Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

FS: Five Most Disappointing Teams

Mark The Homer

You know things are bad when your favorite football team has a Hall of Fame Head Coach, the best assistants in the league, an owner who will spend infinite amounts of money to win, a first round pick starting safety buried in the ground days earlier, and with three weeks left in the season your team has a losing record and isn't even considered a top 5 disappointment:

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/7529238?MSNHPHCP&GT1=10734

I just hope that NEXT SEASON, our beloved Skins can change their team personality, and play with an aggressive, play to win style (IN THE SECOND HALF OF GAMES) that we all saw in the Bears game. My gosh....how nice it was to see us THROWING ON 1st down, and ATTACKING in the 3rd and 4th quarter. We also saw this is the DALLAS game....this is why the Skins nearly beat the Cowboys in the closing minutes.

Hard to argue with that list. Fact is, we were 5-11 last year, and we've won more games than we did last year with three left to play. We're all disappointed, but objectively speaking, we're not nearly as disappointing as those teams.

Also, as I understand it, our schedule is tied for second-toughest in the NFL this year.

Maybe because we were supposed to suck this year, or maybe the media is letting us off the hook considering recent events.

The only place where the Skins were considered a playoff team at the beginning of the year was on ES. Everyone else had them in last place in the NFLE. Despite the injuries, they've fought to a position where they still have a shot at the last spot. Not even close to being disappointing.

We are better than we were last year and as a team are not exactly a disappointment...of course the fans are disappointed but its a different kind of disappointment. The Eagles, Bengals, Bears, Saints, and Ravens were expected to be good teams this year and have been held back basically by themselves sucking and maybe 1-2 injuries.

The Redskins were a bad team last year that looked decent this year but was held back by injuries across the board and recently the death of a star athlete.

It has already been stated that with injury, after plaguing injury, we are still good, which is true. People are too caught up in wanting something without taking any time to get it. Fast Food, Fast wars, and now a fast championship... Come on. You can throw together a championship team like the Yankees over night, or you can wait it out for the dynasty that is coming.:point2sky

how the Chargers and 49ers aren't on that list is beyond me

Well, while the 49ers are a disappointment, they aren't as big of a disappointment as those teams.

As for the Chargers, I think the expectations went down after the fired Marty for Norv.

I think the only way this team is a disappointment is to fans who had unrealistic expectations for the season. Unless we were lucky, it was going to take more than one season to make last years squad into a consistent playoff caliber team. Personally, despite the frustration, I like what I see from this team.

Jason

Archived