Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Letting locals know the rediculous chance the Skins host the NFC Championship game!!!

michael_33

OK...let me put down the crack pipe for a sec...(thought I would say this before someone else...)

I want everyone to know that there is the slim possibility that the Redskins host the NFC Championship game IF everything played out in this dream world.... :cheers:

IF the Redskins win out and the Giants lose out and the Vikings only lose to us....this would create a 3-way tie at 9-7.

Being that the Giants and Skins would have identical everything(conf,Div,non-div wins)as well as a split,the Giants would be eliminated from the playoffs.

We would win the (head-to-head)tiebreaker over the Vikings and the Vikes would win the (head-to-head)tiebreaker over the Giants...(I'm also assuming the Saints,Lions and Cardinals are finished by this time)

This would give the Skins the 5th seed and the Vikings the 6th seed...

As the standings look now....(and the scenario)

------------------------------

#1)Dallas

#2)GB

#3)Seattle

#4)TB

#5)Skins

#6)Vikings

Vikings@Seattle=Vikings

Skins@TB=Skins

Vikings@Dallas=Vikings

Skins@GB=Skins

NFC Championship Game

-----------------------

Vikings@Redskins=?

Just thought I would let you LOCAL dreamers have something to think about.... :cheers:

Of course....Your odds of winning the Powerball might be greater,but don't fret about it!

That would also mean nailbiters all the way till the end of the Dallas finale (win-in,lose out scenario)and I really don't need that stress right now over the Holidays...just don't!

Being that the Giants and Skins would have identical everything(conf,Div,non-div wins)as well as a split,the Giants would be eliminated from the playoffs.

This is not true. If we had identical everything, the tie-breaker would go to points scored, and I think the Giants have scored way more points than us. Minnesota would be the odd man out, and we would be stuck in the 6th seed.

In fact, I think our best option at this point is the 6th seed - so it is impossible for us to host a playoff game. :(

EDIT: Actually, we are sitting at 253 points scored, the Giants at 290. So we would have to put up some serious points in the last three games, and hope that the Giants offense struggles. It could go to some sort of crazy shootout like Green Bay was in a few years ago on the last game of the season.

If we and the Giants both finished 9-7, the division tiebreaker is applied first before anyone is compared to a team from a different division. We would have the tiebreaker based on better record in common games, as we would be up one game based on us beating Minny and the Giants losing to Minny. We would get in over Giants, and Minny, and Minny would get in over Giants.

Similarly, We could also get in losing to Minny and finishing 8-8.... if the Lions and Minny finished 8-8 and the Lions had the tiebreaker over Minny (remains to be seen based on games still to be played). Lions would be the first wild card team from that division, and we would have tiebreaker over them. Of course, in that scenario, the Cards would also have to finish 8-8 and the Saints 7-9, which is not likely.

All that being said, we pretty much have to finish 9-7 and have Saints lose today.

This is not true. If we had identical everything, the tie-breaker would go to points scored, and I think the Giants have scored way more points than us. Minnesota would be the odd man out, and we would be stuck in the 6th seed.

Since the Giants and the Skins beat each other in the division, the next tie braker is conference record and we would have a better conference record than the Giants. Points scored is one of if not the last tie braker scenario out of many.

Since the Giants and the Skins beat each other in the division, the next tie braker is conference record and we would have a better conference record than the Giants. Points scored is one of if not the last tie braker scenario out of many.

I believe record against common opponents is before conference record which is where we would have NYG nailed 7-5 to 6-6.

vs. Dal: Was 1-1, NYG 0-2

vs. Phi: Was 1-1, NYG 2-0

vs. Chi: Was 1-0, NYG 1-0

vs. Det: Was 1-0, NYG 1-0

vs. GrB: Was 0-1, NYG 0-1

vs. Min: Was 1-0, NYG 0-1

vs. Buf: Was 0-1, NYG 0-1

vs. Mia: Was 1-0, NYG 1-0

vs. NEn: Was 0-1, NYG 0-1

vs. NYJ: Was 1-0, NYG 1-0

======== ======== =======

Summary: Was 7-5, NYG 6-6