Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2008 Redskins Draft Prospects (As per percentage)

OxonHillSkinsFan89

Disclaimer: A search was done before this thread was made.

What do you guys think?

http://www.fantasyfootballjungle.com/y/nfl-draft/teams/index.php?steam=Was

Washington Redskins Draft Page

Who are the going to get in the 2008 NFL draft?

The following shows who NFL draft enthusiasts think the Washington Redskins are going to get with their first 3 draft picks . Players are shown with the number of mock drafts that had this player going to the , and the % of the time that this player was selected to go to the . The bottom table gives a list of positions that the Washington Redskins are most likely targeting with their first 3 picks of the draft.

Top 15 Targeted Prospects at Pick 14

Player# Drafts%

Kenny Phillips, S Miami

DeSean Jackson, WR California

Sedrick Ellis, DT USC

Dan Connor, OLB Penn State

Vernon Gholston, DE Ohio State

Jonathan Stewart, RB Oregon

Steve Slaton, RB West Virginia

Malcolm Jenkins, CB Ohio State

Calais Campbell, DE Miami

Malcolm Kelly, WR Oklahoma

Ryan Clady, OT Boise State

Derrick Harvey, DE Florida

Jamar Adams, S Michigan

Antoine Cason, CB Arizona

Sam Baker, OT USC

Top 10 Targeted Prospects at Pick 44

Player# Drafts%

Aqib Talib, CB Kansas

Justin King, CB Penn State

Chevis Jackson, CB LSU

Early Doucet, WR LSU

Josh Barrett, S Arizona State

John Carlson, TE Notre Dame

Jonathan Stewart, RB Oregon

Lawrence Jackson, DE USC

Tony Hills, OT Texas

Chris Ellis, DE Virginia Tech

Top 10 Targeted Prospects at Pick 75

Player# Drafts%

Quentin Groves, DE Auburn

Keilen Dykes, DT West Virginia

Michael Oher, OG Ole Miss

Top 7 Targeted Positions in the First Two Rounds of the Draft

Position#

Drafts

Wide Receiver

Safety

Defensive End

Cornerback

Defensive Tackle

Outside Linebacker

Running Back

i know its impossible to replace ST but drafting Vernon Gholston would be nice. He could be our next "freak" athlete on the defense. He might shoot up in the draft as well because he might wow people at the combine. A real physical freak.

Agreed. This guy brings a load. I thought he was a linebacker, though? If he can play on the D-Line, I'm all for targeting this guy.

I don't see Phillips as a game-changing player. We can't replace ST, we just gotta improve the other units. Defensive line will make this defense stellar.

What about QB?

We dont need one. We have this guy named Jerry Campbell or something. He's apparently our qb of the future.

Just say no to Kenny Phillips. Look guys, I like the idea, but we have more pressing needs.

(Though I have this feeling that will be an opinion i'll regret a few years from now)

What about QB?

Why? So you can find a new young QB to ***** about as he has his growing pains? :rolleyes:

I would be estatic if we got either Vernon Gholston or Calais Campbell. Campbell's production may have dropped off a bit in his senior year, but he's freaking HUGE. 6'8", 283 lbs. He's a freak and could ease up Carter's double teams.

I can't believe with all the holes on this team you guys honestly want us to spend another 1st day draft pick on a QB. We would be the laughing stocks of the league.

This is the mentality that will continue to set us back. You fill commited or "stuck" with JC. We need to adress this problem promptly. Can't worry about the embarassment of admitting the mistake everybody already knew we made when we drafted him.

This is the mentality that will continue to set us back. You fill commited or "stuck" with JC. We need to adress this problem promptly. Can't worry about the embarassment of admitting the mistake everybody already knew we made when we drafted him.

But what mistake? The guy has had what? 22 starts? He's doing better than alot of young QB's, but do you think the Titans are gonna go draft another QB?

Get real.

Guys, can't we stop with this Campbell debate? We already have a billion threads devoted to that topic, let's just stick the arguing in there, alright?

The defensive line is old on the edges. I believe we should draft DE in the first round, BPA at any position of need (WR, OL, FS, CB - QB for some people I guess...) in the second, and OL in the third.

I don't remember everyone talking about we made a mistake drafting him. If anything, we were extremely excited to draft him, I know I was. The guy has shown more in his 22 starts then Patrick Ramsey has shown in his entire career, and you want to throw him to the gutter for somebody else. And we're not "stuck" with him, he doesn't even have that big of a contract. If we really wanted to, we could trade him to a team without receiving that big of a cap hit. Now take the San Diego Chargers and New York Giants, THOSE are teams that are stuck with their current QBs.

Anywho, the two positions I am mostly concerned with us filling in the draft are as follows:

- DE: So we can finally rush the passer!

- WR: Give Campbell a big bodied stud that can truly complete our WR trio.

- OL (Preferably Guard): Have someone who can eventually take over for Kendall or Thomas, since it seems we have our longterm answer at RT with Heyer.

Archived