Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

LT shouldn't have scored in OT

bubba9497

Tomlinson in my book is bar far the biggest jerk/cry baby in the NFL.

Players like him destroy teams from within.

L.T. is the greatest team player in the NFL. Marty Schottenheimer claimed L.T. was the finest player and human being he has ever coached. So who am I gonna believe, one of the best coaches ever or some Tony Romo sits to pee nutsack hugger?

L.T. never showboats, never brings attention to himself, he lets his play do the talking. So what if he wants to win and he rides Rivers ass a little bit? Rivers is the cry baby ***** boy prima donna, remember after the Eli trade Rivers still wanted number #1 money?

L.T. wants to win period. He gets pissed off at times probably because his teammates aren't as professional as he is, remember they are immature pro athletes who get paid win or lose.

:dallasuck :dallasuck :dallasuck :dallasuck :dallasuck :dallasuck :laugh:

L.T. is the greatest team player in the NFL. Marty Schottenheimer claimed L.T. was the finest player and human being he has ever coached. So who am I gonna believe, one of the best coaches ever or some Tony Romo sits to pee nutsack hugger?

L.T. never showboats, never brings attention to himself, he lets his play do the talking. So what if he wants to win and he rides Rivers ass a little bit? Rivers is the cry baby ***** boy prima donna, remember after the Eli trade Rivers still wanted number #1 money?

L.T. wants to win period. He gets pissed off at times probably because his teammates aren't as professional as he is, remember they are immature pro athletes who get paid win or lose.

:dallasuck :dallasuck :dallasuck :dallasuck :dallasuck :dallasuck :laugh:

FWIW-it seems like Norv Turner teams tend to have alot of conflicts b/w players and coaches(i.e. the Albert Connell/Terry Rebiski altercation that nearly got violent back in '00).

LT is probably a fine human being, yes-but at the same time, you have to wonder if Norv is largely to blame for all the player altercations we've seen on the SD sidelines this year.

1) There is no real way to tell if Volek is on the field from that picture.

2) I'm sure that happens in EVERY nfl game every week at least once - someone takes one step onto the field. If they called that TD back, there would be at least one a week called back in EVERY game.

1. it's pretty clear white shoes on green grass, not to mention the Charger staff

2. it's no worse than calling it back because a wr didn't stop a half second early, or lined up a step behind the tackle....how many times have teams been flagged because a player doesn't get off the field, even though he has no barring in the play....

I lost my fantasy playoff by........ 5 points due to that run. Total BS. They should have kicked the FG anyhow. So weak.

In my cbs league you can add a story just like a writer would for the front page of the fantasy site. I added mine about how the other 2 teams in my division got knocked out with my win. Heres the pic I added. Since we are all talking about Tom Tom I wanted everyone to bask in my glory....

tomtom.jpg

2. it's no worse than calling it back because a wr didn't stop a half second early, or lined up a step behind the tackle....how many times have teams been flagged because a player doesn't get off the field, even though he has no barring in the play....

i think this is b.s. as well.... refs should use common sense and let the play go if some guy is 2 feet from the sideline and sprinting off... i've seen manning get the crap call way too many times..

FWIW-it seems like Norv Turner teams tend to have alot of conflicts b/w players and coaches(i.e. the Albert Connell/Terry Rebiski altercation that nearly got violent back in '00).

LT is probably a fine human being, yes-but at the same time, you have to wonder if Norv is largely to blame for all the player altercations we've seen on the SD sidelines this year.

Or the Michael Westbrook beatdown of Stephen Davis.

12 men on the field (aka substitution infraction) is a presnap penalty. It can't be that because it occurred post snap.

Most often this situation is ruled a sideline infraction, but usually only if a warning had already been given.

You might argue that it was illegal participation, but I'm pretty sure the player that enters the field has to attempt to try to participate in the play for that to be called.

I'm coming in way late on this, but- Did LT do something to Phillip Rivers? Serously, I didn't catch this. Can someone bring me up to speed?

