Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Ripley's believe it or not?There is a chance we get in at 8-8!..But it will be tough!

michael_33

At this point in the season, we are all pretty much saying that we need to win out to get in at 9-7....Which is the most realistic scenario! :rolleyes:

But there is this slight possibilty that we sneak in at 8-8 which would be the 1st time in Skins history in doing so...

Here is what we need to happen....

----------------------------------

1st)We cannot lose to the Vikings...1 of our 2 wins has to be from them!Which means that we realistically can lose to either the Giants or the Cowboys and still get in as that #6th seed...OVR record would be 8-8.

To be determined

2nd)The Vikings can only win 1 of the 3 games remaining (not us)...They can beat the Bears or the @Broncos but no more...If this happens then they would also be 8-8.(we would own the tiebreaker)

Lets hope the Bears take care of buisness Monday Night!

3rd)The Saints can also only win 1 more game as a tied record would see them leap us for the WC as their Conference record would be better...They must finish the season at 7-9 for us to beat them out of the Playoffs!At currently 6-7, they must lose 2 of the next 3 games on their schedule which is the Cardinals,Eagles and @Bears...Their record would be 7-9.

They got that win vs.Arizona...no more for them(Eagles and Bears)TBD

4th)All we need from the Lions is 1 more loss and then we own them...At 6-7 they still play a tough @Chargers,Chiefs and @Packers...As long as they don't win all 3(which is unlikely)then we won't have to worry about them!So 1 more loss and they drop off the list,as we would own the tiebreaker over them at 8-8!

SD kicked their butt...!Their done!

5th)All we need from the Cardinals is for them to lose 1 more game...They still play @Saints,Falcons and the Rams.Unfortunately...we probably need 1 of their wins to be against the Saints since they(Saints) are in better position for the Playoffs!But it's not a definate must....We own the Cardinals in the tiebreaker so an 8-8 record would send them packing.

Their also done!

6th)All we would need for the Panthers is for them to lose 1 more game as they sit at 5-8...This is so because they would beat us out if in case of a tied record with their conference record...They still play Seahawks,Cowboys and @Bucs and would finish 7-9 in this scenario.Likely scenario since they can't win at home for some reason!

They upset Seattle so it's up to Dallas or Bucs...

7)If we beat Dallas or the Giants then the Eagles are done!If the Eagles lose to Dallas then it doesn't matter what we do...The Eagles MUST have my posted scenario here on this thread to have a prayer and I'm not sure they still get in....They could help US along the way however....They still play @Dallas,@Saints and the Bills.(We need them to beat the Saints for this scenario to really help us out...)

Eagles won which sucks,but so did we... :cheers:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Perfect scenario that gets the Skins in the Playoffs as the #6th seed at an 8-8 record is this!

VikingsVSBears=Loss

VikingsVSSkins=Loss

VikingsVS@Broncos=Win/Loss

----------------------------------

Vikings finish season at 8-8 or 7-9

SaintsVSCardinals=Win/Loss(prefer loss)

SaintsVSEagles=Loss

SaintsVS@Bears=Loss

-----------------------------------

Saints finish season 7-9 or 6-10

LionsVS@Chargers=Loss(It doesn't matter which game the Lions lose)

LionsVSChiefs=Win/Loss

LionsVS@Packers=Win/Loss

-----------------------------

Lions finish season 6-10 thru 8-8

CardinalsVS@Saints=Win/Loss(prefer win)

CardinalsVSFalcons=Loss(It doesn't matter which game the Cards lose)

CardinalsVSRams=Win/Loss

--------------------------------

Cardinals finish season 6-10 thru 8-8

PanthersVSSeahawks=Loss(It doesn't matter which game CAR loses)

PanthersVSCowboys=Win/Loss

PanthersVS@Bucs=Win/Loss

-------------------------------

Panthers finish season 5-11 thru 7-9

EaglesVS@Dallas=Loss(It doesn't matter which game Philly loses)

EaglesVS@Saints=Win(not required,but would be nice)

EaglesVSBills=Win/Loss

------------------------

Eagles finish season 5-11 thru 7-9

Sidenote:The Bears and Eagles could really help us out since these 2 are all but pretty much finished for postseason play...The Bears could help us by knocking off the @Vikings and the Saints!As long as we finish 8-8,the Bears could win out and it would not matter....The Eagles play the Saints and could help us there...All of these scenarios are probably unlikely to happen,but definately not impossible as this season has been wacko!

If the Saints and Vikings start to collapse,we could very realistically sneak in the 6th spot at 8-8...Just remember these things....Vikings with 1 loss and the Saints with 2 losses and 8-8 could do it!

Ripley's believe it.............or not! :D

Lions and Cards are done!!....So to speak

Vikings are redskins of 2005. They will go to playoff and knock out seattle/TB in the first round. They peak at the right time with a powerful runing game and play great defense. You can make all the jokes of T Jackson but he completed 70% of passes in their recent three games.

Vikings are redskins of 2005. They will go to playoff and knock out seattle/TB in the first round. They peak at the right time with a powerful runing game and play great defense. You can make all the jokes of T Jackson but he completed 70% of passes in their recent three games.

Valid comparison. I'm not going to get my hopes up. At the beginning of the season, it was a game I expected us to win. At this point, things have changed.

No we couldn't. If we went 8-8 with a L to Minnesota, they would finish at worst 8-8 because they already have 7 wins. They would also have the tie-break on us

It wouldn't matter if they are tied with detroit as well.

See my post from the other thread...

IF we lose to Minnesota, but beat the Giants & Dallas, we'll finish at 8-8

IF Minnesota beats us, but loses to Chicago & Denver, they too will finish 8-8. Their division record will be 2-4, their conference record 6-6.

IF Detroit wins 2 of their last three games (vs San Diego, Kansas City, & Green Bay, it doesn't matter who they beat), at worst they would also be 8-8, with a division record of either 4-2 or 3-3.

Based on that, Detroit would win the tiebreaker over the Vikings, and our game against Minnesota would be meaningless. You're back to where we are now, hoping New Orleans loses once (or in this scenario, twice).

So there, we can get in even with a loss to the Vikings...... :)

I believe this is correct if the Skins, Vikes, and Lions are tied, the Lions could knock the Vikes out by division record and we'd knock the Lions out by H2H. Still, New Orleans would still need to go 1-2 the rest of the way.

Division records do not come into play as tiebreakers for the Wildcard spot (they only come into play for DIV Champion).

http://www.nfl.com/standings/tiebreakingprocedures

Division records do not come into play as tiebreakers for the Wildcard spot (they only come into play for DIV Champion).

http://www.nfl.com/standings/tiebreakingprocedures

I may be wrong, but from the link you gave, the wildcard three-way tiebreaker rules says that division record comes into play first among teams from the same division.

Its all so complex, I'de rather let it play out, but its fun to speculate. I'm certainly not rooting for us to back into the playoffs with a losing record.

I hope we get an early Christmas present from Chicago Tomorrow night!

Remember...?The more teams lose in my scenario,the more possible we slip in even at 8-8.....

It's very possible...POSSIBLE....That the Redskins are in the playoffs no matter if they win/lose against the Cowboys...keep that in mind!

A bears win would really make this possible!

Archived