experience. Yes...he knows the offense. But that's only half the equation. He hasn't played in a long time...he doesn't know the defenses.

Are we lucky that he is here and helping the team to win? Absolutely. Is he an improvement over JC? Please..the question is embarassing.

Are we lucky that he is here and helping the team to win? Absolutely. Is he an improvement over JC? Please..the question is embarassing.

Yes, the question is extremely embarrassing. Only because the answer is 'maybe'. No one has any tangible proof either way. Both sides of the argument can make some valid points.

here's what I know: TC hasn't distinguished himself. He has refrained from errors against teams that were either in a downspin (Chicago) or played a bad game (Gints). So...kudos to TC for coming in and managing some victories. Lets hope it continues. But...JC is the starting QB...has played well...and has better tools than TC.

TC limitations

- isn't mobile

- doesn't have a strong arm

- let's be clear on this: he has limited experience. Yes...he knows the offense. But that's only half the equation. He hasn't played in a long time...he doesn't know the defenses.

I understand the overall thrust of your view. I also agree with your points about TC's physical limitations.

I would disagree "somewhat" regarding two points you made. First, you said that TC doesn't know the defenses. I think this can be debated based on play-by-play analysis with coach's perspective. We don't really have access to that. Secondly, I consider the Giants game as extremely well played by TC. I will cite wind conditions, timely thrown passes due to his very good reads on defense, selling run plays when necessary, etc., and you will cite his potential interceptions, low completion rate etc.

In the next few weeks, I think we will get a better idea.

Puhhhhhlease

Yes, the question is extremely embarrassing. Only because the answer is 'maybe'. No one has any tangible proof either way. Both sides of the argument can make some valid points.

Puhlease! Stop it already. What did JC do to tick you off. Did he not come in and play like Romo sits to pee? Guess what... that is a rarity. not the norm. I get the feeling that the only reason why people are getting so antsy is because they are jealous and dont have braggin rights of who has the best QB right now.

Truth is, JC has played amazingly well sometimes. He has also made some costly mistakes. This does not mean he is Grossman by any means.

the fact that these debate even exist is just an embarrassment and proof positive of the fickleness of many a Redskin fan.

Have we become so used to the "win now" mentality that Danny brought on board that we are buying into it?

If a coach has a few nad games, lets get rid of him because we need to win now.

If Our stud RB has some bumps and bruises, well lets just trade him while he is worth something because we need to win now.

If our VERY YOUNF AND INEXPERIENCED QB has a few bad games, lets bench his ass becasue we need to win now.

I guess Snyder has won you over. you have bought into that mentallity and as long it stays that way, you wont have to worry about winning now... in fact, you wont have to worry about winning... becuase you never will.

Good post but I want our kid back out there.

There is a reason that Collins has been a reserve for 10 years.

Do you think its a conspiracy against him?

He has done a great job coming in for us. JC is our QB though.

Maybe it has something to do with the fact Trent Green has been an amazing quarterback?...

just maybe..:doh:

Right so he went to KC after no one wanted him after his utter peformances in Buffalo?

In Buffalo, he was essentially a "rookie," playing for 1 year after Jim Kelley.

Then he was discarded because there was a change in coaching staff/philosophy. Enter Wade Phillips. After that, he became a backup in KC.

Coach Vermeil indicated that he recognized TC's talent, and they tried to get TC a starting job. But in the NFL, where impressions are sometimes more important than the reality, other teams wouldn't bite.

So, yes, TC can be a diamond in the rough. (He can also be another worthless piece of rock, of course). Time will tell. Give the guy a chance.

Puhhhhhlease

Puhlease! Stop it already. What did JC do to tick you off. Did he not come in and play like Romo sits to pee? Guess what... that is a rarity. not the norm. I get the feeling that the only reason why people are getting so antsy is because they are jealous and dont have braggin rights of who has the best QB right now.

I guess Snyder has won you over. you have bought into that mentallity and as long it stays that way, you wont have to worry about winning now... in fact, you wont have to worry about winning... becuase you never will.

I'm sorry...I didn't know you had access to the exclusive evidence that shows Campbell will be an All-Pro. Since you do, I retract all my statements. I certainly can't prove my theory that he will not be...it's good to know that you can prove yours.

Please check my posts...I hate Dan and all he has done to my favorite team. And you are right, he may never win. Yet certain people will sit around stating that the future is so bright because of a young QB that has not proven a damn thing.

At least, not to me.

Noone wants JC to come back before he is cleared to play, that's a ludicrous thing. But if we make it to the playoffs and JC Is ready to play, we HAVE to play him, he needs that experience. Period.

If we get in the playoffs, are you suggesting that the coaching staff bench Todd after we have beaten the Bears, the Giants on the road, the Vikings on the road, and Cowboys in a four week stretch? Your suggesting that we bench Todd for a QB that hasn't played in four weeks and lost his four prior starts because he needs the experience? I certainly hope that our coaching staff has more sense than that. I think that they do.

Whoever you are.. read this!

---------------------------

1)Even if you were right...(which you're not)

I stopped reading right there. See, this would be your opinion, not fact. So, no thanks.

If Todd keeps winning, let him stay in. If we make the playoffs, keep Collins in. I have no problem with that. Campbell is going to be the future. You want him to come back from injury ASAP so he can get more reps and keep developing. You don't give up on him after less than a full year at starter. If the Vikings will stick with Tavaris Jackson, we absolutely can stay with JC. No chance you can build for the future with Collins, JC will develop and get better. Where would the Colts be if they gave up on Peyton after two years? He threw more INTs than TDs. Much to early to pass judgement on #17.

I'm fine with Collins for now, but not after this year.

Archived