The Redskins offense currently looks like this

Points Per Game : 19.5 (21st)

Yards Per Game : 331.1 (17th)

Passing Yards Per Game: 217.2 (15th)

Rushing Yards Per Game: 113.9 (13th)

The Redskins defense currently looks like this

Points Given Up Per Game: 21 (14th)

Yards Given Up Per Game : 317.8 (11th)

Passing Yards Given Up Per Game: 222.9 (23rd)

Rushing Yards Given Up Per Game: 94.8

Passing Leader: Jason Campbell 2,700 yards 12 TDs 11 INTs

Rushing Leader: Clinton Portis 956 yards 7 TDs, Ladell Betts 256 yards

Receiving Leaders: Chris Cooley 677 yards 7 TDs, Antwaan Randle El 636 yards

The Giants offense currently looks like this

Points Per Game: 22.3 (16th)

Yards Per Game: 330.5 (18th)

Passing Yards Per Game: 204.2 (19th)

Rushing Yards Per Game: 126.2 (7th)

The Giants defense currently looks like this

Points Given Up Per Game: 20.8 (12th)

Yards Given Up Per Game: 302.8 (7th)

Passing Yards Given Up Per Game: 206.8 (10th)

Rushing Yards Given Up Per Game: 96.1 (7th)

Passing Leader: Eli Manning 2,790 yards 18 TDs 17 INTs

Rushing Leader: Brandon Jacobs 669 yards 2 TD, Derrick Ward 602 yards 3 TDs

Receiving Leader: Plaxico Burress 900 yards 10 TDs, Amani Toomer 620 yards 3 TDs

The Redskins are going to have to shutdown their rush and make Manning throw. Manning has just 1 more TD than he does INTs so pressuring him early and often to make him make mistakes.

The Redskins are going to have problems not matter what we do passing or rushing in this game. The Redskins best bet is to attack them through the air as the line has been terrible and creating holes over the pass few weeks and the Giants defense is stingy when it comes to giving up rushing yards. That being said Todd Collins will probably use quick drops so he can get the ball off early to fend off the Giants pass rush. This will make them respect the passing game and rush less, hopefully setting up some yards on the ground

What do you guys think?

Stopping the run is the one thing the Redskins will NOT be able to do.

The Giants will run silly on the Redskins weak D-Line.

The Giants average 4.4 yards per carry.

The Redskin's secondary will need to cover the Giants WRs. This will leave the Giants wide open to run the ball.

Manning will have all day in the pocket because of the Redskin's weak pass rush. The Redskins will not blitz because the Giants acn easily pick up the blitz and will have plenty of WRs to throw to.

In addition to this, I look for Collins to throw about 3 picks in this game.

The good news is that Collins looks like he gets rid of the ball quickly (granted that is based on basically a half of a game) and the Giants secondary is beat up. Everyone has been stacking the line against the skins expecting a running play, so that should open up some passing lanes.

As for defensively, Eli makes some really risky, dumb passes every game....even when faced with minimal pressure. I agree that we are going to hav a hard time stopping their running game.

I think it'll be a close game really.

Score more points??????

Seriously though...

QB protection is paramount. We can NOT allow Strahan a free pass into the backfield all game.

Blitzing Manning is a serious risk. Carter has to get in there and lay some hits on EliMay to rattle him.

I don't know if Collins has the moxie to pull this one off

The Redskin's secondary will need to cover the Giants WRs. This will leave the Giants wide open to run the ball.

Manning will have all day in the pocket because of the Redskin's weak pass rush. The Redskins will not blitz because the Giants acn easily pick up the blitz and will have plenty of WRs to throw to.

I love the in-depth analysis...

It's all about stopping their run. We need to put the ball and game in Eli's hands and hope we can force some mistakes. That shouldn't be too hard with Eli.

And Philly did a good job keeping Brandon Jacobs in check last week, I definitely think our defense can handle that if they're prepared.

I get the impression that Saunders is more comfortable opening up the offense with Collins than he was with Campbell. So hopefully we won't have to say we were to conservative. I think i'd rather say we lost the game because of to many mistakes over saying we lost because we didn't give the offense a chance.

Antonio Pierce! Is that you? :laugh:

We need to play 4 qtrs of football.

Exactly, if we play 60 monutes of football, this really should be a very winnable game for the Redskins. I don't believe you will see the same conservative play calling this game as we did the 2nd half of the first meeting with the Giants.

And Philly did a good job keeping Brandon Jacobs in check last week, I definitely think our defense can handle that if they're prepared.

yep. jacobs doesn't scare me at all. the guy is so big he is an easy target. injury prone and a fumbler, jacobs definitely is no tiki.

As good as I feel about having Collins running this offense, I still have a hard time knowing that we are going to be playing in a **** and wind storm on nasty astro-turf in the Jersey Meadowlands.

Our defense needs to step up and have biggest game of the year. It will not be easy, but if we can score points off of turnovers, or get turnovers in their territory, we will have a much better shot at winning this game.

It is going to come down to the last couple of drives in the 4th quarter. No doubt about that.

We CANNOT win this game by settling for FG's ... we need to get it in the end zone. I believe it won't be easy, but we can win this game.

shut up already dude. I dont think I have seen one positive post from you. You can leave anytime you want. You act like were play payton manning. Get a grip.

I think the Redskins can win the game as well. They need to get at least one turnover in the game without doing the same. Turnovers have really been the turning point in the previous 5 games for the Redskins. Unfortunately the ratio has only been in the Redskins favor once, and they won that game. It might be easier to do this now that we don't have the turnover machine Jason Campbell playing. Not that I hate Campbell or anything. I know he needs time to get better but he is definitely a turnover machine 11 INTs and 12 fumbles 8 of which were lost.

We beat the Giants as the Big Bad Dragon comes down and blows fire on their Defensive Line!!!

Come one, come all, as the Redskins will either play 4 Quarters of close game, non-risky football and loose it in the 4th Quarter... or let Tod Collins go for it and pull all the stops and try and make the playoffs.

I think we saw a hint of Gibbs going for it in the last game. I like it and hope they bring it, as they have nothing to loose now!!!!

We win if we don't get conservative with a three point lead. Keep hitting them, and keep hitting them. They WILL break.

I am going to agree with this since the Redskins have either won or lost every game, other than the Lions and Patriots games, by one score.

Sadly, I see a loss against the Giants.

Gibbs has NEVER been successful against the Giants in the Meadowlands. Collins will be exposed as a journeyman QB; he will spend too much time on his back. The OL will give up too many sacks.

We cannot run the football. Our secondary will be victimized: who covers Plaxico? Who covers Shocky? He will run past Reed Doughty. We were unable to cover them when we had Rogers and ST. When a 3rd string RB for the Bills looks like an All-Pro against us, I fear what Jacobs will do. The bad weather predicted for NY will place a premium on a running game, a game we cannot play.

End of season.

:(

Archived