Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Betts or Portis?

the1toask

Jesus, again with this? Can we go one week without calling for someone's head based on that week's performance?

Portis is our starter-- he works his ass off every play, whether they call his number or not (despite what many on here say)-- and Betts is a great change-of-pace guy who excels in the short passing game.

No one can run well without a healthy and effective O-line-- something Portis hasn't seen here in a while

This isn't a one week performance rating. Take a peek. As far as him working his ass off, that's fine, but if he is doing that and he is still not producing (he is not), guess what, his playing time should be cut into !

This isn't a one week performance rating. Take a peek. As far as him working his ass off, that's fine, but if he is doing that and he is still not producing (he is not), guess what, his playing time should be cut into !

Why because of the piss poor offense line? Stephen " I was a UDFA out of college" Heyer or Jason " I was let go from the cowboys, and now Romo sits to pee has time to throw" Fabini

Some of you act like we can just cut Portis and use his salary elsewhere.

Or actually trade him for something.

Wow! If Portis is as great as some suggest on this thread, we should have no problem trading him! Ummmm exactly, you would have a hard time trading him for something decent because he is not great! Thanks for helping to make my point!

Wow! If Portis is as great as some suggest on this thread, we should have no problem trading him! Ummmm exactly, you would have a hard time trading him for something decent because he is not great! Thanks for helping to make my point!
Yea that or him missing half of last season with injuries, off-season surgeries, knee problems before the season started... etc.

we should draft the kid from arkansas or trade for adrian peterson. if we cut or trade portis

Adrian Peterson is good because he's good. He's great because of his offensive line. Chester Taylor looks like a probowler running behind that line...

we should draft the kid from arkansas or trade for adrian peterson. if we cut or trade portis

How are you going to manage to get McFadden when you wont be picking that high, us on the otherhand :)

With the 2nd pick in the NFL Draft the New England Patriots select Darren McFadden Running back Arkansas:cool:

People fail to understand that the offensive line blocking has been completely ****. Running right now is basically a waste of a down. not because Betts sucks, or because Portis sucks, but because our line is total garbarge except for Samuels in terms of run blocking. Hell, it's not even that great at pass pro either.

Running backs are dependent completely on their line to at least get them past the line of scrimmage. Our line can't even do that reliably.

This is how it is: younger fans will always stick by Portis no matter what, it seems.

Well I must be an old soul then because Portis is average. I really can't stand the way he hits the LOS. He always dances and it is so frustrating every time I realize that we gave away Champ Bailey and a 2nd Round pick for him :doh:

I know it was 4 years ago but I don't care that was a dumb trade.

:broncosuc

I don't care who is back there. Have you seen the offensive line play? They can't block line of senior citizens going to the early bird special. Right now the Offensive line is banged up and it is really learning how to play with one another. That is why we are seeing more two tight end sets and we are seeing sellers and portis staying into block. The offensive line is in bad shape and hopefully Randy Thomas coming back will give us that needed lift to get us into the playoffs.

Archived