Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Redskins Pro Bowl update with 1 week left to vote(merged)

BigDFan5

Thanks for the update, BigD. :cheers:

The only one I'd argue with is Bush, because he hasn't done anything this year. But Peterson, Barber and Westbrook should rep the NFC in Hawaii this year - those are the top 3 backs by a long shot.

:cheers:

Bush will get knocked out with the coaches and players vote for sure.

Well he does have more tackles and sacks. Roy has 2 INTs to Landry's 0. But lets keep in mind, Landry played close to the line all year with Taylor playing centerfield.

Landry also has more punishing hits.....if that helps any. :)

Folks, Dallas is what, 12-1? The have probably clinched a playoff spot and now hoping for a bye. We are 6-7? Teams that are struggling during this process rarely get to send many players as we have witnessed over the last 10 years. May not seem right that's consistent and Gibbs even mentioned it in his press conference last year.

Let's get over it!

It would be a crime if Cooley and Fletcher don't go.

It would be nice if Sean can get elected to start the Pro Bowl but I wonder if the coaches will let that happen. He'll win the fan vote easily and I can see the players voting for him, it's the coaches that has me concerned.

As for CP, he's slipped the last few weeks (thanks to the pathetic blocking of our Oline) so I don't have a problem with the 3 runners ahead of him right now. As everyone has said, Bush is a joke and is way overrated.

doh.gif

Why not?

It's not that big of a difference in stats.

roy williams through 12 games:

71 tackles, 0 sacks, 4 Passes defended, 2 INT's, 10 yards

LaRon Landry through 13 games:

82 tackles, 1.5 sacks, 4 Passes defended, 0 INT's (would have an INT if INT's on 2 point conversions counted)

LaRon is better in coverage but williams has slightly better stats. It's hardly anything to go doh.gif about.

The :doh: was not because he necessarily disagreed, the :doh: was because he was trying to simply provide information, and got attacked for it. :)

exactly Jrock, as I said in the other post the thread was not the place to debate the merits of the Cowboys players or safeties. thanks for getting it :cheers:

Cooley should make it in 2nd.

Fletcher is the best MLB in the NFC..it isn't even close. Its a joke that he is #5. Who's 1st? Brian Urlacher?

Roy WIlliams is always #1 at SS voting..overrated, but the pro bowl is a joke.

Barber over portis? haha

It should be:

Adrian Peterson

Brian Westbrook

Edge

Portis

Barber

The only MLB that should be ahead of Fletcher is Willis. How the **** does a guy whos #2 in tackles in the league #5 in MLB votes? Does that make any sense?

http://www.nfl.com/stats/categorystats?archive=false&conference=null&statisticCategory=TACKLES&season=2007&seasonType=REG&experience=null&tabSeq=0&qualified=true&Submit=Find...

LF also has 12 PD, 3 INT, 1 Td, 1 fumble recovery.

Cooley should make it in 2nd.

Fletcher is the best MLB in the NFC..it isn't even close. Its a joke that he is #5. Who's 1st? Brian Urlacher?

Roy WIlliams is always #1 at SS voting..overrated, but the pro bowl is a joke.

Barber over portis? haha

It should be:

Adrian Peterson

Brian Westbrook

Edge

Portis

Barber

The only MLB that should be ahead of Fletcher is Willis. How the **** does a guy whos #2 in tackles in the league #5 in MLB votes? Does that make any sense?

http://www.nfl.com/stats/categorystats?archive=false&conference=null&statisticCategory=TACKLES&season=2007&seasonType=REG&experience=null&tabSeq=0&qualified=true&Submit=Find...

LF also has 12 PD, 3 INT, 1 Td, 1 fumble recovery.

While Barber has less yards than Portis he has the same amount of TDs and is averaging 4.9 ypc to Portis' 3.7 ypc. Portis has also played 1 more game than barber so far. Barber absolutely deserves his spot IMO

Brian Urlacher and Nick Barnett are the top 2 at MLB

While Barber has less yards than Portis he has the same amount of TDs and is averaging 4.9 ypc to Portis' 3.7 ypc. Portis has also played 1 more game than barber so far. Barber absolutely deserves his spot IMO

Brian Urlacher and Nick Barnett are the top 2 at MLB

He isn't the main guy on the team. He has -100 carries than all the guys.

He might not even get 1,000 yards. Right now, he has 796 yards. He should get 204 yards in 4 games, but IDK.

Now, I don't think Portis should get it either. Neither have been worthy of anything, this year.

But, the NFC RB suck.

ANyway, The first two should be Westbrook and Peterson. Its a tie between Portis and Edge.

If Barber wasn't sharing carries with Jones, they he should be in. But, over Portis, edge, and the other guys who have 100+ more yards than him. no.

That is correct After Williams, Landry and Wilson the NFC SS quality drops considerably

BigD,

What is this support for williams as a probowler? Hasnt he been essentially benched for passing situations. I swear i saw many pieces on it. I dont think a probowl SS is one that is only a situational player.

This is not a thread to debate safeties so I wont respond to these kinds of posts, I just thought you guys would appreciate an update

Thanks Big D how about our boy Rock Cartwright as a kick returner? I know he doesn't stand a chance heads up against Hester, but am hoping he gets in as a alternate.

He isn't the main guy on the team. He has -100 carries than all the guys.

He might not even get 1,000 yards. Right now, he has 796 yards. He should get 204 yards in 4 games, but IDK.

Barber's ypc is much higher - Portis is having his worst year as a pro in terms of ypc. If not for the Jets game, it might be less than 3.5 yards per carry. :doh:

Yes, just checked - w/o the Jets game, Portis has 219 carries for 760 yards - a paltry 3.47 ypc.

And did you watch the Cowboys/Pats game? Barber should get a probowl nod for his safety-saving run alone. That was the single most awesome piece of running I've seen certainly this season - and probably in the past 2 seasons.

Archived