Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Darrell Green Autographs

manchild

Some of you already probably know this but if you go to Darrell Green's website, it provides instructions for getting items you may want signed by Darrell Green autographed. There is a fee per item and price range is based on type of item you send in to get autograph. Most of the prices are reasonable if you were to go to an autograph signing at a collectors show. Im sending in a nice artist card of Darrell Green to get signed with SASE for $25. The other items are a little to rich for my blodd so close to XMAS. Here is link to site;

http://www.darrellgreen.com/for_the_fans/autograph_signing.html

I have been at the player entrance in the latter years of his career and he really views autographs as an imposition on him. He never once stopped to sign anything for anyone in the times I was there.

The skin I saw take the most time was Marcus Washington. He really appreciated the fans that were there.

The best autograph expierences I had were when the Redskins had training camp at Dickenson College in PA. There was a lot more access to players and you could meet almost all of them and get their autographs. When they moved training camp back to Redskins park, it really took a great expierence away from the fans in my opinion. Nice to stand outside talking to Ladell Betts and ask him if he had any indication he would be drafted by Redskins or talking to Chris Samuels while he is sitting on his bike and ask him to Pancake Hugh Douglas the next time they play the Eagles cause your tired of hearing him talk trash. Pretty funny. Awesome time.

Agree manchild that's when it was fun to be a fan at practice. Now it's like crowded, you hardly get any contact with the players. Even to get to say welcone to Washington, no all you get is mobbed and smacked becuase 50 people are trying to get someone's autographs. But most improtant movig back to Carlisle would be great for the team but too bad Gibbs doesn't realize it

Because my mother is awesome, she got his autograph for me when I was just a little gal living out east, some promo thing he was doing at AAFB. Of course, he spelled my name wrong.

I would've just changed my name, but he wrote: "To Disha"

I just couldn't bear to be called Disha. But whatever, DG, I still love you, even though I can't say you named me.

I have been at the player entrance in the latter years of his career and he really views autographs as an imposition on him. He never once stopped to sign anything for anyone in the times I was there.

The skin I saw take the most time was Marcus Washington. He really appreciated the fans that were there.

I agree with you on this HOF. I took my son back to the tunnel after his first game (Skins win over Philly with Trent Gren) Most of the guys were great, Trent being one of them. Charles Mann was outside and I asked him where DG was, He said "Oh, he waits until everyone leaves" Then I see vehicles coming out of the tunnel. Mann says "There he goes" I was like What the EFF?????

I always told my son about what a great guy DG was and how he cared about his team and his fans, and he pulls this crap?

I will always respect him as a player, but I will NOT pay him the outrageous money he wants for an autograph.

http://www.darrellgreen.com/for_the_fans/autograph_signing.html

LOVE YA DG, but forget it.

Can you imagine how swamped he would be for requests, if getting his autograph was free? People would send him everything they own. He would be so overwhelmed he wouldnt sign ANY autographs. The second reason that he charges for autographs is, if he didnt, store owners would simply have him sign all of their stuff for free, and then sell it to customers and make a fortune ripping people off. Third, I wouldnt be surprised if a large portion of the money from each autograph goes to charity.

Theres no way signing autographs for free, as a HOF'er makes any sense, whatsoever, in any parallel dimension. Unfortunately it just wouldnt work(unless its in person).

Archived