Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

We make the playoffs and JC is healthy?

RWJ

You all knew the question was coming sometime or another. Do we keep rolling with Todd Collins or do we replace him with JC? Personally, don't fix something that is working. Unless, Todd Collins is injured you keep playing him. Responses/Comments please.

You all knew the question was coming sometime or another. Do we keep rolling with Todd Collins or do we replace him with JC? Personally, don't fix something that is working. Unless, Todd Collins is injured you keep playing him. Responses/Comments please.

Certainly a valid question, and a tough one at that. I'd start off by thinking that Gibbs LOVES the vets. So I wouldn't be shocked to see him there. At the same time, regardless, we're NOT winning a SB with the Pats playing like they are. With that in mind, Collins isn't the future of this team, Campbell is, and playoff experience is the best there is.

If we make it too the playoffs then TC should be at the helm. He would deserve it.

I disagree. #1 JC needs to heal. #2 I don't think you want to change your QB when your winning. I understand that you marvel at what JC does, but I think it has to wait until TC is injured, GOD forbid or next season for JC.

Certainly a valid question, and a tough one at that. I'd start off by thinking that Gibbs LOVES the vets. So I wouldn't be shocked to see him there. At the same time, regardless, we're NOT winning a SB with the Pats playing like they are. With that in mind, Collins isn't the future of this team, Campbell is, and playoff experience is the best there is.

I agree, accept I think that if we make it to the playoffs then we have just a good of shot as any.

I think JC should be placed back in the starting lineup. He is our guy for the future.

If we get knocked out of the playoffs with Collins playing, that means JC never gets the playoff experience which is so valuable. If this happens, then next year when we make the playoffs and we get knocked out early because JC throws 3 interceptions everyone will be ticked that he did not gain the experience this year and everyone will scream that he is not the right QB for the team (much like some of you are doing now).

Let the man get the experience now, we might not go far anyway. I always say better now then later.

No doubt put JC back in as soon as he is able. He is our starter, presumably for years to come, and when he can play put him back at the helm. I appreciate what Collins did last week as much as the next guy but c'mon. There's a reason he's not a starter in this league, look at his career stats. 56% completion 19 td's 19 picks and a whopping 3,671 total yards over 13 years. He got 6.1% of his CAREER total yards last week. That being said, if he is going to have a career moment, I hope its the next few games. Not bashing Collins but JC is no doubt the guy.

This certainly is a tough question but I really am shocked that so far only one person said that JC should get his job back if healthy and ready to go.

I understand that TC had a terrific game but I highly doubt he will be able to continue that over the next three games. However, even given the hypothetical, TC is the back up for a reason and JC simply brings more to the table than TC.

Man, it sure would be a nice problem to have though!

:gaintsuck

if the wins are coming via the passing game, keep collins in.

if portis/betts are the reasons for the win, throw JC back.

Tough one. J.C. is the starter when healthy, so if he were to be healthy during the playoffs, logic can dictate he gets to start. However, if the team is doing that well with Collins, then have to take that into consideration. Ah, decisions, decisions. :)

Archived