Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Ron Paul on ABC w/ John Stossel & Recent Coverage of the Ron Paul Blimp

footballhenry

Well when Reagan wanted to eliminate the DoE...he got elected President.

Well, that wasn't THE reason he was elected president. Of course, there were dozens of reasons why he was elected, including his promise of a smaller government. It sure helped him to have a weak incumbent president in Carter too.

I'd rather give my money to a man that at least acknowledges the cliff we're headed for than just roll over and accept another election where both candidates want to push the gas harder.

Besides my dollars are worth less and less everyday anyway. :)

Sure, this country has problems and it always will. But Paul and some of the other candidates would have you believe that we are on the brink of collapse. It's called "the politics of fear". Paul is just as good as Bush in using scare tactics. I think I'll hold onto my money, thank you very much.

Ron Paul Supporters Hack Campaign Finance Law to Send Blimp Aloft

http://www.wired.com/politics/law/news/2007/12/paul_blimp

Republican presidential candidate Ron Paul's supporters are set to take off into uncharted political territory this week with the launch of a giant airship that will fly up and down the East Coast advertising their candidate's name.

But the Ron Paul blimp project is more that just a way for supporters to win more exposure for the Texas congressman's White House run. It's also a daring end run around U.S. campaign finance laws, and it might set a new course for election fundraising, or blow up like the Hindenburg.

"We created a business plan that allows any U.S. citizen to buy as much blimp as they want, without having it count towards their current campaign contributions," reads an explanation on the Ron Paul blimp fundraising site. "This updated legal arrangement offers the best of both worlds, no limits and virtually no regulations."

I think this is a bad idea and it has nothing to do with Paul. Who is going to use these tactics next? What if a bunch of billionaires decide they want to get around the laws like this to promote someone you detest? Would that be OK?

On a more personal note, this whole Ron Paul thing is kind of creepy to me. It feels too much like a cult. :paranoid:

Ron Paul Supporters Hack Campaign Finance Law to Send Blimp Aloft

http://www.wired.com/politics/law/news/2007/12/paul_blimp

I think this is a bad idea and it has nothing to do with Paul. Who is going to use these tactics next? What if a bunch of billionaires decide they want to get around the laws like this to promote someone you detest? Would that be OK?

On a more personal note, this whole Ron Paul thing is kind of creepy to me. It feels too much like a cult. :paranoid:

How can you hack a law that doesn't exist? Is there a law that says they can't do this?

I've gotten the cult feeling too, its only because everyone hears from the extremely passionate supporters who are really just the minority of his supporters.

Sure, this country has problems and it always will. But Paul and some of the other candidates would have you believe that we are on the brink of collapse. It's called "the politics of fear". Paul is just as good as Bush in using scare tactics. I think I'll hold onto my money, thank you very much.

The difference is Paul backs himself up with data while Bush just used slogans.

How can you hack a law that doesn't exist? Is there a law that says they can't do this?

I've gotten the cult feeling too, its only because everyone hears from the extremely passionate supporters who are really just the minority of his supporters.

Campaign finance laws are designed to put limits on how much an individual can donate for good reason. They are using a loophole to skirt the law. Is it legal? Maybe. (I don't know) Is it a good idea? I don't think so. If Ron Paul supporters can do it so can everyone and it opens a floodgate of money, much of it from people who have more influence than you or I already.

Campaign finance laws are designed to put limits on how much an individual can donate for good reason. They are using a loophole to skirt the law. Is it legal? Maybe. (I don't know) Is it a good idea? I don't think so. If Ron Paul supporters can do it so can everyone and it opens a floodgate of money, much of it from people who have more influence than you or I already.

I haven't read into this that much, but isn't this the same thing as donating to a PAC, the DNC, or the RNC? They all put out ads as well, they just don't do something this creative.

I don't believe any candidate or group could do something like this as well as Paul supporters have, this has been completely a bottom up approach while the others guys would be doing it from the top down. This is the difference between Paul's campaign and Dean's.

Mike,

I'm struggling to understand what you are concerned with in this. Havnt numerous organized groups sponsored events and promotions for one particular candidate or another for years? I mean, Oprah ust put on a 30,000 person arena event for Obama!

The blimp and tea party events are even less troublesome because they arent sponsored by billionaires, they are paid for from an average donation amount of somewhere less than $150 per person, many even just sending $5-$10. To me, that is exactly the kind of real, grassroots support that should excite the politicians regardless of who that support is behind. It means that people actually are starting to care about how our goverment is doing things and using all legal means to get their message accross.

:2cents:

you are getting annoying with your constant bashing.

but its a free board, so post away truman, you are really swaying peoples votes away from Ron Paul :rolleyes:

He smells of more fear in every post.

why troll and bash anything and anyone that is connected to support of the man if you were positve that he didnt have a chance past super tuesday?

What does Bush's evidence for Iraq have anything to do with Paul and the NAU? You know, it is possible that both of them are wrong.

Then I said Paul backs himself up, referring to the market and the money you want to hold onto. Then you brought up the NAU.

And yes I know Paul could be wrong, but I'll take solace in the fact that Bush is wrong.

Then I said Paul backs himself up, referring to the market and the money you want to hold onto. Then you brought up the NAU.

And yes I know Paul could be wrong, but I'll take solace in the fact that Bush is wrong.

Great then, we can at least agree on one thing - Bush was wrong about Iraq.

Archived