I'm coming in way late on this, but- Did LT do something to Phillip Rivers? Serously, I didn't catch this. Can someone bring me up to speed?

someone has to put a link to it for you, it was bad. He was chillin on the bench and when Rivers sat down next to him he just gets up and walks off...and looked so mad at the time. It was hard for me to watch, cause i always view LT as a team leader and all around great guy, but he just dissed the heck outta Rivers big time...anyone got the link?

After one of Rivers' 2 interceptions, it shows Rivers walking to the bench about to sit down next to LT and as shown River sits down, LT abruptly gets up and has an angry annoyed look on his face.

From CBS Sports http://www.sportsline.com/nfl/story/10521884

7. No, there is no cold war between Philip Rivers and LaDainian Tomlinson. I know what the cameras showed. I also know how the two responded. "I think they're reading too much into it," L.T. said. I'm with L.T. on this one.

http://www.signonsandiego.com/sports/chargers/20071210-9999-1s10ltrivers.html

12 men on the field (aka substitution infraction) is a presnap penalty. It can't be that because it occurred post snap.

Most often this situation is ruled a sideline infraction, but usually only if a warning had already been given.

You might argue that it was illegal participation, but I'm pretty sure the player that enters the field has to attempt to try to participate in the play for that to be called.

nailed it

Pretty much puts this one to bed.

I find it sad that some of you are actually claiming that Tomlinson is a classy guy and a human being. It's sad that some of you are blinded by what his coach, who was fired, said.

You can listen to Marty all you want. I'll let my eyes do the talking. What he did to Philip Rivers was one of the classless thing I've seen in an NFL game. Players like Chad Johnson, Keyshawn Johnson, Terrell Ownes, never did something as classless as him.

Matter of fact, the other three actually earned the right to do whatever they want because of their on the field play.

What has LT done this season? Nothing! He has been complaining and crying about his head coach, his quarterback, and his offensive line.

LT is no longer the best player in the NFL. His time is up. Now that it is, the world is looking at what a real classy guy he is...

LT was all show.

I'd rather have TO and Keyshawn on my team before having someone like LT. At least the formers have a reason to show up to the quarterback and tell it like it is instead of turning their back.

:laugh: Dude ... just wow. I would literally kill for LT to be a Redskin. Tomlinson is the best runningback in the league, bar none, has been the best for the past few years. I don't care about Shaun Alexander's MVP year, he still doesn't hold a candle to what LT can do.

The guy is the team leader, and this team had such high expectations coming in this year. As mediocre as they have been, I'd be pissed if I were LT too, especially considering all of the dumb*** mistakes that Rivers has made this year. Rivers almost cost their team this game, and if it was for him making it up in the end to put LT in a position to score the game tying TD, that San Diego situation would be even more volatile. Besides, we all have our moments that we'd like to take back, even professional athletes.

LT was the major reason that the Chargers were 14-2 last year. He is an outstanding player and I would certainly take him on our team any day of the week. No offense to Portis, but when you have someone who is alock to get in to the HOF, you would absolutely take him. As far as being classless or a hypocrite, I didn't see that kind of stuff. He seems like he wants to win and based on the job that Norv was doing this year, I can't say that I blame LT for being upset.

LT was the major reason that the Chargers were 14-2 last year. He is an outstanding player and I would certainly take him on our team any day of the week. No offense to Portis, but when you have someone who is alock to get in to the HOF, you would absolutely take him. As far as being classless or a hypocrite, I didn't see that kind of stuff. He seems like he wants to win and based on the job that Norv was doing this year, I can't say that I blame LT for being upset.

I mentioned this in a previous post-it seems like under Norv, his players/assistants will get into alot of conflicts.(i.e. the Connell/Rebiski altercation on the sidelines in the '00 Eagles game that nearly got violent)

And now we're seeing this on the SD sideline this year.

Archived